Shannon Brown owes me $1150 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
xrayeric1993
Shannon Brown owes me $1150

Shannon Brown owes me $1150 and has not paid up. I really hate putting this on the Boi, but I have had several people contact me with the same situation. I had no idea that this would happen when dealing with him. Therefore I feel that I must let everyone else know of this situation. Please read the following correspondence between us. Again I'm sorry it came to this and I'm in the process of filing a complaint with my credit card company. Shannon Brown <zonata@highsierrareptiles.com> wrote: Eric,
My girlfriend said you sent her a e-mail.No biggie.You aren't bugging me at all I was just about to contact you infact.I just hatched out my last clutch clutch.I got two ghosts and neither one is a complete vanishing pattern?
One is a female and is pretty normal and the other is a male and is really nice.He is leaning towards vanishing but isn't a vanishing?he is very light and his bands are very narrow on top and then taper down on the sides.
He wouldn't be $2k like a full blown vanishing but he wouln't be $500.00-800.00either?like I see some of these wide banded ugle ghosts going for.
You just let me know what you want to do.
I have five eggs that are just a few days away that should produce killer vanishing pattern hypos that are het for anery (ghost).They were laid on the 1st of august so should hatch by the 5th of oct.
Shannon
----- Original Message -----
To: Shannon Brown
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: vanishing ghost

I would rather wait for a near patternless ghost, I already have a medium grade vanishing male.

Shannon Brown <zonata@highsierrareptiles.com> wrote: o.k. thats understandable.So did you still want the females and did you want to roll the order over till next year on the male or did you want your deposit back.
Shannon
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:32 AM

For now I would rather get the deposit back.

Shannon Brown <zonata@highsierrareptiles.com> wrote: will do,
shannon
----- OriginaFrom: ERIC PFEIFFER
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 1:36 PM

Shannon, I have not received my $1150 deposit in the mail yet. If you have not sent it, please paypal it to xrayeric1993@yahoo.com asap. If you have sent it please email me back with the date on which you sent it. Thanks.
October 10, 2005
Eric,
I will get you that refund a.s.a.p/
I have just returned from a trip.Sorry,
Shannon
And that is the last time that I heard from him. I have had two other well known names in the industry contact me with similar situations.

Eric Pfeiffer

Old 10-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
Laura Fopiano
Okay Eric, from what I've read you sent a deposit, or paid for a ghost ball python??

I'm trying to understand the time line from the money being sent, to your post here on the BOI. Can you clarify some things. When did the initial contact take place, an add, a show, or here? How was the transaction payed for, paypal, money order, cash, wire transfer or other?

I admire the fact that you saved some emails, but more info need to be added, also did you contact the other person and make them aware of this thread?? Thanx in advance.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Cox
Okay Eric, from what I've read you sent a deposit, or paid for a ghost ball python??

I'm trying to understand the time line from the money being sent, to your post here on the BOI. Can you clarify some things. When did the initial contact take place, an add, a show, or here? How was the transaction payed for, paypal, money order, cash, wire transfer or other?

I admire the fact that you saved some emails, but more info need to be added, also did you contact the other person and make them aware of this thread?? Thanx in advance.
Laura,
Pretty sure Shannon Brown is a colubrid guy, milksnakes and such, not Ball Pythons.

The rest of your post was pretty much right on, the additional info would go a long way towards answereing the standard questions that are associated with BOI "bad guy" posts.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #4
xrayeric1993
refund

I originally put a deposit down one year ago for 1.0 patternless ghost honduran, .2 patternless hypo het anery hondurans , and 1.1 louisiana pines.
As anyone can read on his website, you will get your refund in full only if Shannon does not produce the animals. Shannon stated in his correspondence with me that infact he had not produced the patternless ghost male. He then agreed to refund my money in full.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
South Dixie Dragons
Eric,

post his website address...are we assuming that you attempted to purchase these animal through his website and not an ad? Also did you contact him about this thread?

Old 10-19-2005, 05:19 PM   #6
xrayeric1993
Refund

Sorry, I forgot to add that I contacted him by phone. Also $650 was from paypal transfer and $500 was in the form of an money order. Another thing bothers me now, but I did'nt think about it at the time of deposit. His paypal account is through his girlfreind Amanda Granodo instead of his name. That probably should have raised a red flag, but I thought he was trustworthy. My credit card company will be pursing the $650 I sent through paypal and the federal government will pursue him for the remainder because I sent Shannon a postal M.O. As the lady at the post office told me, this is also considered mail fraud and criminal charges can be brought up against him. On a side note, I emailed and called both of his phones to give him until tonight before I drop the paperwork in the mail to process my claims. I would really like to work it out between us. But I could really use the money (as I'm sure everyone could) and I feel that I have given him enough time to paypal me the money. Even if he did not have the money, Shannon could be honest with me and either set up a payment plan or offer up other animals ( although Ireally don't want any other snakes).

Old 10-19-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayeric1993
Another thing bothers me now, but I did'nt think about it at the time of deposit. His paypal account is through his girlfreind Amanda Granodo instead of his name. That probably should have raised a red flag, but I thought he was trustworthy.
He very well could still be that same trust worthy person you believed him to be. He has not responded on this thread just yet. Perhaps their is a circumstance beyond his control that is keeping him from refunding what he owes you. Lets stay optimistic its a simple case such as this and all work itself out.

What I'm trying to say is .....don't gear your brain into thinking this is fraud...because when he does show up you might not be as open to his explanation being all pumped up. And pumped all you'll be after reading the numerous replies to this thread you created...no doubt.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #8
xrayeric1993
Refund

I would like to agree with you on that, but he has had over twenty days to paypal me the money and he made a promise to refund it promply.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #9
Cat_72
Not saying that it's right by any means that you haven't received your money, but for some folks, it's not always an easy thing to come up with over $1000 in a short time. No, he shouldn't have spent the money until he had your snakes "in hand" so to speak, but we all know how that goes, unfortunately.

Did you ask him about setting up a payment plan? YOU shouldn't have to deal with that, but if it would get you your money back......?

Old 10-19-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
xrayeric1993
refund

If he did'nt have the money , it is his responsibility to ask me for a payment plan, not mine. Although I would have been happy with that. At the urging of some of Shannon's friends and because up to this point he has been great to deal with, I will not be sending out the appropriate paperwork until Monday. I will post more as the situation progresses. I really would like to see Shannon have a reasonable explanation at why I have not received the money and save his good name. But if you look at the timelines on the emails that we exchanged, I'm sure that you could see my concerns.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!