Inquiry Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:02 AM   #41
LauraB
We can talk genetics all day. It doesn't change the facts.

Facts are, this "morph" hasn't proven out in 10 + years by respected, well-known experts who purchased from Wanda, based on her bogus claims, and who poured thousand of dollars and time into that project.

Facts are, no buyers, keepers, breeders have come forward to back up or brag or prove Wanda's visual Sunsethypo morph offspring actually exist in 10+ years.

And finally, good grief ... the photos Nick posted (reposted below) should be more than enough proof of color altering/manipulation!

Yo, Wanda ... what's with the photos?
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #42
Walter1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
Honestly. It takes some serious talent to misspell my name twice, two different ways in three sentences! Hahahaha
Was on a roll, like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. My goofX2. Doowww.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #43
llcoollaslo
I have tortoises purchased from Nick

I have to say something now...I purchased the 2 Star Tortoises from Nick and they are the best of the ones that I have! I also have a female Yellowfoot that I purchased from him years ago that is a beast of a girl. I will vouch for the quality of his Tortoises from personal experience!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #44
nickolasanastasiou
Much appreciated, Jeff. Darik/Wanda was grasping at straws by the point he/she started making various false accusations. It is a shame, but certainly makes for an easy counter.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #45
nickolasanastasiou
Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 10:13 PM
To
tim.blevins@aol.com
I think I will decline, Carl/Darik/Wanda.

Have a nice evening and good luck in your search,

Nick

To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: ivory sulcata

Hello Nick , my shipping address is

Tim Blevins
3509 buckingham street
norfolk va 23513
757 3405461

thanks Tim
-----Original Message-----
To: tim.blevins <tim.blevins@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Feb 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Tim,

Yes, a money order is fine.

Also, let me know the full name and address for shipment. Please include a phone number with the address. It is not to call you. I only call in rare circumstances, but it is a requirement for FedEx.

Thanks,

Nick

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:15 PM

i have never used paypal , I am not a member . Can you take a check or money order?

Sent: Thu, Feb 27, 2014 12:25 pm

Tim,

It appears to be a female at this size. I will attach some larger images.

It is more of a preferential grass eater than some of my other sulcatas. Will only eat a little bit of Mazuri occasionally, as it does not seem to have a strong taste for it (which is not common in my experience). It will take turnip greens, mustard greens, endive/escarole, and Romaine lettuce. Finely chopped dried grass or alfalfa hay is sometimes spritzed and then mixed with one for these aforementioned greens to boost fiber and other nutrients. It will sometimes eat sliced zucchini and yellow squash, too. When outside during the warmer months from late April through late October, it eats almost entirely grass and weeds with the occasional fallen Rose of Sharon flower.

I typically take payment via Paypal. My Paypal address is the same as the email address you are corresponding with.

nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com

Make sure that, before you send, that you check to make sure your address in Paypal is correct, as that is the shipping address I am obligated to use in order to satisfy the terms of Paypal's buyer and seller protection policies.

Send that address via email to me as well so I have it quickly accessible for when it comes time to create the shipping label. The night temperatures are low in my area right now and I will have to make sure temps on both sides are safe before shipping (and I will make sure you will be available to receive well before shipment, too). For me, safe, for an animal of this size, would be night temps above 32F and daytime temps at around 40F or higher. Based on my current forecast, that would occur sometime in the second or third week of March, although we have to play it by ear.

I will use an insulated shipper and a heat pack to make sure the animal is kept at a nicer temperature inside the box during transit.

Thanks,

Nick

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:09 AM

Thank you for getting back to me so fast . Yes I understand that it is not guaranteed . I am not a tortoise keeper myself . I know my friend would like this one . Can you tell the sex at this size . I just want to pass the information on if you have it . What has it been eating , any favorite foods? . How do I proceed to purchase the tortoise ? thanks Tim

Sent: Thu, Feb 27, 2014 10:52 am

Hi,

It is still for sale. Mind you, I consider it a possible het. It was sold to me as a 100% het, but it is not like the guy who I bought it from was the original breeder. He had to sell his sulcatas off. Two "100% hets" and one "possible het". I am just considering them all possible hets as a result.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Nick

Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:34 AM
Subject: ivory sulcata

i am very interested in the het sulcata tortoise you have posted , is it still for sale? i a want to buy it as a gift if you still have , do you know the sex, thank you for your time Tim
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 PM   #46
nickolasanastasiou
The phone number is registered to a Carl G Patterson. The address is 0.7 miles from the house Darik and Wanda live in. A 14 minute walk.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #47
nickolasanastasiou
tim.blevins@aol.com Today at 9:55 PM
To
nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
I am going to try to mail payment tomorrow on my lunch break ,need your information thanks Tim

Sent: Thu, Feb 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Tim,

Yes, a money order is fine.

Also, let me know the full name and address for shipment. Please include a phone number with the address. It is not to call you. I only call in rare circumstances, but it is a requirement for FedEx.

Thanks,

Nick

Old 02-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #48
aSnakeLovinBabe
It's really interesting how "Tim" has the EXACT same writing style with the odd punctuation as Darwanda and also happens to live within spitting distance of him. Must be their local accent! Total coincidence. NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS.

That is pretty ballsy, trying to secretly buy a tortoise from a guy you just told off and called a hoarder.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #49
nickolasanastasiou
My belief is that this was an attempt to try to claim non-delivery or, scarier yet, to harm the healthy animal and then try to claim it came to the lying party in an injured or worse condition. Possibly trying to play up some sort of mail fraud, too, with the money order.

I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this party's other offerings, but now? I hope anyone considering buying from this seller (or these sellers if in cahoots) finds this thread and looks at what these people seem willing to do to others. Misrepresented products and misrepresented identities are not things to place any confidence in.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #50
Dennis Hultman
Not that it is needed because it's extremely obvious but anyway.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!