Rumors are not always true: - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-24-2005, 10:51 PM   #101
Southerncat
Ashley why are you accusing me of stealing? I have never said anyone stole anything. I have never called you names. Period! So why are you stooping that low?

You know I was going to say more but...na... If they can not come on here and post proof then I am through with that whole deal concerning that show. I have better things to do with my time, like planning a REAL show!

You might want to look at your warning points that webslave gave you, I think you may have crossed the line on your last post.

Please everyone post your full names as webslave has asked, this thread needs to be here for people who are looking to do business with the Campbells.

Cathy Elrod

Old 05-24-2005, 11:02 PM   #102
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsmile18
this is for Mr. Joe Lesh
if it wasnt for Cathy and J&M exotics we all would have some moey they were talkin ab me and lisa stilling the money!!!!!!!! EXCUSE me if we had "stole" the money i wouldnt be busting my a** to find a job and neither would jason or lisa.
and also for ur information lisa and jason has more than one friend
they dont want to be friends with low living peices of crap like YALL
good nite hoes
ashley
Let's get one thing striaght. When you signed up as a member of this site, you agreed to abide by a set of rules. If you are unable or unwilling to follow those rules, I will gladly show your happy ass to the door.

Come to think of it... Jay already warned you that your behavior would lead to you getting the boot if you kept it up. Since you chose to disregard that warning... buh bye.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:05 AM   #103
JMExotics
Elvis has left the building folks!

Old 05-30-2005, 05:18 PM   #104
Reptile Basics
Wow......

I am sorry I got to this thread so late in the game! I just went through about 21 pages of mind numbing stings of letters and phrases. Truly a spectacular defense has been presented!<p>That said- I attended, as a vendor, both the Columbia show in question and the Raleigh show which followed shortly after. The Columbia show would seem to have been very poorly advertised judging by the turnout and the feedback from customers. I think it is fairly clear who did what looking at previous posts. We broke even at Columbia though Sunday was a total waste of time. Our profit margin would have looked much better had we split Saturday night.<p>I also heard tell of a "River festival" of some kind that also occurs in Columbia that weekend every year. It would seem that the choice of dates may have been poor as well. I had some doubts about this show right out of the gate. For one thing the Columbia market was horribly abused and beaten down by a previous show promoter who just couldnt seem to understand advertising and why not to do a show every 3 weeks. This isnt the fault of either the new promoter(s) or Tony C., but it is the environment they are working in. While I am typically extremely happy with a "Tony" show I figured he isnt the only game in town and I should give the new guys a try. Did the same for the ill-fated Bristol Va/TN show a couple of years ago. More and more it is seeming like a bad idea to stray very far from Tony C. in this area of the country.<p>The Raleigh show was brought up early in this thread so I figure I will air out on that one while I am here. I dont post too often because I try to actually stick to topics I am involved in so here is my big chance.....<p>Raleigh was disappointing from an attendance point of view but from a profitability point of view we did as well or better than we ever have. The honest truth of the matter is I think we did better because of the smaller crowd. We could actually take a little time to talk to people and they could see what we had. Normally it is way too crowded to do either. I would guess Tony was hurt monetarily by the small crowd as much or more than any one vendor there. I f he made changes or failed to do the same advertising he has more than taken the beating for it and I bet it is back to the old plan real soon! <p>From what I saw the show was pretty well organized and went off smoothly though I am sure there were a few hiccups as always. I also love the constant rumors and stories about Tony. I have been going to his shows since the very first one. Done well almost every time. Agreed with a lot of things he has done for the shows and disagreed with some others. Let him know it on a couple of occasions as well . His shows have gotten a bit on the costly side but I always feel as though the money has been spent pretty well and there is a good crowd. You get what you pay. I hope he is making a fortune at it because he has made me a fair amount of money as well and frankly it is no ones business what he spends the money he makes on as long as he honestly represents his show and sponsors. Perhaps some of his naysayers/rumor mongers should bear that in mind. We have a friendly business relationship and he has always been professional with me. I for one have never been forced into a "choice" situation about attending his shows or shows by others nor has it even been hinted at or suggested in a serious way. I hear people talk about "other people" who have had that problem but have not yet met any of these "people" in person. Mostly it would seem that the "people" have an axe of their own to grind. Go figure. What a bunch of gossipy little whiners in this business. Wait, make that world.<p>I would highly recommend to anyone that they vend at one of Tonys shows.<p>Rich Goldzung<p>Reptile Basics Inc.<p>www.reptilebasics.com

Old 05-30-2005, 07:13 PM   #105
audrypayne
I determine what shows I'll attend judged on traveling distance & how many animals I have available. It doesn't matter to me if it's a Tony show or not. I go where I think I'll make some money. I did well at the Columbia show & have also done well at Tonys shows. The worst show I've ever done was at Birmingham Alabama. Wasn't even worth the drive down there.
Cricket

Old 06-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #106
gottalaugh1948
just a quick note to all out there that i will be on from time to time and can fill you in on alot about the truth and nothing but the truth about my ex, jason and even more on his new wife lisa, how can she call herself redneck chick, when she is truly just a new yorker.....just a redneck wannabe, how sad...... and s for jason, our child really misses his dad but is better off without him...... more will come later.
bye for now
gotta laugh1948

Old 06-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #107
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottalaugh1948
just a quick note to all out there that i will be on from time to time and can fill you in on alot about the truth and nothing but the truth about my ex, jason and even more on his new wife lisa, how can she call herself redneck chick, when she is truly just a new yorker.....just a redneck wannabe, how sad...... and s for jason, our child really misses his dad but is better off without him...... more will come later.
bye for now
gotta laugh1948
Does any of it have to do with him scamming this community? We have already pegged him for a low life. The main concern here is to get him out of this business.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 AM   #108
gottalaugh1948
How To Get Him Out Of It All

Press Charges On Them When And Where Possible For Any Illegal Type Activity Concerning Reptiles Or Bad Business Practices, Run Them To Another Part Of The World And Let Others Deal With Them.....he Always Looked For The Easy Money And As The Quote Goes "a Fool And His Money Shall Soon Part" There Is A Sucker Born Every Day. And He Knows This.......these Are All Just My Opinions But Trust Me My Opinions Are 99.9% Accurate

Old 06-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #109
J&MExotics
Oh My!

6/8/2005 *** JUST ANNOUNCED ***
Due to many request, we have added a venomous included hot show in Columbia, South Carolina July 16th in cooperation with the Southeastern Hot Herp Society. Please check our South Carolina website tomorrow for exciting information. This is our 8th year in South Carolina and the one day show will be as large as our two day shows that we have been holding in SC for 8 years now - from www.reptileandexoticanimalshow.com

OH MY how in the world will they do a show when someone else is doing it that same weekend and in the same building.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #110
gottalaugh1948
J & M Exotics

You Rock !!!!!!!!! Thanks For All The Moral Support Through All This Mess That Came My Way During The Past Couple Of Months , I'll See You At Your Show For Sure!!!!!!!!
Cindy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!