barely into the new year - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
hhmoore
barely into the new year

and I'm throwing in my first Sound Off post. Figured it would be to start early, before the minor annoyances really pi$$ me off.

- this one is relatively new to me, but I have been getting a series of responses to ads, inquiries about available animals, and husbandry type questions with bad email addresses. My time is incredibly valuable to me, and I don't like other people wasting it...so it is frustrating to type out informative responses (sometimes this includes sending new pics, which is a multistep process with my current system: take, load, transfer, backup, resize, send) only to get the Mailer-Daemon notice that it was undeliverable.

- another email annoyance of late is a variety of spam that has been coming through my business address with subject lines that actually compel me to open/look. Things like: "about your ad", "boas & pythons", "snake question", and "venomous find". new and appropriate headings delivering the same old crap.

- and let us not forget, everybody's favorite: the person that owes me money...no further comment necessary, lol

Old 01-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
ravensgait
Yeah they keep trying to get us to look at the spam,, my problem with adds of late is the folks with heavy duty Spam filters who keep emailing me but never see my replies because it's in their junk mail and they don't think to look there. Randy

Old 01-08-2007, 01:26 AM   #3
garweft
Here's a little time saver on those undeliverable e-mails.

When you get a request that you know will take more than a minute or so to fill you can do this. Send a test reply telling the person that the reply is a courtesy reply to let them know that you received their e-mail and that you will be sending an answer to their questions/request later on in the day.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft

When you get a request that you know will take more than a minute or so to fill you can do this. Send a test reply telling the person that the reply is a courtesy reply to let them know that you received their e-mail and that you will be sending an answer to their questions/request later on in the day.
You could do that to all the emails that have sent you messages too, and see which are good/bad

What a good simple idea. :P

Old 01-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
Fantasy Boas
Quote:

I have my email system set up to do this automatically. As soon as an email comes in it sends out an autoreply telling them that I will be in contact shortly. If it comes back bad I know to not even bother with it. It has been a real time saver for me.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Lucille
I think they should do a major motion picture 'Spambot' starring the governor of California as a bot with the finish truly evil.

The hero bot tracks down those dirty filthy no good spammers and ties them securely in a chair one to a room, facing a computer, and ten feet further down has a shotgun fixed high on the wall pointed down at the dirty spammer so the computer is out of the line of fire. The gun has a chip that programs it to fire when the email in the 'in' box fills at 100. One by one, the spammer watches ads being sent in.......

Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 AM   #7
hhmoore
Quote:

A good idea, and one I have used x2...with little success. I sent one test email after my first response bounced back...it went through, so I re-sent my initial email in a slightly condensed form - it came back

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!