Bad Guy Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
cobra0212
Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning

I recently purchased two cages from James Church. As requested the cages were paid immediately, but so far they were not delivered, despite many promises. When contacting him, I received many different excuses postponing the delivery day by day... However, those were clearly invented. So far, it was not possible to solve this issue. I hope my message will avoid you becoming a victim too.
So far the was no option to discuss it over the phone to find a solution. A very sad situation.
 
Old 03-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
JCCS
Is this the same James Church that used to live in Charlotte, NC?
 
Old 03-17-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra0212 View Post
I recently purchased two cages from James Church. As requested the cages were paid immediately, but so far they were not delivered, despite many promises. When contacting him, I received many different excuses postponing the delivery day by day... However, those were clearly invented. So far, it was not possible to solve this issue. I hope my message will avoid you becoming a victim too.
So far the was no option to discuss it over the phone to find a solution. A very sad situation.
Would recommend laying out your timeline - when you first made contact, when you paid, and the promised delivery date. Also helpful to share any communication you have had (emails, FB messages, texts) to backup your story.

If you paid via PayPal or with a credit card, would see about submitting a claim to get your money back.
 
Old 03-17-2016, 11:59 AM   #4
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra0212 View Post
I recently purchased two cages from James Church.
Were the cages you purchased "in-stock" or "custom cages"?
 
Old 03-17-2016, 12:29 PM   #5
cobra0212
They are "custom made", why?
 
Old 03-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Prior to purchasing the cages, did you read this on their website?:

"As with any custom build there are factors to consider with Due dates and delivery times. from time to time we may encounter an issues that prevents us from Hitting a deadline. In the event of a missed date, I will do everything in my power to keep you updated and work with you to get the project competed.

(caps, directly off website)
YOUR CUSTOM BUILD IS SUBJECT TO SCHEDULING CHANGES DUE TO MANUFACTURING NEEDS. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO HIT A DEADLINE, SOMETIMES THIS CANNOT HAPPEN, WE WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ACCOMODATE YOUR BUILID TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY."
 
Old 03-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #7
MissFirefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Prior to purchasing the cages, did you read this on their website?:

"As with any custom build there are factors to consider with Due dates and delivery times. from time to time we may encounter an issues that prevents us from Hitting a deadline. In the event of a missed date, I will do everything in my power to keep you updated and work with you to get the project competed.

(caps, directly off website)
YOUR CUSTOM BUILD IS SUBJECT TO SCHEDULING CHANGES DUE TO MANUFACTURING NEEDS. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO HIT A DEADLINE, SOMETIMES THIS CANNOT HAPPEN, WE WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ACCOMODATE YOUR BUILID TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY."
This is where I think it would be helpful to see a timeline and communication records. While it makes sense that not every deadline can be met with custom orders, a customer should not be forced to wait an unreasonable amount of time. Can't say this is happening here or not without more proof.
 
Old 03-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFirefly View Post
This is where I think it would be helpful to see a timeline and communication records... unreasonable amount of time.
You are correct, a timeline would be helpful. Even if we knew a timeline however, RIRE has given themselves an "out" to avoid any and all committal deadlines based on "manufacturing needs". If the client agreed to such terms in advance, they have basically waived their right to an "exact" deadline(s). Since the client has no way of knowing if RIRE is experiencing "manufacturing needs", the client can not prove or disprove that they are/aren't experiencing an "unreasonable amount of time" or not.

Each party may have different versions of what constitutes "unreasonable", but in this case, the client agreed to accept RIRE's definition.

RIRE commented on this subject yesterday in an incorrect forum, perhaps they will return today and elaborate further.

I'm not taking sides, just saying what I'm observing thus far.
 
Old 03-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #9
SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS
Not stick up for him... but I know a few people who have bought from him and tho his deadlines sux. The cages are amazing especially for the price. Worth the wait but he needs to get his act togather on times.
 
Old 03-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #10
bcr229
Maybe it's a dumb question but your location states "Romont, Fribourg, Switzerland" so why are you ordering enclosures from a manufacturer in Rhode Island? Are you in the USA now?
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPDATE: Rhode Island Reptile Ban Tabled USARK.Jonathan.Brady General Legislative Discussions 0 02-19-2012 12:10 PM
Stop Rhode Island Reptile Ban EricWI General Legislative Discussions 0 01-31-2012 06:19 AM
Rhode Island Skiploder General Legislative Discussions 4 01-26-2012 10:52 AM
[For Sale] Reptile Vision cage 48" wide - 28" deep - 28" high $190.00 PU only Rhode Island iiicroweiii Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted 0 12-17-2011 10:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.





since April 17, 2002




TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.06361389 seconds with 11 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2014, FaunaClassifieds, LLC