Inquiry Has anyone gotten whites tree frogs from Kevin m Goerger - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:40 AM   #1
sienna00
Exclamation Has anyone gotten whites tree frogs from Kevin m Goerger

Hello all. Newbie foggy enthusiast here. I have successfully owned and cared for my GTP's but changed directions and now happily have BP's. I recently fell in love with Whites tree frogs ( I am familiar with their care as its similar to my GTP's) and am now greedily looking into getting a small collection to call my own. my problem is.... that im at lost where to buy CB reliable frogs. I stubbled on KNMGs post but I believe hes connected with underground reptiles which has had well...mixed reviews depending on who you ask. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Snakesatsunset maybe? if not ill go with my gut feelings and order from Joshs Frogs to be safe. I realize this is a long post for such a simple frog but id rather do this here then have vet related bills or disappointment in the future. thanks in advance.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
Hello all. Newbie foggy enthusiast here.
Always nice to have another frog lover around.

Quote:
I have successfully owned and cared for my GTP's but changed directionsand now happily have BP's.
I LOVE and want a GTP, but, I am scared to take the "plunge". Can I ask why you changed direction?

Quote:
I recently fell in love with Whites tree frogs ( I am familiar with their care as its similar to my GTP's)
I have found Litoria caerulea, to be extremely easy to keep. Do you mean GTP's are that easy to keep ? If so, PLEASE, tell me your secrets?!?!

Quote:
and am now greedily looking into getting a small collection to call my own.
I love how you say greedily searching. Since, that is how I feel about getting various species of frogs for my collection too.

Quote:
my problem is.... that im at lost where to buy CB reliable frogs.
Yes, I have noticed, it is not as easy a species to source as years ago. I would recommend Josh's Frog. Have a look at there website:https://www.joshsfrogs.com. This is the section, that, you are probably most interested in:https://www.joshsfrogs.com/animals-f...ree-frogs.html.

Quote:
I stubbled on KNMGs post but I believe hes connected with underground reptiles
I have heard that from various sources. Can I ask why you say that? I am NOT saying you are wrong. But, I have heard VARIOUS explanations for the above statement.

Quote:
which has had well...mixed reviews depending on who you ask.
That is a very diplomatic/polite way to say it.

Quote:
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Snakesatsunset maybe?
I do not know enough about them and or have purchased from them personally. So, unfortunately, I can NOT advise you on them, as a reliable source.

Quote:
if not ill go with my gut feelings and order from Joshs Frogs to be safe.
I have only purchased one specimen from them, many years ago, but, I was very satisfied with it.

Quote:
I realize this is a long post for such a simple frog but id rather do this here then have vet related bills or disappointment in the future. thanks in advance.
Do not worry about it. All posts are good. My post, is way longer then your post.

I do not think it matters what species it is. Simple or complex, since, as you pointed out, they can all cause disappointment and high vet bills!

Old 06-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
sienna00
thank you for the reply no gtp's are the not easy to care for but I have a exo terra 36x18x36 live bio active terrarium that I used that keep the heat and humidity perfectly I switched to bp's because i decided to have a child and wanted more interactive less aggressive snakes in the home. although they are hands down my favorite species to observe handling does require skill and understanding their body language saved me from getting bite numerous times they don't bite and let go when they get older you gotta wiggle your arm from teeth like a fish hook. yeah its not fun. anyways thanks for responding im in no rush id just prefer to stick with one breeder thats reliable as I plan on developing an (envious collection joshsfrogs doesn't have snowflakes or honeydews at this point ill keep stalking...……...

Old 06-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #4
MomofDnNnD
Check out Dart Frog Depot. He's under snared99. I bought my whites from him (Pat) and am very happy with them. Don't know if they are CB or WC but I'm sure he can answer that for you. Good luck with your search.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
sienna00
Thank you i just joined the FB wtf lovers group and will follow the store on FB its nice to hear someone thats had good experiences with them. Much appreciation

Old 06-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #6
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
thank you for the reply
You are welcome.

Quote:
no gtp's are the not easy to care for
I figured that had to be a misunderstanding .

Quote:
but I have a exo terra 36x18x36 live bio active terrarium that I used that keep the heat and humidity perfectly
How hard was it to keep the heat and humidity perfect?

Quote:
I switched to bp's because i decided to have a child and wanted more interactive less aggressive snakes in the home.
Ohh okay, that makes perfect sense, now.

Quote:
although they are hands down my favorite species to observe
Me too .

Quote:
handling does require skill and understanding their body language saved me from getting bite numerous times they don't bite and let go when they get older
I see, thanks for telling me. That is something to take under consideration.

Quote:
you gotta wiggle your arm from teeth like a fish hook.
, ohh dear!!!

Quote:
yeah its not fun.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
anyways thanks for responding
Thank you, for answering my questions!!

Quote:
im in no rush id just prefer to stick with one breeder thats reliable
I completely understand. Have you considered looking into this breeder: https://www.facebook.com/FrogWhisperer/?

Quote:
as I plan on developing an (envious collection
Like I said, it's great to have another frog person on Fauna. So, please, keep me posted on your collection. I am sure to be envious.

Quote:
joshsfrogs doesn't have snowflakes or honeydews at this point ill keep stalking...……...
Have you looked at these possible specimens for your collection: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=658984
and http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=658860,

Old 06-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
sienna00
Yes i emailed him im waiting for some crazy beautiful snowflakes to come in and got the go ahead from another ground im in

Old 06-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Yes i emailed him im waiting for some crazy beautiful snowflakes to come in
Who is that? I am a bit slow , so, thank you, for your patience and understanding.

Quote:
and got the go ahead from another ground im in
I am very easily confused. So, might I enquire who that is ?

Old 06-19-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
sienna00
Mitch whyte on faunas he is whyteark h

Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #10
Dyscophus antongilii
If you get a specimen from him, please, let me know how it goes. He seems to have various species for sale, many that I find quite fascinating.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!