new web page, looking for feedback - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
beardiedragon
new web page, looking for feedback

Just put up this page on "keeping clean". lots of info and great links. Looking for some feedback.

http://www.beardiedragon.com/pages/C..._cleaning.html

Old 04-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #2
rujonesin
Looks pretty good Bennett

I imagine with the pictures that I've seen you spend more time cleaning than you do selling. I only have 11 adults and right now and about 100 babies from only three of the females. Cleaning is already taking over my life. It is probably the most overlooked topic in the hobby. I don't think most people realize the effort involved in keeping things clean as they want to expand their collection. It kills me to see ads where people have taken a pic of the animal in it's cage and it's filthy. The one thing I might add is when you are cleaning it's a great time to give your beardie a bath. It doesn't seem to matter how often you clean they find a way to step in their poo or drag their belly through it. Mine love a good toothbrush scrubbing (soft bristle) when they are shedding. I just think cleaning the beardie is as important as cleaning the cage. Great stuff.

Mike

Old 04-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Karmic
Thumbs up

That page is great! The only thing I might add, would be to emphasize that disinfectants don't work as well in the presence of organic material (feces...) I'm a vet tech and in my experience, people have to be hit over the head before they will understand that you can't pour a bottle of "disinfectant" on top of poop and get sterile poop.
Your sites great and your dragons are gorgeous!

Old 04-16-2005, 12:20 PM   #4
beardiedragon
Very good point. I will make that addition, thanks so much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!