Info LLLReptile should be closed down (BuyerBeware) - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:28 PM   #171
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
If you're agreeing that a visual examination is sufficient to determine if a fracture is present but that an x-ray can determine how severe the fracture is, why would an x-ray be necessary if it was determined visually that there was no fracture to begin with? If the vet was competent enough to notice through normal examination that there was no fracture, why would an honest vet still recommend an x-ray?
People also forget that a broken/fractured bone isn't necessarily separated as in broken directly in two. A bone can also splinter along its length which would be difficult to determine via a visual inspection.

Also your totally ignoring the fact that the x-ray would also tell the extent of any infection in the bone/tissues. As I noted above infections don't always start from the outside in.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:30 PM   #172
Big Borg Reptiles
Let's agree to disagree. It's still not the seller's responsibility to cover costs that the buyer incurred because they wanted to be safe.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:48 PM   #173
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder107 View Post
There is 3 offers right here not one

I said I would be satisfied with a refund of the cost of the animal plus some mite treatment, or this vet bill paid for by your company, or in (store credit for the cost of the vet bill and some mite treatment for him).

there is 3 different offers right here not one whole offer.
In bold, that is exactly what you are getting along with being allowed to keep the snake.
Actually, you are getting more since the snake price + cost of shipping (of in store credit) is more than, solely, the vet bill (of in store credit). Plus, they offered to still send you mite treatment free of charge.
What is the problem? Are you still fighting this over a case of wording? A problem, for you, that they are terming it an in store credit, for snake + shipping, rather than an in store credit for vet fee?

You also mentioned, as something acceptable, the ability to get an animal, of your choosing, within the price range of the snake you purchased. Do you not realize that, with the in store credit, you can do exactly that? You are able to choose an animal, within your/the stated price range, and purchase it with the in store credit. Where is the problem?

What you will not get is a cash refund without returning the snake.

Perhaps that is where the problem lies. There really aren't a few different possible resolutions in your mind (regardless of what you put in writing). There is only One that you will find acceptable.

Although you are getting something, that is within one of your offered/acceptable resolutions, it is still a problem because, in actuality, Only a cash refund (and keeping the snake) will do for you.
Otherwise, I do not understand why you are being so irrational &/or argumentative.

You need to accept the fact that you are not going to get a cash refund, without returning the snake, and should be thanking your lucky stars that you did not purchase the snake from someone who would have blown you off. <smh>

Old 02-08-2016, 07:57 PM   #174
BillZ
Take the damn credit and sell it and be done with it.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #175
Pasodama
BTW You are incorrect about "big breeders".
Even the big breeders, &/or "best in the business", have made mistakes where they needed to work something out, to rectify the problem, with their customer/s.
Everyone is human and, thus, capable of making a mistake.
If a mistake should occur, what is most meaningful is how they deal with the problem.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #176
LauraB
Face it, people of logic and reason. There are just some people who cannot be dealt with, even when given fair and satisfactory recourse.

I do see a minor problem with the snake's mouth. I would not call it life-threatening, but good you had it checked out, William. Take the credit offered to you, take care of your snake and move on. Hopefully you have quarantined that snake and already treated for the alleged mites ... for the sake of the health of the snake, since it's not healthy enough to return.

And, no, I have never purchased live animals from LLL. However, you have been offered a fair resolution. You've admitted to previous purchases from LLL. Their TOS should not be a surprise to you. Take the credit and whatever else is offered. Move on, man.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:09 AM   #177
sidewinder107
I will say this guys and call it a day.Some of my offers may have sounded unreasonable,but they are just that offers.But if you dont push a little with any business you will not get any where with them and I did just that. Some of you may think I am being a hard customer to deal with here, and that's your right. Some people may even look at my emails and think i am being a little hard and unreasonable with lll and maybe over reacting with the animal. But at the end of the day, they did do me wrong and i stood up for it.If more people would do that it might change how this business deals with live orders. Yes they are a business, and yes live animals happens to be one of their products. But lets not forget what these products are. I do understand mistakes happen, but in my own opinon this was one of those mistakes that was just to big to be over looked. But for some of you to understand that, you would just have to be in my shoes and see the condition of the animal for your self.Everyone has gave me their advice on what they would do and i have listened and justified and I will say it again.This anmimal was and still is in no condition to ship back to them for a full refund. The momment this animal showed up on my door step it become my problem and i took responcability. Yes i could have cared for him my self, I could have even shipped him back, but i went out of my way to make sure it got the care it needed. I do not have a x-ray machine in my living room. And yes i do think that snake needed a x-ray of its jaw and yes the snake has got mouth rot and mites. I dont need any internet vets to tell me that. But i will say this, maybe it was over looked at lllreptile, but then again maybe not. I guess the stress of shipping him could have made the situation worse,that's a possibillty not to rule out. Maybe i did go a little far in my last email with them. But they did make me a settlement offer and as you can see i said i would accepted it. Never once have i been unreasonable with lllreptile. Yes their TOS has no cash back stated right on their website and they dont pay vet bills.But as you can see i did not offer just cash settlement offers. The problem i was having at first was getting enough in store credit to even cover the price of the animal and shipping i paid for him. Which I think is very reasonable considering the situation the animal arrived to me in. If some of you dont think so, well thats your right.But if the tables where turned you might have a different attitude about it. What i ordered
was a guranteed healthy animal. What I got was a unhealthy sick animal that needs treatment and care.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:38 AM   #178
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder107 View Post
I will say this guys and call it a day.Some of my offers may have sounded unreasonable,but they are just that offers.But if you dont push a little with any business you will not get any where with them and I did just that. Some of you may think I am being a hard customer to deal with here, and that's your right. Some people may even look at my emails and think i am being a little hard and unreasonable with lll and maybe over reacting with the animal. But at the end of the day, they did do me wrong and i stood up for it.If more people would do that it might change how this business deals with live orders. Yes they are a business, and yes live animals happens to be one of their products. But lets not forget what these products are. I do understand mistakes happen, but in my own opinon this was one of those mistakes that was just to big to be over looked. But for some of you to understand that, you would just have to be in my shoes and see the condition of the animal for your self.Everyone has gave me their advice on what they would do and i have listened and justified and I will say it again.This anmimal was and still is in no condition to ship back to them for a full refund. The momment this animal showed up on my door step it become my problem and i took responcability. Yes i could have cared for him my self, I could have even shipped him back, but i went out of my way to make sure it got the care it needed. I do not have a x-ray machine in my living room. And yes i do think that snake needed a x-ray of its jaw and yes the snake has got mouth rot and mites. I dont need any internet vets to tell me that. But i will say this, maybe it was over looked at lllreptile, but then again maybe not. I guess the stress of shipping him could have made the situation worse,that's a possibillty not to rule out. Maybe i did go a little far in my last email with them. But they did make me a settlement offer and as you can see i said i would accepted it. Never once have i been unreasonable with lllreptile. Yes their TOS has no cash back stated right on their website and they dont pay vet bills.But as you can see i did not offer just cash settlement offers. The problem i was having at first was getting enough in store credit to even cover the price of the animal and shipping i paid for him. Which I think is very reasonable considering the situation the animal arrived to me in. If some of you dont think so, well thats your right.But if the tables where turned you might have a different attitude about it. What i ordered
was a guranteed healthy animal. What I got was a unhealthy sick animal that needs treatment and care.
After ALL of this, you still cannot bring yourself to see that the people here were trying to HELP you.
You are what I call a "Right-Fighter", you would rather be "Right" than "Successful". I my experience people who hold that opinion are unreasonable.
You came here looking to lynch LLL, to "Shut Them Down" to use your own words, and it has become apparent that everyone agreeing with you and collectively putting LLL out of business would be the only thing that would truly make you happy.
You are STILL unable to accept that EVERY person on this forum disagrees with you, as expvidenced by your above statement that we would understand if we were in your shoes. Despite the fact that at least one person relayed to you that she HAD been in a similar (if not worse) situation and STILL thought you were wrong.
You have earned that little red box under your name. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if when this is over you have more of them, but that is neither here nor there.
If I were you, and please listen because I really mean this: If my opinion was SO unpopular that an entire forum of people who had no dog in the race told me I was wrong, I would do some serious soul searching to see where I had gone astray. Seriously, you need to take a time out and do some honest reflection. Who knows, it MIGHT go a long way to improving your life.

Sincerely,
~Beau

Old 02-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #179
Docglock
sometimes maturity is knowing when to realize that you *may* have been wrong, no matter how slighted you may feel.

call this a life lesson and be glad it was only a few hundred dollars and move on. trust me, you'll have many more "unjust", more expensive life lessons in the future.

just ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, really...it this the hill you want to die on? if it is, you need to re-examine your priorities.

best of luck.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #180
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docglock View Post
sometimes maturity is knowing when to realize that you *may* have been wrong, no matter how slighted you may feel.

call this a life lesson and be glad it was only a few hundred dollars and move on. trust me, you'll have many more "unjust", more expensive life lessons in the future.

just ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, really...it this the hill you want to die on? if it is, you need to re-examine your priorities.

best of luck.
How was she wrong?
~Beau

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!