Info Rainbow Mealworms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Tony C
Rainbow Mealworms

I ordered crickets, mealworms, and superworms from Rainbow Mealworms on 11/24/09. They were shipped 11/25, but did not arrive until 12/1. The mealworms and supers were fine, but the crickets were almost all dead, and also under counted, I received 500 two week crickets on an order of 2000. I discussed a replacement with Rainbow via email. Their DOA policy states that shipping for DOA replacements will be paid by the customer, however I felt that I should not be held fully responsible as they would have had to ship additional crickets to rectify their error in counting regardless of the DOA, and offered to split shipping 50/50. The reply to that email stated simply that the replacement order would arrive 12/4. There was no mention of payment due, and I assumed that they had chosen to replace the crickets at no charge to me.

On 12/5 the replacement crickets arrived, and again all were DOA. The heat packs were not functioning at the time of delivery. I dispatched another email informing them that the crickets arrived DOA again, but did not receive a response. On 12/7 I received a bill in the mail for the full cost of shipping for the replacement crickets. I immediately called and spoke with a customer service rep who was unable to offer any information or assistance, insisting that I call back the next day to speak with her supervisor. I politely made it clear that I was very unhappy with their service, and that I expected an email from the supervisor retracting the bill they sent, as well as either a replacement shipment packed properly to arrive alive, or a refund of the cricket's cost.

I received an email on the morning of 12/8 stating that a refund was being issued and suggesting that I take my business to another supplier. I have not yet received the refund, but I expect that it will post within the next day or two.

I am posting this as an info thread as I feel that their poor customer service and inability to deliver live crickets should be known, but that they do not deserve a "Bad Guy" label since they are issuing a refund.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Tony C
I have received the refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!