Greater Nashville Reptile Show?!?! Warning / Potential problems. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #71
audrypayne
It's probably a good thing that more vendors didn't show up. Think of the money that these people made on just the few they scammed.
I'm just glad that I've got 4 other shows scheduled. 3 of them are established shows, and one is new. But I know I'll do well at all 4 of these.
Columbia SC. July 16
Spartanburg SC. July 30-31
Hamburg Pa. August 6
Daytona Fla. August 20-21

Pack your animals and let's do a real show.
Cricket

Old 07-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #72
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Howell
Yep. That summed it up pretty well. Now, where is Kelli?? I don't see anyone who was there posting about how great it was. And I don't see Kelli coming around trying to defend herself for stealing and ripping off people.
She was last here on 7/3/05.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #73
Sherry Howell
Hey, Cricket.

We'll be going to Daytona..not getting a table...just spending money probably! lol I'll look for you.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #74
Michael Jacobi
Funny this is, I had actually sworn off doing shows for the year. After all these years I just needed a break. I'm usually at the Raleigh show, but I had surgery on both legs in February and decided to take the spring off (I will be there in Sept). So this joke of a show actually was kind of like coming out of retirement. Now I need to go to another show just to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I'd head to Columbia, but the transmission of my "show van" needs repair and the show's too soon. I'll find somewhere to drive to and set up before long. See y'all along the road. Michael

PS - Cricket, you are a road warrior!

Old 07-07-2005, 02:28 PM   #75
Sherry Howell
Hmmmm...so she was...interesting that she didn't post....guess she ran out of lies.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:31 PM   #76
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Howell
Hmmmm...so she was...interesting that she didn't post....guess she ran out of lies.
More like too busy counting her money.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #77
Sherry Howell
Doh!!! I shoulda known that!

Old 07-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #78
audrypayne
We all know that Kelly & Troy are reading these posts. They can go online at any library. And we'd never know. It would show up as guest on "Currently Active Users".
And yes, Michael, I'm a road warrior. If I think I'll do well, and it's reasonable distance, I'll go. I love all my reptiles, but I can't raise them all as pets. I've got the best of both worlds. I work at home(breeding), and I spend all my time doing what I really love. You've bought chameleons from me at a Kentucky show. You can't find animals as nice & healthy as mine without hatching them out yourself. It's not just the money, it's the love for the reptiles.
And for you Sherry, I really enjoyed your presentation. I have two 6ft. iguanas in my living room. Just pets. NO! I'll never let them breed. There's more to them than cute little green lizards. Everyone around here wants one until they find out what it actually takes to care for them($200-$300 just for the initial set-up). And few people are told that they can get so big.
When you get to the Daytona show, be sure to look for me. I'd love to talk to you some more.
Cricket

Old 07-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #79
Sherry Howell
I will definitely look you up. Thanks for the compliment about the presentations. I get motormouth when it comes to talking about the kids. It's more than a love...it's a passion for them.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #80
Michael Jacobi
This is a photo I took of my wife with that cute little hat-wearing sugar glider. I am posting it here because you will notice in the background the MAIN AISLE of the show. This photo was taken Saturday around noon. Pretty crowded place, huh?!?

Yes, Cricket, your chams are first rate. I also have the pleasure of doing nothing but breeding and caring for animals 24/7/365. I just don't quite have the love for traveling to sell them that you do!

Sherry, I did hear your talk from a distance and there was nothing more important all weekend. Too bad there weren't more ears to hear it. I quit python breeding years ago because of my belief that few people are capable or qualified to own them (the "biggins"). I also have preached against iguanas as pets for over 20 years. (Although right now I am boarding a big male for a friend that is the sweetest thing you can imagine - as soon as you open his cage door he closes his eyes in preparation for being scratched and pet like a dog! He even seems to enjoy me picking off dead skin. His cage is 6' high and 3' x 4', but that's not even close to how large it should be. I always feel like pouncing upon the vendors at shows selling these great lizards to beginners for 10 bucks.)
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread