Greater Harrisburg Reptile Expo, Carlisle P.A. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
mikeyt
OK, so went to the show. How was it? Well I guess it was about the typical for the Carlisle show. There were about 25-30 vendors, most familiar faces, and only about 500 or so thru the door, Which seems to be the overall avg for this show. The show had a good feel to it, didnt seem to be all the tensions that are currently involved with some of the other shows, which I enjoyed. I didnt have to hear vendors in their little huddles whining and crying

The food definitely was better then previous, the raffle was a good idea (although I didnt win anything, lol).

This show has had alot of struggles since it even began, and once again it is being operated by someone new. I will say that it appears that the new promoter is making the effort to get the word out there, so maybe with a little hard work and some help from the reptile communinty this could be a nice little show worth attending. I personally choose the smaller one on one shows where I can actually view an animal and talk to the vendor. So keep pluggin along and make this show work

Old 01-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
jntreptiles
I set

Old 01-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #23
jntreptiles
oops, big fingers hit the wrong buttons.

I set up at the show yesterday. Didnt have a great sale day by along shot, but got to spend some time among good friends, and meet some new faces. Reminds of the good ole days at a little place called Indian Steps. (get to that in a moment)

Chad and Eric seem to be making some strides at trying to make the show a little better so I hope they can pull it together and bring it around.

I am not sure if anyone will remember this, with exception to some of those who have been around for awhile, But there use to be a little outdoor show and round up years ago known as Indian Steps. This thing was not huge by a long shot, but in a time when shows were virtually non existent, this is what we had. It was basically a nice day where vendors basically got together to buy, sell and trade their animals. Everyone had a laid back, good time and the day was all about the animals, no politics, no BS, just reptile enthusiasts do what they enjoyed.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #24
dragonlvr64
I like the idea of a show that is laid back,casual, easy going and just an enjoyable day. It was kind of nice, walking around talking to other vendors, seeing what they had, listening to people laughing and joking with each other...
I saw a few regulars, but got to talk to quite a few new people, I am happy about that.

I agree that the new promoters are really trying to get this show going. We were asked quite a few times as vendors, if all was ok, if there was anything we needed,ect... that was nice too!

There might not have been huge numbers going through the door, but I think if advertising is bumped up a bit in the right places, it should get more people in. I don't think there was enough time for a huge amount of advertising for the show yesterday.
Personally as a new vendor, I think this show could be something in the future. I have already paid for my table for the March 13th show.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #25
GHReptileExpo
we had 407 paying admissions and about 200 5 and under. highest attendance was 658 but that 407 is up from last show wich was 290 but that included the children. 20 vendors and 60 tables up from the november vendor list wich was 14 vendors. im not sure of the table count because i dont have access to that information. the people that did come stayed for the raffles. we gave away 3 raffles totaling $100. the mood of the room was up beat and positive and every one was having a good time. Becides thats why were here right? to have a good time doing something we love. the food is deffenitly better. the consesions are now being catered by a resteraunt based out of camp hill called Flinchys http://www.flinchys.com with everyones help we will make this one of the customer and vendor favorites on the east coast.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #26
GHReptileExpo
we had 407 paying admissions and about 200 5 and under. highest attendance was 658 but that 407 is up from last show which was 290 but that included the children. 20 vendors and 60 tables up from the November vendor list which was 14 vendors. I'm not sure of the table count because i don't have access to that information. the people that did come stayed for the raffles. we gave away 3 raffles totaling $100. the mood of the room was up beat and positive and every one was having a good time. Besides that's why were here right? to have a good time doing something we love. the food is definitely better. the concessions are now being catered by a restaurant based out of camp hill called Flinchy's http://www.flinchys.com with everyone's help we will make this one of the customer and vendor favorites on the east coast.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #27
GHReptileExpo
sorry its been a long week end

Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #28
bkline
raffles were a good idea, show went horrible selling feeders, did not cover any of my expenses. but attendance was definitely up and the place was clean as always. i have to say that was the worst sales at any show i have had yet.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
elkmillbillyreptiles
The only thing that show has going for it that it's clean and you have space. I didn't go but went to every show before that. But I don't mind dirty bathrooms or crowded spaces. I'm a commercial construction worker. Well hopefully that show happens again but again you won't get me out there.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #30
GHReptileExpo
the show has had a ruff start that is true but I'm sure you will all be pleasantly surprised when you see the turn out in march. but till then keep the comments coming we want to make this good for everyone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!