New Pennsylvania Super Shows! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #71
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
I think for the first show in a new location, it went great! I heard a number tossed around of about 1500 people through the door.
I saw a lot of people walking around with reptiles they had purchased, everyone seemed very happy and the vendors all seemed happy.
I think the next show will be bigger once news gets out how great it was! The vendors talking about it, the customers talking about it, will bring in a lot of people.
Plus next show in March will be a three day show! How great is that??!!
that 3 days show isnt just a reptile show , from what i understand there was a possible mix up by the expo and 2 shows were scheduled at the same date
the show is going to be a PET EXPO which is a big thing here in Reading and they average at least 20,000 people in attendence and marty decided to just incorparate the reptile show into the PET EXPO , so theres going to be a ton of people that will be there for the pet expo but will also be made aware of the new reptile show that will be going on , so its going to be huge publicity for the Northern Berks Super shows ..

Old 01-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #72
DJR73
The Hamburg Reptile Show that has been held in the Hamburg Field House WILL CONTINUE!.Yes the show has had some issues. But it remains the largest attended show on the East Coast and will continue to move forward. Now with one promoter in the building, things can move much smoother and more controlled. The table layout has been changed to create more area for the public & vendors to move about. It is funny how one promoter ( which has promoted there for sometime) has lost his building, now feels it is OK to bad mouth it. It worked for him while he was there. And yes, Hamburg is a hard building to get into if you are a new vendor, because the old guys have stayed with the show and have not given up their spaces. 90% of the vendors have been with the show for 15 years+. One other thing, at least when you go to Hamburg you know your vendors. Next show Feb 27th, 2010.......

Old 01-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #73
TripleMoonsExotic
Wow...

Well...Since you came here...Have two questions for you...

1) Have you told vendors that if they do Marty's shows they will no longer be welcome at the Fieldhouse?

2) Did you send someone to the Marty's show today to tell vendors they could have a complimentary table at the next Hamburg show if they didn't do Marty's next show?

The first question has been floating around among vendors for several weeks now and the second obviously just came to light today.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #74
Goombas Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post

DEAD??????????????????
that show was far from dead ..

you prolly walked in at the end of the show , cause in no way shape or form was that show dead ..

Yeah dead, I got there at noon. 5 and a half hours before closing and there might have been a hundred people including vendors. Half the floor space was empty? What show did you go to????

Old 01-17-2010, 12:45 AM   #75
reptirus
From the buyers stand point it was very nice to actually be able to walk threw isles and not get pushed into other people. The overall attitude at the show was a lot better than at the field house. The general mood of the field house the past few times ive attended have been pretty crappy. Vendors complain about being crammed together, buyers complain because of there being no room to walk because of all of the tables crammed into the building. It was rare to see a smile in that place! Walking threw the show today everyone seemed to be in a great mood and having a good time. I didnt hear any complaints at all and saw alot more people carrying things around that they purchased than I ever see at the field house. I cant wait for the next show!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #76
Goombas Reptiles
P.S. I am not complaining. I love the fact that there are new places now. I was merely stating that its going to take some time for word to spread and for people to start showing up. You gotta remember, Hamburg has been around for years and years. I picked up a few animals at a great price. It just would have been nicer to see a full house. I wish it the absolute best.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:22 AM   #77
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post
that 3 days show isnt just a reptile show , from what i understand there was a possible mix up by the expo and 2 shows were scheduled at the same date
the show is going to be a PET EXPO which is a big thing here in Reading and they average at least 20,000 people in attendence and marty decided to just incorparate the reptile show into the PET EXPO , so theres going to be a ton of people that will be there for the pet expo but will also be made aware of the new reptile show that will be going on , so its going to be huge publicity for the Northern Berks Super shows ..
That is correct about the pet expo at the same time. It will be a great opportunity for vendors and customers! Ton of people and a ton of advertising. It should be nothing but an awesome experience for everyone. I can't imagine better advertising for the new venue and locations. The vendors were also given an option of not having to be there all three days. Normally when there is a two day show you must be there for both days, so this will give everyone (customers and vendors) a lot of options.
In a building that large from a customers standpoint, it might have looked slow, but from a vendors perspective, knowing how large of a space it was, there was good traffic. I don't think I talked to a vendor that was not very happy with the outcome.
Good job Marty and all that made it possible.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #78
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombas Reptiles View Post
P.S. I am not complaining. I love the fact that there are new places now. I was merely stating that its going to take some time for word to spread and for people to start showing up. You gotta remember, Hamburg has been around for years and years. I picked up a few animals at a great price. It just would have been nicer to see a full house. I wish it the absolute best.
If all the vendors and all the customers that normally went to Hamburg went to this show, I don't think it still would have looked full. That building is just that huge.

Being able to drive your vehicles inside to unload and set up, how great is that?!
Tons of on site parking, large amount of restrooms, awesome food, happy people everywhere you look, no shoving,crowding, it was like heaven to me!

Old 01-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #79
DJR73
Hi Stephanie,
1st of all I NEVER told vendors that if they did the other show they could no longer vend Hamburg. See the bad thing here, is ONLY one side of the story is being hear. I normally do not feed into things like this. But I have had enough of the rumors and misinformation that is out here!. And there are a few good points made. Yes the fliedhouse is crowded. We have made changes to the upcomming show with the table layout to adhere to all codes of safety. But you must remember there were 2 promoters in the building. I was not the promoter that was jamming tables everywhere possible to make more money. Once my building is full, vendor space is soldout. And Marty created his own being ask to leave the venue, since damage was created at his shows. This place is run my a volley fire co. The building is not a dump on the mrning of the show. People who can't seem to find trash cans creat the mess. So if we all take the time and treat others property as our own, things would be nicer. And as the complimentary tables, maybe you would like the whole story! I GIVE my long time vendors a show on me every year. This is a just to say THANK YOU for what they do. I have done this since I started running the shows. I must say I never seem the other promoters do that. That is b/c I actually care about the vendors. Relationships have been created over the years that are unbreakable. The long and short of this is. The other promoter would have never left the Hamburg fliedhouse unless he was asked to. And as for his show is he ran in Philly, if it was such a great show then where is it now? Hamburg will continue and if you choose to support it, great. And one last thing, try speaking with the VENDORS about show promoters. Of course "Dan" wants the show he works for to look all great. But speak to the Vendors for your real stories. There is a lot of behind the sences stuff that people know nothing about. But I don't feel it necessary to airy dirty laundry here. My goal is to continue with Hamburg since we are the LARGEST & OLDEST VENOMOUS show here.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #80
mdrepfarm
the truth

Yes Hamburg is overcrowed but all successful shows get a large crowd. I have vended at Hamburg since the very first show & have watched it grow. Marty was thrown out of the bldg by the volunteer fire dept that owns it for damages arising from his shows & lack of clean up & that's the real story. Most of the bigger vendors from that show are not supporting the new shows run by Marty due to his misleading ads not because Denise gave them a choice of his show or mine. I was standing there when her lawyer & her had a conversation about the best way to handle his ads & that never came up. As far as you new vendors go that are complaining about not being able to vend there it's totally because of lack of available space. I was persoanlly involued with several other larger vendors in getting her to remove a whole asile for the forthcoming shows to allow more room to walk through the bldg. This means a higher table price for us & less tables available to rent.If we didn't care about you the public we wouldn't agree to a higher rental fee to give you more room to move about. Would any promoter drop an established long time vendor to let in a new one? I personally run 25 small shows a year in Md & Va & my long time vendors come first. Several of the vendors were there yesterady only because they had prepaid Marty for his April show in the fieldhouse & he gave them space at the new show instead of refunds.Most of us promoters in the area work with each other on scheduling our dates so we don't conflict & fight over vendors ( to give you the public the best show possible) Not only do I work with Denise on this I also worked with her late brother the same way when he ran the show. Marty has ignored this & booked his shows over top of some of mine as qwell as on top of The Steel City Reptile Expo. While I will do nothing to tharwt Marty's shows I will not support them in any way shape or form. I will continue to support the Hamburg show. Most of you who know me know that I don't get involued in these pissing matches & have never posted before but this is just wrong to see you all slamming the real Hamburg show & the best promoter ever there. Finally everyone need to go to www.usark.org & do all you can to stop Senate bill 373. Thanks Larry Kenton ( not afraid to post my real name )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!