Can these guys be together? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
ReptileZone1
Can these guys be together?

I have a male Dragon, he is 14 inches and 8 mths old. The other dragon I have is WHAT I THINK is a female, 10 inches, 4 months. Can I let them walk around together, under my supervision. They will not be caged together, unless it is ok. Thanks

Old 04-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
rujonesin
Caging together should definitely not happen so it's good you realize that. The problem you will experience, either now or very soon is that your male is at the age where he is becoming sexually mature. While she is still too small or young he will still start to show aggressive behavior towards her eventually. I see no problem letting them cruise around a room together as long as they are being watched and he is not able to cause her too much stress.

Mike
www.outbackdragons.com

Old 04-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
CheriS
this may not be what happens to everyone, but we keep all our females out of site of the males as we noticed the females tend to cycle when even seeing a male and the pre mating rituals.

And.... of course the males goes crazy when they see the females, we have one male that will stop eating for days if he sees a female, i guess til he forgets about them.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:05 AM   #4
rujonesin
I did have a female last year that laid eggs (infertile) at about 8 months of age. Now that you mention that she had been placed in a glass 40 gallon within sight line of a male he same age. He was not showing too much interest in females yet but that probably had something to do with why she laid at such an early age. Their cages were not side by side but they could see each other. Interesting.

Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!