Updates to the infraction system - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #21
SirenSanJose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Sounds like a reasonable answer. thanks M
Yes, that appears to be the case. Ed, I just viewed your profile, since I'm a normal user, and did not see an "infractions" tab on it.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #22
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheideman View Post
Yes, that appears to be the case. Ed, I just viewed your profile, since I'm a normal user, and did not see an "infractions" tab on it.
I was starting to think I was the only 1 with infractions on the site.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #23
crotalusadamanteus
Don't worry, I got one too people.

Although, I did manage to let mine expire.

Just follow the rules, and there won't be any need to cry about a warning or how long it lasts.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #24
WebSlave
Bear in mind, guys, that an infraction is just a warning, not a penalty. It is a warning that if you continue on the path you are traveling, then a REAL penalty is in your future here.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #25
vapres9686
Wow, I received an infraction because I informed others that the item a member was selling they could obtain for free through Sprint directly.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #26
Focal
Was it your ad? If not, then it wasn't your place to say anything.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #27
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapres9686 View Post
Wow, I received an infraction because I informed others that the item a member was selling they could obtain for free through Sprint directly.
You were given THIS infraction:
Quote:
Disruptive posting in classified ad
for THIS comment you placed:
Quote:
WOW, Sprint is giving that same phone away for FREE. So why would you want $185 for it, come on have some respect for others. What happened to being FAIR?
in THIS ad:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru....php?p=1171093
Quote:
Sanyo Zio Brand new Sealed Xmas Deal
It appears that the facts support the actions of my moderator.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #28
vapres9686
I did not cause separation or division into parts or rioting behavior so how was I disruptive? I have the freedom of speech (with respect to others) and the right to inform my peers of other options. This is America, where freedom of speech (with respect of others), is guaranteed by law and constitution. United States laws override ANY and ALL administrative enities; demonstrated here. If a friend or family member of yours wanted to purchase something at Walmart and Kmart offered it cheaper would you not inform them Kmart offer the same product cheaper? Should you receive disciplinary action because you informed others of such? I DID NOT tell others not to buy from seller, I only gave them other options. So, tell me how that was wrong? I can almost guarantee everyone either have done, will do, or agree with me on that.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #29
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

Although I'm not the one that gave you the infraction let me help you out.

The ad specifically states that sprint charges "New from Sprint without contract is 349.99."

Looking at Sprint's website that is correct. Yes they are offering the phone for free if "Requires new line or eligible upgrade with a 2-yr contract"

But there value put on the item without contract is 349.00 and that is what they will sell it to you at.

Sprint doesn't own this phone. The author of the ad does and he is offering it at 189.00. It's his property and he didn't post anything deceptive. He is offering it lower than the price put on it by sprint.

Even if he was offering it at more, it's his property and can offer it at whatever price he wants.

Your interruption of his ad didn't mention the fact that he was offering the phone for less that what sprint would sell it to you for under the exact same conditions. With no new line activation or if you are a qualified up-grader with an contract of an additional two years. No, you just stated you can get this phone for free, so why buy from his ad. Actually, his ad is more factual than your comment of, "you can get this for free".

All that aside, You disrupted the seller's ad for no reason but to tell people
not to buy from him. That is disruptive to the sellers ad here. Disruption for that purpose isn't allowed. If you have a problem with the seller you can bring it to the BOI. We provide that forum for feedback. I can assure you tho that it will not be well received there simply because you disagree with the seller's price.

What is allowed in the classifieds is to post a link to a BOI thread if one chooses. Feel free to start a thread there and post a link on his ad.

BOI http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

I think you would regret it on this issue. It really isn't your business what he sells his property at and what someone is willing to pay for it. Coupled with the fact that he isn't asking something unreasonable for an item that has a lot higher value put on it by the company that sells it.

It isn't our responsibility to help someone find the best deal. Nor is it yours, at least not here.

He isn't stealing or misrepresenting anything with his ad. He is selling his property at the price he would like to receive for it. You just don't like the price and it really isn't any of your business. It's up to the buyer to research and decide.

If you would like to refrain from receiving more infractions I would recommend to stay off peoples ads if you plan on chastising sellers for their price.

If not, don't whine about receiving infractions points.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:17 PM   #30
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I did not cause separation or division into parts or rioting behavior so how was I disruptive? I have the freedom of speech (with respect to others) and the right to inform my peers of other options. This is America, where freedom of speech (with respect of others), is guaranteed by law and constitution. United States laws override ANY and ALL administrative enities; demonstrated here. If a friend or family member of yours wanted to purchase something at Walmart and Kmart offered it cheaper would you not inform them Kmart offer the same product cheaper? Should you receive disciplinary action because you informed others of such? I DID NOT tell others not to buy from seller, I only gave them other options. So, tell me how that was wrong? I can almost guarantee everyone either have done, will do, or agree with me on that.

Your speech here is limited by the rules. You are standing on private property.
Are you that dense? Your freedom to speak here is a privilege not a right.

Quote:
This is America, where freedom of speech (with respect of others), is guaranteed by law and constitution. United States laws override ANY and ALL administrative enities;
No, this is fauna, a website and privately owned and if you can't follow the rules you will not participate here. Got it?

Quote:
I DID NOT tell others not to buy from seller, I only gave them other options. So, tell me how that was wrong? I can almost guarantee everyone either have done, will do, or agree with me on that.

It's not your place to post in someone's ad that their price isn't up to your standards. Offer your own ad up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!