Terry Scott Of Scottsserpents.com Bad Business Man Owes Me $420.00. Warning!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Mattsgecko
Thumbs down Terry Scott Of Scottsserpents.com Bad Business Man Owes Me $420.00. Warning!!!!!!

I have also had an equally bad experience with Terry Scott of scottserpents. On 2/2/06 I sent Terry 1 albino burmese python. 1.1 african rock pythons, and 6 kenyan sand boas for 420 bucks shipped. He said that he was in bad need of them so I sent them COD. I told him that I would only accept a Money Order and he said no problem. He lied and sent me a a check. This guy stopped payment on the check the day he sent it before he even got the animals. Check bounced a mile high.Long story real short I contacted him and he said he would send me another and never did. I have tried to call him a million times and he hangs up on me everytime. I have also sent him a couple of emails.
EXAMPLE EMAIL THAT I SENT
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:01:07 -0800 (PST)
From: "Matt White" <mattsgeckos@yahoo.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Matt White Returned Animals. ATTENTION. IMPORTANT INFORMATION ATTACHED
To: scott@scottsserpents.com

Terry Scott,
My attorney has contacted you and you have not
complied with our verbal agreement of sending the
animals back. I will be forced to sue you. You WILL
BE being charged with Theft by check and Fraud by
Check. Both of these are felonies since the price of
the animals exceeds $250.00. What this means is that
I can place a lien on your house car, or property. If
your parents still claim you I can place a lien on
their property. A lien is a binding contract you can
not get out of. Once a lien is on your credit score
you cannot buy anything that involves credit like a
car, house, cell phone, credit card, electricity, etc.
until the lien is paid. This also hurts your credit
score severely. Another thing is that Anna Marie Cova
will also be sued with a felony charge because the
check is in her name. FELONIES DO NOT LEAVE YOUR
CRIMINAL RECORD. You will have to place a check mark
by "Have you ever committed a felony" every time you
fill out an application. Once I sue you, the cost to
you will greatly increase, you will be responsible for
all court costs including but not limiting the price
of my airline ticket to California, hotel costs, and
attorney fees. The $420 that you owe me will increase
to well over $1,000. Then after getting my animals I
will demand a 35% restocking fee. If you do not pay
the restocking fee then you will be sued again.
RETURN THE ANIMALS I SENT YOU OR PAY THE $420 YOU OWE
ME. YOU HAVE TILL SUNDAY NIGHT 4/02/06 TO REPLY. I
AM VERY WILLING TO PERSUE THIS IN COURT. CALL ME.
SINCERELY,
MATT WHITE
VMWREPTILES.COM
706-888-6287

Matt White
VMWREPTILES
706-888-6287

I have it going through the court system right now. He is being charged with theft by check and theft by deception both of wich are felonies in California. The charges should hit him any day now. For all non believers I have evidence. A falty check and a COD tracking number to his address.
Through USPS – M459490704.
TERRY SCOTT
2301 north Niagra
Apt 201
Burbanks CA 91504
I will get payment though I might take a while.
O well. You learn from your mistakes I guess.
Thanks.
Matt White
VMWreptiles
Call me if you want.
706-888-6287
I am in Mexico right now get back on the 29th.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:55 PM   #2
RJBILBY
Usps???

You have a tracking number for sending him snakes through USPS???
Do you know thats a federal violation also??????????????????????????

Old 07-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
DeadIrishD
That sucks, that I had missed out on that deal.
sucks even worse that I missed it and a scammer got it.
sorry to hear about the bad news bro.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
pfan151
Why would you ever send anything C.O.D? You are asking to get scammed. Even though paypal is not perfect it is better than C.O.D. With paypal you could have had your money immediatly and this would have never happened. And USPS is a bad idea for many reasons.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #5
Mattsgecko
The point of this is not to be told not to ship through USPS, and not to send anything COD. The point, that you are missing, is that I am warning people of this low life scum who steals money. Post comments on him stealing !!!!!!STEALING¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ money not me messing up by sending it via USPS. Just to make this clear he sent me a check when he said that he would send a MO and then he put a stop payment the day He sent the check to me. This is a bad guy to do business with. He is scum. POINT!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡
:eatpointe

Old 07-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
ms_terese
This should probably be part of his other thread, but oh well.

I agree that he needs to pay you.

Be prepared for him to present the information to the USPS, though, and be prepared to deal with your own consequences of that action. It's not pretty. In § 124.211 b of the Domestic Mail Manual all snakes are specifically prohibited from being sent through the mails, and they will prosecute you for doing so.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:31 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Another thing is that Anna Marie Cova
will also be sued with a felony charge because the
check is in her name. FELONIES DO NOT LEAVE YOUR
CRIMINAL RECORD. You will have to place a check mark
by "Have you ever committed a felony" every time you
fill out an application.
Matt,

Thanks for letting us know about this person. We understand he has scammed you and you have probably helped others with your post. But the problem is that you are basing your argument on him committing a felony. The problem is that you have too and as Therese stated if you follow through with your lawyer, USPS, etc. You will end up in trouble together with him. Shipping snakes through the USPS is also a felony! Again, thanks for letting us know, but if you insist in stirring the hornets' nest you will get stung yourself badly.

Regards.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
Sorry Terese and not Therese!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #9
RJBILBY
Scam

And the fact that Scott (or whatever name it is now) is a scammer is well established in another very long forum...

Old 07-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #10
Mattsgecko
I really DO NOT care if I get that money. I just DO NOT want the same thing to happen to you guys. So please thank me for the warning and please stop telling me what I have done wrong. I GOT IT. STOP. THANKS.
DO NOT kill the subject of illegal shipping or anything else. This a warning. THANKS.
AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO POST UNLESS IT IS TO COMMENT ON HIS WRONG DOINGS: THANKS.
TO CLARIFY A CRAP LOAD:
I KNOW THAT HE ALREADY HAS A POST BUT THIS IS CONCERNING A DIFFERENT INCIDENT. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW.
I KNOW THAT SHIPPING VIA USPS IS A FELONY THAT IS WHY HE WANTED ME TO SHIP IT THROUGH THEM.
I WOULD BE HAPPY WITH GETTING INTO TROUBLE IF HE ALSO GETS INTO TROUBLE.
THIS IS A WARNING TO TELL OTHER HERPERS TO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS JERK.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!