June Bugs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-16-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
emeraldmaiden
Question June Bugs

I live in deep south Texas and would like to know if it is safe for my dragons to eat what we call "June Bugs" which are in abundance right now? They are actually grub worms which have matured into adults but I dont know the scientific name for them. They are only available a short time during the year and are attracted to light sources at night. They do have an outer sort of shell, brown in color, that sort of crunches and they fly. Both of my dragons really like them. If anyone has any information on them, I would like to know so I wont give them something to cause them harm.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:56 PM   #2
rujonesin
June bugs should be okay for adults but I would hesitate for younger beardies because of their outer shell and the risk for impaction. My other concern is feeding any bugs from outside because there is always the risk of some sort of pesticide being ingested by your dragon.

Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!