Good Guy Richard Ceniceros, great animals at great prices - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
Pals_id
Richard Ceniceros, great animals at great prices

Hello,

My name is Phil and I recently purchased an albino boa from Richard (Who is user "boakid" on Fauna Classifieds). I think it looks even better than the pictures, has a great disposition, and already accepts f/t hoppers! I have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive at first, as I have purchased reptiles from breeder websites, but never from a classified section. Richard stayed in contact, even over a holiday, and has great boas at great prices. I could not be happier with my purchase and would buy another boa from him when finances allow.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Pals_id
Hello again,

Out of curiosity; has anyone else purchased anything from Richard on either this site or Kingsnake? If so, what was your experience?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Chevmysta88
I purchased a female albino boa baby and we had lots of problems.
He took a few days to reply to emails it too 3 weeks to ship because of potential heat problems. one of the best days was on a thursday of the first week but he didnt wanna ship late in the week but at the end of it all he shipped on a thursday.
The weather was still fairly warm high of 90.
The snake was suposed to arrive at 11am but didnt make it till 6 pm and was pretty warm.
She was real wobbley but I have her cooling off in water and she was acting better.
I let Richard know how she was and he never replied.
She never stopped wobbling and ended up dead last night.
She arrived last friday.
He hasn't returned any emails yet...
I'm not blaming him for the snake I'm actually blaming ups for the late arrival but Richard could have placed cool packs in with here as He knew it was hot in both our areas.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
Pals_id
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevmysta88 View Post
He took a few days to reply to emails it too 3 weeks to ship because of potential heat problems. one of the best days was on a thursday of the first week but he didnt wanna ship late in the week but at the end of it all he shipped on a thursday.
The snake was suposed to arrive at 11am but didnt make it till 6 pm and was pretty warm.
She was real wobbley but I have her cooling off in water and she was acting better.
She arrived last friday.
I'm not blaming him for the snake I'm actually blaming ups for the late arrival but Richard could have placed cool packs in with here as He knew it was hot in both our areas.
Sorry to hear that, it's too bad that it turned out that way. As you mention, Richard will not ship during very warm weather as he lives in southern California, I believe. I waited 2-3 weeks for the arrival due to weather as well. I hope this gets resolved for you. Unfortunately, accidents in shipping can happen.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
CONSTRICTORS305
Richard is a good guy in my book. His knowledge of the boa constrictor is mind blowing..

I am very sorry about your shipment and I myself being in Florida have not shipped anything out lately. It is way to warm and fedex or ups has been unreliable with their arrival times.

I am sure boakid will take care of you , it is something that definitely happens and you should always be cautious shipping in these temps! It could be 90 outside but a neo boa stuck in a insulated box, in a non ac delivery truck , smells like trouble to me..

Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
boakid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevmysta88 View Post
She arrived last friday.
It was totally UPS fault on this one, but another thing this guy bugged like no tomorrow to have his snake shipped like a kid. I finally ship when his weather in texas is a little bit better, well UPS didnt deliver til 6pm. Not my fault, i did return my emails maybe a day later at most. The snake died a week later, i dont have a picture to prove it but i did tell Chevy Ford that i can work out some kind of deal anyway.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
chazzz
Richard is a Great Guy with stunning animals. Richard has always returned my emails. Like spencer said Richard has a vast knowledge of Boas and he also has excellent husbandry practices.

Sometimes things go wrong when shipping live animals that is the nature of the business. I'm sorry to hear that the snake died. Richard did tell you(Chevy) that he would work some kind of deal out even though the fault is with UPS as you(Chevy) stated. I think that is pretty cool of Richard even though the snake died a week later, not many people would be willing to help you out at all after a week.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
Chevmysta88
Quote:
Originally Posted by boakid View Post
It was totally UPS fault on this one, but another thing this guy bugged like no tomorrow to have his snake shipped like a kid. I finally ship when his weather in texas is a little bit better, well UPS didnt deliver til 6pm. Not my fault, i did return my emails maybe a day later at most. The snake died a week later, i dont have a picture to prove it but i did tell Chevy Ford that i can work out some kind of deal anyway.
I already mentioned that the snakes death was UPS fault. It was also you fault for not putting anything in the box to keep her cool.
I do not appreciate the attitude Richard I already told you that it was said and done and that I would like to buy another snake from you in the future.
You didnt give me a deal btw you offered 100 off any sunglow which is a deal but you were offering that to the public also.
I would not recomend buy from richard because as soon as a snake is dead he starts pointing fingers. Even though I told him it was fine and that I just wanted to notify him that the snake had died.
I Did not bug I asked him maybe twice a week and all I would geet told was it is too hot.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
Chevmysta88
Try and call to see when its gona get there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:24:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Albino Female
To: coldseller@hotmail.com

I sure hope so because its now 7 hours late

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: chevmysta88@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, July 23, 2010 3:22:53 PM
Subject: RE: Albino Female

Its should be fine, i ship in a insulated box.

Richard

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 12:26:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Albino Female
To: coldseller@hotmail.com

Usually they are here by 11 am but they are usually on a truck by 7 so they must be running late its not very hot its pretty cloudy around 85

Sent: Fri, July 23, 2010 1:49:53 PM
Subject: RE: Albino Female

When u have gotten snakes before, what time do they usually come?

> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:39:00 -0700
> From: chevmysta88@yahoo.com
> Subject: RE: Albino Female
> To: coldseller@hotmail.com
>
> Cool. Nah I'll have to pass thanks
>
> On Wed Jul 21st, 2010 6:45 PM EDT richard ceniceros wrote:
>
> >
> >Im gonna ship tomorrow for friday delivery, is that cool. Also did u want add anything last minute as your shipping is paid for.
> >
> >
> >
> >www.imageevent.com/richardceniceros/available
> >
> >
> >
> >I have one pair of het. albinos left $75 the pair.
> >
> >
> >
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 11:54:47 -0700
> >From: chevmysta88@yahoo.com
> >Subject: Re: Albino Female
> >To: coldseller@hotmail.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Well it shouldn't any time soon.
> >if the carrier wasn't a potential problem then it would be alright to ship because at gets hot after lunchtime but before then its only around 80
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >From: richard ceniceros <coldseller@hotmail.com>
> >To: chevmysta88@yahoo.com
> >Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 12:27:23 PM
> >Subject: RE: Albino Female
> >
> >
> >
> >I just checked your weather and its still so hot, do u think it will get a little cooler anytime soon?
> >
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 05:27:51 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Hey richard just checking in on the shipping.
> >It seems to have cooled but not by much
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Sent: Wed, July 14, 2010 10:46:55 AM
> >
> >
> >
> >Chevy
> >Check my zip 91765 were in a heat wave over here too i think its too hot to ship right now.
> >
> >Hang tight.
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 06:07:16 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Let me know what we should so Richard as you are the one with the snake
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Sent: Sun, July 11, 2010 9:47:26 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >Thats normally the case but if the carrier makes an error and decides to bring it late (it happens) the snake can toast. Then ill have to credit you another animal.
> >
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:28:58 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >I usually don't have problems with shipping because it doesnt reach 80 until around noon and the snake is in my hands by 10am
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Sent: Sun, July 11, 2010 8:18:39 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >Chevy
> >I just checked your weather and your high is going to be 98 degrees for tuesday, i think its too hot to ship anyting over 90 degrees. I think we should wait til it cools down a bit.
> >
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:59:45 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Monday would work best man
> >Just let me know
> >Thanks
> >Chevy
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Sent: Thu, July 8, 2010 9:06:34 AM
> >
> >
> >
> >Chevy
> >Im going to have to ship out next week cause i was out of town longer than i thought, let me know what days work for you next week.
> >
> >Thanks
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 00:03:53 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Hey man let me know if you get the boa out this week
> >thanks
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Sent: Mon, July 5, 2010 2:50:48 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >Chevy
> >Im going to stay out of town til probably wednesday, so i can probably ship by the end of the week if not early next week. I was going to go back home today but decided to extend my trip.
> >
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:43:30 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Its nice and warm here now around 75 constant so a heat pack wouldnt be nesesary
> >Keep me posted on the shipping Richard
> >Thanks,
> >Chevy
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Sent: Sat, July 3, 2010 2:13:41 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >Chevy
> >I got it thanks, ill keep u posted on shipping.
> >
> >Richard
> >
> >
> >
> >Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 10:56:18 -0700
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >Dude I just send the money
> >The shipping address is different
> >Temperature for west texas is around 65-75 all week next week so maybe a small heat pack would do
> >Thanks
> >
> >
> >Chevy Ford
> >1501 N. Jude
> >Odessa, Tx 79763
> >(432)-296-8108 Primary
> >(432)-288-2960 Secondary
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >From: "boakid @ FaunaClassifieds" <coldseller@hotmail.com>
> >Sent: Sat, July 3, 2010 12:02:56 PM
> >Subject: Albino Female
> >
> >This is a message from boakid at FaunaClassifieds ( http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php ). The FaunaClassifieds owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.
> >
> >To email boakid, you can use this online form:
> >http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...member&u=30287
> >
> >OR, by email:
> >mailto:coldseller@hotmail.com
> >
> >This is the message:
> >
> >Hi
> >Just shot u a pm also, total will be $250 shipped as shipping is $50 overnight to your doorstep. I accept paypal to my email address coldseller@hotmail.com
> >
> >Once you send payment ill confirm.
> >
> >Thanks Richard
> >coldseller@hotmail.com
> >

Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
Chevmysta88
Oh crap

Chevy
Dam that sucks, wonder why it died 7 days later. Probably the heat. Anyways i can cut you a great deal on a sunglow to help out. Take $100 off any sunglow on my page, thats as low as $275 for a sunglow.

http://www.imageevent.com/richardcen...sunglowlitter1

Price is good til saturday only. Plus shipping $50 Then we will wait for a cooler day. I accept paypal to my email coldseller@hotmail.com But im having problems returning emails on that one.

Richard

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!