Greater Nashville Reptile Show?!?! Warning / Potential problems. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #61
audrypayne
You got it wrong, Karen. It wasn't a bald faced lie. It was nothing but lies, false advertising, misrepresentation, intentional scandal, & theft. In other words, if they said it, printed it, or promised it, it was ALL total BS. I truly believe that this show was a premeditated intentional scam. Not only for the vendors that were crapped out of lots of time & money, but for the general public as well.
Cricket

Old 07-07-2005, 09:57 AM   #62
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Steve:
There were others that didn't pay for their tables yet you pick on one person. Maybe you can't read. Maybe you shouldn't be sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. Maybe you're related to Kellie & Troy therefore agree with what they did.

I'm sure you would have paid for your tables when you're out hotel money, gas money, food money, and more all based on a bald faced lie. Yeah thought so.
Karen

If you point out the posts where others freely admitted that they did not pay for their tables and the were proud of the fact then I will amend my post to include them as well. I have no idea who Kellie & Troy are, I have never heard their names before this thread, and no I do not approve of what they did but as the saying goes, two wrongs do not make a right.

If the attendance was as bad as they say it was I would have paid for my table for Saturday and left. I would not have stuck around for Sunday to further increase my losses of both time and money. I have done this on a few occasions when I was selling sports memorabilia and I felt that the show had been misrepresented

Steve

Old 07-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #63
bgexotics
A few people here in Kentucky were thinking about going to the Nashville show, but the website made me leary. Since when do you pay $150 a table for a new show ran by people you have never heard of? I feel really bad for the people that went.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #64
audrypayne
It really would not have been right for him to pay for his tables, since Kelly & Troy were giving them away free just to make the show look bigger. And they gave free tables to vendors that already had tables. Lots of deals were made with some, while others were given free tables just to attend. It's really not fair to those that had already paid. But K&T were desperate.
Two wrongs don't make it right. However, the verbal contracts between them & the vendors were null & void once they broke it. A deal is not a deal when one side doesn't fulfill their obligation.
And to think of what they did to Sherry & the shelter! That is totally unforgivable. These people should have had the decency to at least help the rescued animals. Conservation & education is what the reptile industry desperately needs. For most of us, these reptiles aren't just $$$. It's a true love.

Cricket

Old 07-07-2005, 10:34 AM   #65
Sherry Howell
They were very inconsistent with what they charged or didn't charge people. They said up front it was $150 per table. They told us they would donate one table to us and then gave us three on the day we showed up because, as Kelli said, she wanted to make it look like there were more vendors than there were. She also told vendors to spread their stuff out onto tables that were empty because they had no other vendors. They didn't charge for those tables. They were charging some people only $75 per table and others only $50. They also did something I have not seen at other shows that I've attended: they were allowing spectators to come into the show with their own personal animals wrapped around their necks or in pillowcases. They were allowing people who bought animals from vendors to leave the building and then come back in with the animals.

Personally, I didn't want to go back on Sunday but I made the commitment and even if Kelli and her husband proved to be liars and thieves, I wasn't going to go back on my word. I think most of the vendors who were there came back on Sunday because they're wayyyy more professional than Kelli and Troy. I also understand why Michael left on Saturday. He was more than justified considering the actions of Kelli and Troy.

Also, please know that Kelli and Troy know of this thread and the one on the BOI. Kelli was certainly quick to jump into the thread prior to the show. Where is she now?? Where is Troy?? They ripped of Premium Crickets for $5,000, in addition to our shelter and let's not forget their security people who didn't get paid. They can't defend themselves because they've proved out to be what they are: liars and thieves.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #66
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind
Karen

If you point out the posts where others freely admitted that they did not pay for their tables
Here's some of the info requested but I'm not giving you names. You'll have to actually read the thread to find out that info because if you had actually read the thread you would not agree with paying thieves and liars.

Strange you used the words "freely admitted" when that's the exact wording another person used when they said they didn't pay for their table.

Fortunately, I refused to pay in advance and then stopped payment on the check I wrote Saturday. I am freely admitting that I did this here, because I have plenty of witnesses that this event was a scam from the beginning and they were basically trying to rob us.

It has been noted that they left Sunday way early so in theory there could still be people who didn't pay just because they didn't have a chance before the crooks left.

I started packing up at 2:00 Sunday, and they were already gone. As for the other post above concerning boasnkc, it's hard to pay for your tables if the promoters have already left.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #67
GoLizards.com
Hello there- this is the wife of one of the guys who went to the show. I had a play by play of what was going on from my husband and his buddies that were there. Lets just say that these two crooks should be glad that they got away with what they did. People not paying for their tables should be the least of their worries. I know for a fact that when they all started packing up, they were not even asked for their table money. They know what they did wrong- I wouldn't expect to even be talked to after what they did. Besides the money was not going to what is was supposed to be going to: the animal rescue, the catering people, the helpers....... (the list goes on) instead it went into their measly little pockets to cover the bad checks they had written to put the show on. Like previously stated, where are they now. They had no problem personally calling my husband and his friends to make sure they were coming and they had no probs posting on here with all the lies. Let them step up to the plate- face the facts.
If they were in the right- don't you think they would have defended themselves by now????.........
Things that make you go hhhmmmmmmm!
GoLizards

Old 07-07-2005, 01:36 PM   #68
KCRD.com
Not Paying the Help

Part of the reason that some of the help didn't get paid is because they were family of the crooks(promoters). I'm sure that they were probably in on the scam. The rest that got screwed probably had no idea what they were in for.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #69
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by exotics2aquatics
I just Want This to be a great Show I have already sold 6000 tickets online for the show and will expect a whole lot more at the door.
And all the tables were gong to be sold out too. Odd how so many customers and vendors just decided to pay and not show up.

Quote:
feel free to post after the show so everyone will now what a great show the Nashville show was and will be in the future.
Sorry I missed it but it sounds like I had more fun getting a root canal.

Quote:
As our nest on will be 2nd week in December.
Hopefully the next show will be just as good as the first.

Can you say...
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #70
Sherry Howell
Yep. That summed it up pretty well. Now, where is Kelli?? I don't see anyone who was there posting about how great it was. And I don't see Kelli coming around trying to defend herself for stealing and ripping off people.

Oh, someone earlier gave a link to the article that was in the Tennessean. I clicked on it and got the name of the reporter who wrote the article. I told him a little bit about the show. Since I received a receipt saying he got my email, I just so hope he'll contact me about it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread