The new Atlanta show schedule - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #31
OBES
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrypayne
I'm glad you did well. How many vendors were there? I didn't get to attend. I was in Pa.

Audry

Small vendor turnout.....but that equaled good business for me!! LOL How did you do in PA? You coming to Columbia?

Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #32
eric adrignola
Well, had it been his van, it wouldn't have been a bad thing (sorry
Tony!). It was his envoy. I think the world would be better off if Tony's
van was destroyed... I had to drive that thing to Atlanta, from Raleigh, 2
years ago... a 4 wheeled nightmare it is! The Envoy was relatively nice.
A shame.

Now, all Tony has left is the van. And there were people spreading
rumors That Tony used vendor table money from the May Raleigh show
to buy a new car - yeah, I wish. Anyone who's had to drive his van got
a kick out of that one.

We now know what caused the fire. Tony relayed to me, in confidence,
that some evidence has come to his attention strongly suggesting that the
party responsible for this act of arson is none other than Cathy Elroid
herself. For shame!

Old 12-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #33
JMExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric adrignola
Well, had it been his van, it wouldn't have been a bad thing (sorry
Tony!). It was his envoy. I think the world would be better off if Tony's
van was destroyed... I had to drive that thing to Atlanta, from Raleigh, 2
years ago... a 4 wheeled nightmare it is! The Envoy was relatively nice.
A shame.

Now, all Tony has left is the van. And there were people spreading
rumors That Tony used vendor table money from the May Raleigh show
to buy a new car - yeah, I wish. Anyone who's had to drive his van got
a kick out of that one.

We now know what caused the fire. Tony relayed to me, in confidence,
that some evidence has come to his attention strongly suggesting that the
party responsible for this act of arson is none other than Cathy Elroid
herself. For shame!

You have gotta be kidding me?

Old 12-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #34
bigsnakedaddy
Something is rotten in Denmark. I think it is the overwhelming stench of your pathetic attempt to place blame once again for the lack of foresight and the inability to own up to ones own failures that causes pinocchio to enlist the actions of the unwitting and the stupid to voice absurd accusations and unwarrented slander. Why don't you and pinococchio both take time to put your collective crack pipes down and take a deep breath......Pinocchio has long been short on substance and long on nonsense. His lies and insinuations are believeable only by those who don't get it and those that get it wrong. A retraction by you would be advisable although you have now made a complete idiot of yourself on this forum. Shame on you young man. The failure of the past three pinocchio shows has been a result of poor planning and organization not to mention a lifestyle of self destruction. Poor decisions followed by yet more poor decisions and nothing more are the reason things for pinocchio have gone spiraling out of control. I have tried for years to help Top Cat only to be lied to and stabbed in the back for my troubles and help. Should one be driving a vehicle without a valid driver's license and tags for lo these years now. Sympathy to a degree yes, defend an indefendable position, never! There were reportedly 23 vendors at the Atlanta show and approx `1200 attendees this past weekend. The whole circus surrounding the lack of attention to detail to this show ensured the poor public/vendor response. The only sabotage was by the key player through personal inadequacies and poor financial management. I could write a book with the knowledge I have on Top Cat and the total disarray that is now normal operating procedure for this once proud promoter.....There are many recent sins that need to be atoned for by this operation as a whole and if you were indeed told that "in confidence" wink/lol...Then why did you feel the need to share unsubstantiated accusations that were supposed to be revealed to no one? This is again yet another failed attempt to blame another for the failures that most assuredly are within house where they should have been kept. Shame on you young man if you are a willing participant in this masquerade/this charade of shame. If you consider the damage of your accusations you would be lucky not to find yourself defending them in a court of law instead of the court of public opinion. Frankly I am suprised and very disappointed in your post. I am sure that others will be justifiably outraged........

Old 12-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #35
JuliusSqueezer
OMG! LOL That's too funny. Tony told me Fri when we were setting up that he had a car fire. I made the crack JOKINGLY that Cathy probably put a car bomb in his car. He laughed. I laughed...IT WAS A JOKE. I'm guessing when he relayed in confidence to you the same joke...you were probably supposed to laugh but didn't get it or took it serious.

anyway...I thought the turn out was good considering all the venue change and date change that went on last minute. The low vendor turnout rocked for me as I was the only vendor there selling handling equipment..so I had a little monopoly going and took full advantage of my cornered market.

My only complaint for the show..is the same complaint that I have for every show I've ever been to regarless of who's promoting it. Vendors leaving before 5pm. People paid to get in. The show is advertised till 5pm Sunday. I don't care who would rather be where when things start getting slow towards the end. It's not fair to the people who are still there and it's not fair to the show promoter who has to field complaints that people are packing up and leaving at 3 pm. If I were promoting, I would figure a way to fine people for packing it in early unless the place just completely emptied out...perhaps hold a deposit of 100 bucks that they can collect back after 5 if they stay set up for the entire show...lose it if they don't without a valid excuse...anyway...just a suggestion. I'd love to see all the shows boom and everyone do well and less drama/feuding. It's a pretty big country and there's plenty of places and times for shows for everyone. I don't think bickering between promoters is professional or in anyone's best interest. Cathy probably grits her teeth that I did a Tony show...but the fact is, I was pretty well broke and may not have had the funds to go do her next show but I kicked butt and now I can...I was able to make Tony's show because of the money I made from Cathy's last show. So you see...there is no reason for anyone to pick one. Can't everyone get along and be more positive and supportive? This bad blood is starting to leave stains.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #36
audrypayne
Only around 1200 attendees? OMG! We had over 1500 at the one day(6hr) Hamburg show. And over 100 vendors. It was totally awesome! Eric, shame on you! Cathy burning TC's vehicle? Come on now, we all know that she's barely capable of lighting her own cigarettes.LOL
And she's offered to help him out even after all the BS. Arson would never be something she would do to ANYONE for any reason. And yes I'm doing the Ladson show. Two tables please. As for the Columbia show next month- well. Guess I'd better wait until we're sure that there will be one. Roark, I may have one hec of a prize to raffle. I would like the proceeds to go to the SHHS. We'll talk later on this.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #37
CJBianco
Yep! It was a Once Bitten Exotics shirt. I received it around 2:00 or so.

(I went to the OBE booth to choose my prize and started choosing everything behind the table that I could see -- animals, chairs, everything. Unfortunately you guys didn't agree with my rules on choosing. And I had to settle for a shirt.)

Thanks for the prize!

Chris

Old 12-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #38
bigsnakedaddy
No! No! A thousand times Noooooooooo! It is not a joke. It is as the author stated and let's not forget was given in confidence. A serious accusation that demands scrutiny and response. Not an infantile gloss over and Rodney King cover. One promoter has been on a mission to sabotage another's shows repeatedly with lies and malicious slander. This promoter does not get a mulligan any longer. The assaulted (Cathy) has tried numerous times both privately and publicly to get along. You can't please someone who invents reasons to hate others and needs a convenient scapegoat to avoid looking in the mirror. We have all agreed many times here to not try to unduly influence vendors/exhibitors to avoid other promotions. Only one has stayed the course of unbridled hate and relentlessly pursued war when peace was a better alternative. Check out that promoter's vendor newsletters and website material for all the negativity this industry can stand. That same promter violated the cease fire he begged me to obtain for him You won't find other promoter's trying to keep you from doing any shows but theirs, except for one, our beloved pinocchio. The sponsors and vendors are tired of pinocchio's machinations. Cathy is owed a very sincere apology by any involved with this most slanderous assassination of her character. This is not something to joke about and make light of. Reputations are being tarnished here and I for one will tolerate it no longer.. Any more nonsense out of Pinocchio's camp will result in many, many embarrassing facts being revealed in this forum. After all, after a constant diet of deceit the fine members of this forum deserve to have the truth they are so dedicated to placed in the open for all to see......

Old 12-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #39
JuliusSqueezer
It may not be a joke now but it was a joke and unfortunatly, I started it with Tony...just trying to make light of a bad situation. He KNEW I was joking and took it well. I even mentioned to Jason and Cathy in chat that I made the joke. They laughed too...and jokingly (I hope) called me a few names lol...Then today just after lunch Cathy called me to tell me about this thread. More laughter and she said she didn't care. Let them think what they want or say what they want. She can prove her whereabouts. I just wanted to let people know that what I said to Tony was all in a joking manner with absolutely no smidgeon of a thought that Cathy could or would ever do such a thing. I knew it was a joke and Tony knew it was a joke. What Tony did with it when he got off with his own...who knows? I really don't believe though that Tony is blaming Cathy for his car fire. He probably just can't tell a joke as well as I can. Tony asked me why I hadn't been doing any of his shows before. He never knocked Cathy to me or her shows...he just asked why I hadn't done any of his shows. I've just started doing shows is why and this was the first one I could make. It was here in Atlanta where I live. Overall I was pleased with it. It could have been a lot better but it wasn't bad considering. Will I do another Tony show? yeah, till he gives me personal reason not to. Will I continue doing Cathy shows...or whoever is behind this Ladson show? of course ..as long as people will have me, I'll be there with bells on every chance I get. I really hope I can just sell my snakehooks and stuff and not have to deal with the drama or pick sides. I consider Cathy a dear friend. I'd do anything for her and her family and I think they would always be there for me if I needed them. I don't know Tony on a personal level. I had to ask someone who he was when I was about to set up friday night. He knows though that I'm Cathy's friend and I didn't get beat up for it at all. I wondered if I was going to be stuck back in a deep dark corner lol...but I had primo location and couldn't have been happier. I have been to several of his shows here in Atlanta and some in Raleigh as a guest and only vended at one of the Raleigh shows before this but not at my own tables...I was helping friends at theirs. I've always had a good time and have gotten to know a lot of good people. I've gotten to know some more good people at Cathy's shows. Some faces are the same at both promoter's shows...some are different. I guess maybe I just don't want to give up on anyone just yet ...kinda like I want to have my cake and eat it too. I always thought that was the stupidest cliche'. I mean, cmon..why would anyone want cake they don't want to eat? Is there really a point to that?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #40
CJBianco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
...kinda like I want to have my cake and eat it too. I always thought that was the stupidest cliche'. I mean, cmon..why would anyone want cake they don't want to eat? Is there really a point to that?
The real wording is "EAT your cake and HAVE it too." [Meaning that you can not EAT your cake now and still HAVE/SAVE it for later.]

In case you cared...

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!