Hybrid Snakes Forum??? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Other Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 AM   #21
MaddieRae
I have a question, I live in North Carolina, and I was in the mountains about a month ago and my boyfriend and I came across what looked to be a black snake, so we were trying to pick it up, not harming it at all, but it was swift to get away, and it as it got about a foot away from us it curled up and started to shake its tail, it was a rattle snake, mixed with a black snake, it seemed like it at least. I was wondering if this was possible, it was black but if you looked closely you could see white in it and white on its belly.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #22
MDC_Ophiuchus
Many colubrids in the U.S. do this; they rattle their tails against the dead vegetation, creating a sound not unlike that of rattlesnakes, deterring possible predators.

Colubrids and pit-vipers cannot mix.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread