Closeup shots of a flower - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
WebSlave
Closeup shots of a flower

This is some tropical flower Connie has out near the buildings. I used the 60mm closeup lens on the Nikon D850, and then cropped the image to 1:1 to show the detail zoomed WAY in.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
bcr229
Purty!

Old 05-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #3
WebSlave
This was taken from a native JPG file from the camera. I have dual memory cards in the camera, and have it set to capture the image in RAW (NEF) format to one card, and JPG to the other. The photo program I use doesn't recognize the RAW file format, and honestly I only purchased Adobe Lightroom very recently and am still very wet behind the ears using that program. But I think there is a whole lot more detail to be squeezed out of those RAW files.

The camera also can save images in TIF format, which produces very large files but I think the detail would be better there too without that JPG compression that takes place.

But push come to shove, for posting stuff on the internet, or unless I would expect to be cropping way in to an image for some reason, I suppose JPGs will do just fine. I guess it is like getting a new gun and trying to see if you can hit the eye of a squirrel at 100 yards with it. It would be great if it could do that, but in 99 percent of cases, a body shot anywhere will do the job.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!