Bad Guy Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2016, 01:52 AM   #51
tlmoon
I wonder about that too Chris, especially when they are asked to and don't. It sounds like there is corroborating information and the seller also agreeing that there are issues, but it's hard to come to a solid conclusion when things are vague.
 
Old 08-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #52
TBadSeed
Also paid for enclosure but never received it or refund

I believe I have also been scammed by James, I think i bought that guys used cage that started this thread and was built be James RIRE for a very good deal, if this is the same guy then yes he was provided caging and heat for his Tegu while James finished building and delivered his enclosure, I know this because James let him keep MY ENCLOSURE that i had already paid James for until he delivered the new one to Eric, which Eric stripped of the light fixtures and radiant heat emitter before it went back on the truck to RIRE.

James was going to reseal it for me and do some other work, I paid him to put a removable center divider in it so my baby Tegu that is due to be here 8/15/17 and my year old Tegu are not in contact, besides the baby needs to stay in a 40 gal breeder tank while getting established. The breeder cage was going to go on one side and my year old boy on the other until my baby was safe with him. The enclosure would provide heat basking heat lamp and UVB to the breeder tank while it is placed in the sectioned off part of the enclosure.

We also agreed on a price for sliding doors and a 12" stand for the enclosure, replacing the radiant heat emitter and the light fixtures Eric stole, some other little stuff I cant remember, I paid him in four payments.
I live in California. The enclosure was purchased on 3/20/2017 and shipped on or about the date of the last payment 5/20/17.

Several attempts to deliver my enclosure to me were claimed, by the shipper. I was here for each and every one, they never came. Excuses were they couldn't fit the truck down my street and there was construction going on. We are in a high fire area, remember the Oakland hills firestorm in 1991, we weren't burned but we were evacuated and since then every day the Oakland fire dept drives its ladder truck down our street to remind people to not block the street, they will stop and have cars towed if they are blocking the street so there is no damn way this delivery truck couldn't get down my street and I took each day off work each day delivery was promised and hovered by the front windows waiting for something that could deliver my enclosure to show up, it never did.

Now i'm permanently out the money i lost by taking off work to be here for delivery that never happened and so far i'm out the money for the enclosure. I've commissioned another builder to build me an enclosure, its going to be twice as expensive and almost exactly the same, not as tall, no radiant heat emitters no stand and not ready in time let alone delivered in time.
James said he refunded me all of my money back to my credit card, well the bank hasn't received any of it.

July 5, 2017 James first promised to refund me, never got around to it. Same thing everyday after that until he told me he did refund me via email, he blocked me on his phone so July 7 was the last text communication I had with him that way, then he said to dispute the charges if I hadn't received my refund, I did, that was July 18, 2017 . James said he wasn't going to fight my dispute, but Friday I received a letter stating that, that is exactly what he did. I don't want to think the worst of people, James really seemed like a good guy or i'm just a big giant sucker to be stomped on.

I just want my refund, I'm not asking for lost wages for all these make believe delivery attempts where I had to take off of work to receive the enclosure. I still want to believe James isn't scamming me but everybody else that reads the emails and texts between us says i'm a sucker.

I hadn't heard from James at all since July 20, 2017 when he last emailed me and said "So at this point there is nothing else I can do for this situation".
Just return my funds, send the money paypal or instant transfer and Ill stop the dispute. Square never returned any of my money as was claimed.
 
Old 08-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #53
Rhode Island Reptiles
This was an unfortunate situation and there was a delivery issues as stated, once we reached a point of non delivery or even the possibility I issued a refund immediately as I did explain and email.
I also kept in communication up until the point were I was informed by customer that she had requested a charge back via her credit card issuer, ontop of the refund there is not much I can do at that point..We do not directly handle credit cards, however once a third party requests a charge back its then out of my hands, meaning there is nothing I can physically do to stop it, the issuing bank releases the funds to customer, so the lack of communication was only because to my understanding the transaction had been completed, having heard nothing to contradict that, that was a safe mindset to have.
however it was not until today did I find out otherwise. I immediately contacted the customer and will continue to work the problem until it is resolved 100%. The customer also has my direct phone and email and always has an open line of communication if need be. Whenever there is an issue regardless of the situation our customers will never lose their money if there is an error on my part. Simple as that.
 
Old 08-06-2017, 10:56 PM   #54
senusenu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Island Reptiles View Post
This was an unfortunate situation and there was a delivery issues as stated, once we reached a point of non delivery or even the possibility I issued a refund immediately as I did explain and email.
I also kept in communication up until the point were I was informed by customer that she had requested a charge back via her credit card issuer, ontop of the refund there is not much I can do at that point..We do not directly handle credit cards, however once a third party requests a charge back its then out of my hands, meaning there is nothing I can physically do to stop it, the issuing bank releases the funds to customer, so the lack of communication was only because to my understanding the transaction had been completed, having heard nothing to contradict that, that was a safe mindset to have.
however it was not until today did I find out otherwise. I immediately contacted the customer and will continue to work the problem until it is resolved 100%. The customer also has my direct phone and email and always has an open line of communication if need be. Whenever there is an issue regardless of the situation our customers will never lose their money if there is an error on my part. Simple as that.
Can you provide proof that a refund was issued? Third party or not, there will be some kind of receipt for a refunded transaction. Or a bank statement showing the refunded funds withdrawn from your account. There will be a record of this somewhere.

If you do have proof of a refund, and the customer has proof they did NOT receive it, then you need to speak to your "third party" who handles the transactions and find out why they took money from you and did not return it to the customer.
 
Old 08-06-2017, 10:58 PM   #55
TBadSeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by senusenu View Post
Can you provide proof that a refund was issued? Third party or not, there will be some kind of receipt for a refunded transaction. Or a bank statement showing the refunded funds withdrawn from your account. There will be a record of this somewhere.

If you do have proof of a refund, and the customer has proof they did NOT receive it, then you need to speak to your "third party" who handles the transactions and find out why they took money from you and did not return it to the customer.
Where is the "LIKE" button
 
Old 08-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #56
Rhode Island Reptiles
Everything was screenshot and emailed to customer. Including the disputed transactions. We will work the problem and go from there. I will not be able to post transaction screenshots due to pci compliance issues. However we are in communication and working the problem.
When a resolution has been made I'll update this thread accordingly. Thanks to everyone for having such compassion in the reptile community, it's truely refreshing to see. Have a good night.
 
Old 08-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #57
TBadSeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Island Reptiles View Post
Everything was screenshot and emailed to customer. Including the disputed transactions. We will work the problem and go from there. I will not be able to post transaction screenshots due to pci compliance issues. However we are in communication and working the problem.
When a resolution has been made I'll update this thread accordingly. Thanks to everyone for having such compassion in the reptile community, it's truly refreshing to see. Have a good night.
Well that's not true, The first "Request for Refund" was screenshot and sent to me, then a message saying balance to follow Monday, I never received a screenshot of the balance refunded, I requested it several times since my bank said that even before a refund is issued , when it has been run they get that information as pending but it wont post to me until it posts with them, however when they get the pending refund info they also post that it is pending so i know something is happening. In this case nothing has been pending ever, nothing has been refunded ever, and I only received one screenshot stating a refund not a refund in full but part of a refund had been requested.
 
Old 08-06-2017, 11:57 PM   #58
Rhode Island Reptiles
Please check your email dates July 7, that shows the disputed amounts per your bank that I received
And again 7/7 with the screenshot of the refund that I requested, in addition the balance was also processed during the same weekend ahead of schedule which I emailed you an update of not having to wait for the $100.00 and that they would all go through at the same time.
Again, I'm not going to post any of this info on a public forum but would be happy to send them again if you needed me to.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 12:14 AM   #59
TBadSeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhode Island Reptiles View Post
Please check your email dates July 7, that shows the disputed amounts per your bank that I received
And again 7/7 with the screenshot of the refund that I requested, in addition the balance was also processed during the same weekend ahead of schedule which I emailed you an update of not having to wait for the $100.00 and that they would all go through at the same time.
Again, I'm not going to post any of this info on a public forum but would be happy to send them again if you needed me to.
I have everything, I double checked amounts and dates before typing this out. The amount to be returned the following Monday was not $100.00 it was more. and when you finally answered via email not SS of refund requested that you sent it the same evening as you sent the first amount, you also said you added some to it to try to make up for all the problems. But only one SS or a return requested and it doesn't even matter, Square never returned any money, never even told the bank they were going to. its been a month not a week or two.
I will never do business with anybody that uses square ever again, they are impossible to get a hold of and don't respond to emails, square is all about square.
We agree this is a messed up situation, ball is in your park to fix it, ive been working on it to get taken care of but have hit an impasse, my copies of our emails and texts will be sent to the bank to continue the dispute unless you can make it right before that.
 
Old 08-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #60
Rhode Island Reptiles
I couldnf agree more and will fix it.
Have a great evening. Talk to you soon.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UPDATE: Rhode Island Reptile Ban Tabled USARK.Jonathan.Brady General Legislative Discussions 0 02-19-2012 12:10 PM
Stop Rhode Island Reptile Ban EricWI General Legislative Discussions 0 01-31-2012 06:19 AM
Rhode Island Skiploder General Legislative Discussions 4 01-26-2012 10:52 AM
[For Sale] Reptile Vision cage 48" wide - 28" deep - 28" high $190.00 PU only Rhode Island iiicroweiii Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted 0 12-17-2011 10:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.




Ebates Coupons and Cash Back



TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.06373906 seconds with 11 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2014, FaunaClassifieds, LLC