Bad Guy California Zoological Supply - Horrible Scam. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #51
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbergman30 View Post
You guys are a bunch of idiots. … go send your snakes zoocal and whoever else you want and let them all pay you tomorrow real intelligent I'm sure that will all work out great for you. BTW, if you really think that trusting someone with your money is such a good idea your also a moron
Did you seriously jus call yourself a moron?

Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #52
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
Did you seriously jus call yourself a moron?
Can one get an infraction if they call them self's a name? I still wonder what op's real reason for starting this thread. I'm assuming he is upset he couldn't get instant cash.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #53
ronritzer
Likely an individual who had an animal for sale but cal zoo wasnt interested in they got angry

Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #54
hhmoore
I'm rather disappointed that the OP hasn't bothered to log in (at least with this account) since the day he initiated this thread.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #55
atheris978
Over the years we have sold a good number of animals to Ty at Cal Zoo ( In person and shipped ). He was always pleasant and his checks always cleared. It's been a while since we have sold to him, but I don't see why he would have changed so drastically.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #56
NUCCIZ_BOAS
I have done deals with Ty and had very pleasant experiences. It worked the same as you say, they send a prepaid label, and pay for the animals after they receive and confirm health. Ty paid me as promised and I have nothing bad to say about the transaction.

In regards to the police being involved, I am a police officer. I can tell you the police will not become involved because this is a civil disagreement. If Ty had come to your house and stolen the animals, that qualifies as a theft and they would become involved. However that is not what happened. You guys made a verbal agreement to send the animals and pay later. The "agreement" went bad and is now a disagreement, which is not a police matter. You can still pursue the incident, however it will be through civil court, not through the police.

You will have to hire an attorney and sue Ty via civil court. The police become involved in forceable crimes where something is stolen with intent of being stolen. Your deal was not started as a theft, but rather a deal which became a disagreement, which is not a police matter.

I hope this makes sense? I do not check this forum often, if you have any questions I would be more than happy to try to help, please e-mail me personally at ChiTownConstrictors@yahoo.com

Please do not bash the police anymore for their lack of cooperation. They're only doing their job the way it's supposed to be done. Civil disagreements are not within the job requirements.

Tony

Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #57
Fangthane
Might wanna read the whole thread. Everything points to the extremely likely scenario that there was no transaction at all.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #58
tuff
Cal Zoo

Just want to say I have sold Ty at Cal Zoo several shipments over last few years. I always send the ball pythons first and within a week I always receive a check from Ty for the agreed upon amount. Can't ask for more and happy to do business with them.

John Manser

Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #59
georget2
I also have done business with Cal Zoo and have met Ty at Daytona several times in the years past.I have sold to him personally and shipped animals to him on a few occasions and i can honestly say he can be fully trusted. I always shipped first and the checks arrived promptly and he even sent me an official Cal Zoo shirt,lol. He has been in the business longer than most of us have been alive. I seriously doubt he is the problem here.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:53 PM   #60
kimber anderson
I found the information about differentiating a civil issue from a criminal issue both interesting and useful. I came to this thread looking to buy from / potentially sell to CalZoo. I actually have an order ready to be placed. Enough reputable people have confirmed good transactions, and it seems like a great way to get to get a breeder's excess to other shops without the breeder having to do a lot of running around. I was wondering if it was possible to change the "bad guy thread" icon of the red circle with a question mark or something else since this didn't end up being a legit bad guy thread at all. When I first saw the title of the thread, I thought, "oh great, I knew it was too good to be true." But after reading the entire thread, the content doesn't quite match the title. Thanks either way!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!