GROUND SNAKE Sonora semiannulata - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
Archimedes Artifex
GROUND SNAKE Sonora semiannulata

I am interested in keeping some common groundsnakes from the Arizona area.
Sonora semiannulata is my main point of interest since they are the most beautiful and most variable in color and patternation. If you live out west and happen to come across one or more of these, or know someone who sells them please let me know.

http://www.wildherps.com/species/S.semiannulata.html

http://www.reptilesofaz.com/Snakes-S...iannulata.html
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-12-2006, 11:41 PM   #2
DesertHerper
In the 8 years I've been in Tucson I've seen one of them.. Maybe common but there are only a couple snakes I've seen less of... The one I did see, it was late at night and I almost hit it.. It was on my list of snakes I wanted to keep so I kept it for about 6 months and can't remember if I gave it to a friend or what.. It ate insects without any issue as was a very fun and rewarding snake to work with.. I got more joy from it then I did some of the $1,000 snakes in my collection.. Good luck finding one, I'm sure there are areas that people see them every day..

Another hard to find and odd snake is the banded sand snake, I would look into those as well as I kept both and enjoyed both equal although I never saw the sand snakes so maybe they never did eat.. You know what, stay away from the sand snakes

Old 08-14-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
Archimedes Artifex
Haha...I think I might keep a sandsnake!! that's a nice one. I just might have to find the right time of year next year to take a roadtrip and see if I can't hunt my ass off and come home with something worth while. I heard these grounds are easily found in Yavapai County, AZ. I like keeping things different that not many people have kept. All these people are hung up on $15,000 pastel "BALL PYTHONS." I don't care if it's neon yellow, it's still a damn $30 snake. Try keeping something challenging. Like a Queen Snake. These guys and gals only eat small crayfish that have just shed and are therefor softer shelled. The Glossy Crayfish snake will eat small crayfish but prefers you not be around when he does. Or even a Rainbow Snake or Mud Snake. They are fairly hard to keep just because they only eat amphiuma. Ok, point made....What are some other cool snakes you have kept?
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-14-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
DesertHerper
You can give me a call at (520) 609-three-nine-seven-nine, I'm sure we'd have a lot to talk about.. Feel free to call whenever, I'm a late nighter... I see odd stuff like blind snakes and so on but don't wanna deal with keeping termites, I guess I could, maybe I'll start and be the first to produce an albino blind snake!! That would be an impressive $30k morph!

Old 08-17-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
Archimedes Artifex
Lol. I caught a pie bald eastern worm snake once. I don't know if it would actually be worth anything.....I thought it was cool though.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-17-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
longissima
I have found several Sonora on the I-10 frontage roads heading north from Tucson up to Red Rock while "road hunting" at night. I have also found Banded Sand Snakes Chilomeniscus cinctus on these frontage areas as well. I hope you can make it down to Tucson some time. I think you will enjoy it!!

Old 08-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #7
Archimedes Artifex
It looks like it'll be next summer before I can make it out that way.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread