Rumors are not always true: - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:30 PM   #51
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWReptiles
John, the best bet would be to read the thread on Campbell reptiles on the BOI.

Cantspell thread here.
Thanks for the link Al. Can't even get through the first page without LMFAO , I'll catch up on the rest shortly.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:33 PM   #52
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpenXotics
the internet is not a hobby it is a place to hang out when no one is willing to deal with you in person.
It is someplace to keep me from having to do ACTUAL work while in the office...

And that is a pretty bold statement about no one willing to do business with the people here in person...

I do plenty of face to face business...and it is all fine and good...
But there are definitely more people in the herp industry that I would trust that are out of state and unABLE to do business with me face to face than there are in my area that I would trust...
And I live in Chicago...third largest city in the US...PLENTY of people here to do business with...
I see as much scamming going on at shows as I see on the internet...
Good people there too...

Having an internet business makes you viable NATIONWIDE or even INTERNATIONALLY if you are so inclined to do the mounds of paperwork import/export requires. Why limit yourself to a few locals? It has nothing to do with "willing to do business"...
I have driven many hours to do business face to face with people...
And they have done the same for me...

Besides...you are here posting...have you sunken to "our" level?

Old 05-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #53
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrypayne
Let me have the pleasure of confusing you even more. There are actually two Jasons involved in all this. Jason Campbell-the lying, cheating, scamming, unfit father that is married to Lisa. Then there's Jason Vander Waal(the good guy). Jason VW is one of the people exposing the Campbells for the crooks they are. You know, buyer beware! He's also one of the many people who worked hard to make the Columbia SC show a success.
Audry
Okay, Thanks. That actually does help. Between this info and Al's link to the other thread, I think I can now put these series of posts, in the right context.

Old 05-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #54
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias47
It is someplace to keep me from having to do ACTUAL work while in the office...

And that is a pretty bold statement about no one willing to do business with the people here in person...

I do plenty of face to face business...and it is all fine and good...
But there are definitely more people in the herp industry that I would trust that are out of state and unABLE to do business with me face to face than there are in my area that I would trust...
And I live in Chicago...third largest city in the US...PLENTY of people here to do business with...
I see as much scamming going on at shows as I see on the internet...
Good people there too...

Having an internet business makes you viable NATIONWIDE or even INTERNATIONALLY if you are so inclined to do the mounds of paperwork import/export requires. Why limit yourself to a few locals? It has nothing to do with "willing to do business"...
I have driven many hours to do business face to face with people...
And they have done the same for me...

Besides...you are here posting...have you sunken to "our" level?
Excellent points Derek. I didn't bother saying so previously but I did zap this clown and let him know what I thought privately.

What's with all the kitchen utensiles and their cries of unequality of late? Whether you're a pot, kettle or soupspoon, your purpose is the same; do right, be honest, enjoy.

Kitchen Racism, is it the NEW bane of the reptile world?

Old 05-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #55
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
What's with all the kitchen utensiles and their cries of unequality of late?

I have to say...I love that line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Whether you're a pot, kettle or soupspoon, your purpose is the same; do right, be honest, enjoy.
Absolutely True...
So much animosity and dischord in the ranks...
No wonder our industry has a hard time advancing...

Old 05-23-2005, 08:05 PM   #56
SerpenXotics
you guy's are taking what I said out of context

maybe I need to spend more time thinking of what I posted here. I did not mean to sound like I am calling US losers, just that some of us are real busy with local buisness to think about spelling and stuff. Including myself I consider most of the people here real good people. with very profesional ethic's and some I don't. I guess I felt a little offended when I read the post about spelling and maybe felt like it was partially aimed twords myself. so I fired back even though I probably should not have. I have to apologize to anyone who took this the wrong way. I guess I was just kinda grumpy and firing off at the fingers. my fault guy's !!!!!!! I have agreed with what alot of you said in the past especially you Wes you make me laugh more than anyone. anyway I meant nothing about peoples buisness ethics I was just taking a defensive edge.

So this is my way of saying sorry to wes and everyone else who took what I said to the heart. I APOLOGIZE PUBLICLY.
JOE LESH

Old 05-23-2005, 10:34 PM   #57
Wilomn
It happens. I myself managed to get both feet in my mouth today by responding to a thread that I didn't read all the way through.

Is the moon full tonight?

No worries here, all is well.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:46 PM   #58
Southerncat
Yea Wes here in South Carolina there is a full moon. So Joe you can blame it on the moon

Old 05-23-2005, 11:43 PM   #59
BABYMAMA#3
update

just to let you know jason and lisa are reading these i got an email today from them
vic

Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 AM   #60
JMExotics
post it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!