Interesting dark dinker project I've been working on... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
snowgyre
Interesting dark dinker project I've been working on...

I've been working on this project for the past few years now. The male was an import, bred him to a mojave a few years ago, produced four "normal" daughters. Bred him back to one of his daughters this year, got 3 slugs and two good eggs. Both hatchlings are extremely dark. Not sure what I'm dealing with yet or if it's codominant, recessive, or just a fluke, but I'm liking the project so far.

Photo of three snakes is import Dad on top, two of his four daughters below. The female on the bottom right was the dam to the clutch of two eggs. The hatchlings from that two egg clutch is in the second photo. He's breeding his other three daughters now so I'm hoping for some more eggs this year.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Oh the good ol' days. Gooooood job taking the time and having the patience to see a project through. Maybe you will hit another world's first of something again. Good luck Vanessa!

Old 10-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #3
snowgyre
Haha, yeah, it's hard trying to figure out these projects. I'm thinking about pairing these girls to something dark once they're mature, like blackhead, chocolate, or cinnamon. I was really surprised how dark the F2s came out, I was expecting more stripes honestly.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
Dro B
What was he bred to that made the two older daughters? They look funky on thier own but the younger two look like a non-striped version of the sire.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
snowgyre
Mike, he was bred to a mojave female. The lock that produced the clutch of daughters is in the photo below. She was a high gold "dirty" mojave. She did produce one strange daughter in her previous clutch, also photographed below, but I no longer have her or her daughter. There could be something going on, but for now I'm working under the assumption I'm working with just the one oddity, not two. I guess we'll see! I do still have her mojave fire possible het ghost daughter, but she looks pretty typical.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
David Reid
I like em.....

Dave

Old 12-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #7
snowgyre
Hey David, thanks! I still have those 1.2 dinkers I purchased from you a couple of years ago from your striped imports. The females may be big enough to go this year but just barely so, it's more likely they'll go next year. I'll let you know what I hatch out.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:27 AM   #8
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Hey David, thanks! I still have those 1.2 dinkers I purchased from you a couple of years ago from your striped imports. The females may be big enough to go this year but just barely so, it's more likely they'll go next year. I'll let you know what I hatch out.
You should post more dinker projects if you have em! I love seeing what people are working on. I've got a few if you want to see them. I'm also curious if you ever bred any of the offspring from your calico x calico dinker clutch?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!