Southern Exotics and Reptile Convention 5/20-5/21 Aiken,SC - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-25-2006, 07:02 AM   #41
JMExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerncat
OH MY GOD!!! I can't believe I left off our number one supporter..............
Speaker Showman Extrodinaire "The Big Snake Daddy" himself
MR. Roark Ferguson Please Forgive ME Oh Great One
Good going! :P

Roark it is alway great talking with you at our show. Such a pleasure to be around people that care about the reptile industry. See ya at the next show

Old 05-26-2006, 11:09 PM   #42
Vampire
Didn`t get to go to the show, maybe next time. Would have liked to seen my buddy Chuck Hurd`s display and presentation. I was at his place about 2 months ago, he has a great collection. He has been a real good friend to me, helped me acquire some nice animals, and always been more than willing to answer any questions. One thing about Chuck, he will give you a straight answer, no BS. I respect that in a person.

Vampire

Old 05-28-2006, 03:30 PM   #43
SCReptiles
Quote:
Speaking of chuck herd ....

he hands down had the nicest Canebrake In the show .. that thing was blasting with colors .. pinks blues and chuck was real nice to talk to as well ,
Thanks for the kind words. That blue cane you were talking about is just a striking animal. I am not certain what the future holds for her. I know that Cut Throat and Hubbard are working out a line of “blue” EDB, perhaps crossing her in to that line would produce something to write home about.

I was also surprised when Roark himself pulled me aside and said my hypo timber was the prettiest rattlesnake he has ever seen. I had offers on almost all of my educational display, especially the blue cane and the hypo timber. I appreciated them, but have absolutely no interest in selling them. My hypo is a male, and Randy Smith currently has his female amelanistic cane up for sale. She is worth more then I have to invest, but I am working with a silent partner that is not venomous friendly, but has made plenty of money in the constrictor market. He is thinking of investing in Smith’s female, if he does, with her and my hypo would could bring “sunglow” timbers to the market within the next 5 years. Just imagine the possibilities of these two.

For some of you that didn’t sell as well as you hoped, you need to also factor in the advertisement value of being at a show. Over 500 reptile friendly people had a chance to see your stock and get a card. Just cause you didn’t make the sell that weekend, doesn’t mean the seed wasn’t planted. Most people do not buy the first time they see, they think about it and come back. I for one, certainly hope we run that show again…and you will certainly be there long as they want me to be. I was great getting to finally show off my display in SC. Enjoyed seeing everyone, especially Cricket, haha.

Old 05-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #44
audrypayne
Thanks Chuck. Love you too Buddy. And you certainly did have the best looking hots I've seen in a long time. Anyone with venomous can tell that you put a lot of pride, money, time, and experience with your collection. I certainly hope to see you at the next one. Maybe next time we can hang out a while. I'll teach you how to shoot pool. LOL. Cathy did a great job with this show, and the next one will be even better. Now that she's teamed up with Repticon, the quality of shows in SC will definitely improve.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!