Bad Guy 1-410-834-2924 scammer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
yeloowtang
1-410-834-2924 scammer

Hey all, wasn't sure if I should bother posting it, but with all the latest ones trying to scam.. this one was a little new to me..

where's as most of us know by now to watch out !!!!

this scammer replied to an add that I have in Canada using this cell # 1-410-834-2924 that I tracked in the USA (Maryland) he wanted to pay and have the group of snakes sent to Newfoundland in Canada.
he first claims he was away for work in the U.S.A so the cell story held so far.
(mind you, I suspected a scam from the start but I just played with it)

where this one is new to me is the payment method ?? he absolutely insisted on paying via paypal.. and using a legit shipping company called USHIP.
I asked that he send it EMT but said he didn't trust that and got burned in the past..
after questioning who would accept the snakes since he's away (said his mom) and asked for his address so I could get a quote from reptiles express (never got that from him)

things were confirmed when payment time was up. now all of a sudden he had trouble.
1-first said the company quoted him 400$ (told him again I can get better)and he didn't have my address to get the quote, but maybe figured it out from the add, at least the near by area. what I did picked a random postal code there and still haven't received a quote.. he must have better contacts than me hahaha

2-he now was at sea without his credit cards.

3-he would send 450$ extra and now will trust me to western union or money gram the 400$ to the company for him :-/
but didn't trust me to EMT funny..

I had initially called paypal to ask what happens if someone pays me with a fake credit card, can the buyer simply do a charge back or any other method to get out of it and I then lose all (they said I would be protected ??). with the ending, I don't think the snakes would have ever been shipped out once the 400$ was sent back LOL as if that would happen

I also contacted and opened an account with USHIP to get a quote going to NL, and on the web, they clearly warn people that they never EVER deal or take payment with western union or money gram.. these are all scams..

where I saw this one coming from the start (replied to the add 5 secs after it was up)
I figured it might be good to at least post the cell# even if he changes it, and the fact they now pay with paypal.... even this has me puzzled since the people at paypal said I would be protected , I don't trust them on that.. maybe the cell # will save someone from getting cheated..

hesitated posting this on the USA BOI but the # originates from the USA so figured he might try on your side more..

I have all the texts on my cell still but have no way to copy them.

did have fun calling him out at the end, oddly, he never replied back

be carefull everyone as ususal..

Old 03-17-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
tlmoon
In one of the other threads, a mod tracked the IP to Nigeria. Sounds like this person is scamming Canadians too....glad he didn't fool you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!