Help Please!!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #1
windex
Help Please!!!!!!!!!

I recently bought a 7-8 month old beardie which seem to be in great health and eating well. I noticed the past few days she has been digging up her cage all day long. I did buy her while she was paired up with a male, which makes me wonder if she might be gravid. I have also noticed bumps on her stomach.......

I only have two incubators which have chameleon eggs in them at 76 degrees.

Should i just go about it is if she is gravid????????????????
Beardie eggs at 85 degrees??????????????????????

Please give me some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
windex
Eating Habits

She has also cut down eating, before I noticed this stuff going on she ate like a pig.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:12 PM   #3
rujonesin
It sounds like she is getting close to laying her eggs. She will need a suitable laying area with moist soil/sand mix. I usually keep my eggs at 85. I have kept them at 83 but Noy sure how much success you would have at 76. The cooler you keep them the longer they take to hatch. If you can keep them warmer I would. This is all assuming the eggs come out fertile.

Mike

Old 04-23-2005, 10:17 PM   #4
rujonesin
Btw

She looks way too small to have been bred. I would make sure she goes on a major weight gain program before breeding again. I would definitly not put her with a male until next year at the earliest.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
windex
Unhappy Thanks

I agree with you on her being way to young to have breed. Do you think I should complain to the shop where i bought her? The weight gain program is a must and will start as soon as she is ready again.

Old 04-24-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
rujonesin
I don't think complaining will do anything so I would let it go. You took a dragon out of a bad environment and hopefully will make it better. Though I normally don't like to feed dragons pinkies you might try a couple over the next week to get her fat stores back up. Make them small ones if you do it. She needs all the protien she can get so maybe try and get her to eat some juvie pellets. She needs calcium and vitamins. It's possible she will lay eggs one or two more times so keep the calcium in her. Check out www.beautifuldragons.com for nutritional info.

Old 04-24-2005, 05:37 AM   #7
windex
Thanks for the advice

Well, she laid her eggs (13 total)and I don't knoew wheather to be happy or mad. Unfortunatly I ran out or vermiculite and only had the top soil to put in teh egg container.

Should i switch the medium or leave it the way it is with the topsoil??????????
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #8
rujonesin
I think you need to get some vermiculite or perlite. I don't think the soil will keep them as well. The soil can suck the moisture right out of the eggs and is harder to keepat the right levels of moistness.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:40 PM   #9
Reptileking636
yeah get them off that soil and go buy some perlite or vermiculite

Old 04-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #10
windex
You got it guys

First thing this morning i switched them over to the vermiculite. I did notice 2 or 3 had a couple tiny dents to the eggs. This mean they are infertile????????????????????????

I do appreciate the help guys!!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!