The new Atlanta show schedule - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #61
audrypayne
Maybe now he can take his insurance check & use the van as a trade-in. I can picture him standing by the interstate freaking out! Not the makings for a good day.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #62
ssith
don't you people realize what is happening here ?? you are at each others throats over a simple joke ... you normally would chuckle and go have a beer ... but no .. now something sinister and dark has clouded your reason .... you laughed at my last post .... you thought it was funny and original .... now you know that the events that transpired that black night were indeed true ...... you are pawns in a deadly serious game of confusion and mist .... puppets of the mistress of despair and deceit ..... you will spiral into a vortex of recrimination and retribution from which there is no return ....
you are at the mercy of the witch-queen ...she who stalks the gloaming with malice for all .... she who goes by the name of cath ... what was that noise ??
arggggggggggggggggggggggggggg .............

Old 12-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #63
audrypayne
Lee, you've been watching way too much TV.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 PM   #64
JMExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by audrypayne
Lee, you've been watching way too much TV.

I think he needs to lay off the drugs...........

Old 12-06-2005, 11:31 PM   #65
JMExotics
or maybe get on them?

Old 12-06-2005, 11:36 PM   #66
JuliusSqueezer
So did Cathy really burn up Tony's car or what? I bet Cricket had something to do with it too.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #67
JMExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
So did Cathy really burn up Tony's car or what? I bet Cricket had something to do with it too.

Of course she did! I would like to know how she got away long enough from her famly to do this with out us knowing! Shes got those magick powers Lee is trying to tell you all about.... HE SEEN IT!

Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 AM   #68
audrypayne
I didn't want to be involved, Brett. But you were holding that gun up to my head & made me help YOU do it. I guess that's why you tried to convince Tony that Cathy did it You were trying to throw the suspicion off yourself. And didn't I catch you & Monica entering that hotel room while Jason was at work?

Old 12-07-2005, 09:09 AM   #69
JuliusSqueezer
He wasn't at work. He was in the closet with the video camera. He's selling copies on ebay for 50 bucks as quick as he can post them.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #70
JuliusSqueezer
I've decided that everyone here...Jason, Monica, Cricket, Roark, Cathy, Eric, Tony...not Danny though...Danny is cool...needs an anger management course...or at least watch the movie. If nothing else, it's a good excuse to pop some popcorn.

Here's a little something to ponder...I think all this rooting and cheering for Tony's shows to fail is counterproductive. People that go to shows don't care and usually don't even know who is promoting the show. If the show sucks, it can kill the whole town/area for anyone. I have seen this many times back in my photography traveling studio days when glamour shots was still cool. I used to go around the country to malls where there was no glamour shots, set up for a weekend and make a bundle. Other photographers start trickling into my action, providing sorry service and horrible photography and made it tough on those of us running a tight ship to even get back in some of the malls let alone get customers to come in. So, instead of trying to turn vendors against Cathy or against Tony, I think it would be more business savy to try and make all the shows do well. Helping promote each other's shows sounds like shooting yourself in the foot, but it really isn't in the long haul. If someone goes to Greenville and really enjoys the show, and they hear a couple of months later that there is a Spartanburg show, they will be more apt to go check it out too hoping for at least more of the same. If Tony's shows continue doing poorly or leaving bad tastes in anyone's mouth, it's going to hurt everyone. You may not realize it now, but you NEED his shows to go well if they are going to go at all. You aren't going to harrass him into quitting any more than he's going to harrass Cathy or Roark or anyone from quitting. Mudslinging is unprofessional. Everytime Tony hits a snag with one of his venues...you guys are hitting every forum opening threads announcing that as of so and so so and so...Tony doesn't have this or that locked down...you know what I'm talking about. It's like a pack of wolves. I'm starting to sound like a liberal Tony lover here I know but I'm just trying to look at things objectively. I really enjoy the down to earth atmostphere at Cathy's shows...the before and after hours hanging out.. I don't get any of that with Tony's shows. Everyone comes and goes in a kinda funk right now. I know that he's shot his own foot off a few times in all of this and if he drops out someday it could very well be from his own doings. Nothing much we can do about that. But we could stop mudslinging and stop driving wedges in with other vendors with all the gossip and trash talk and while this may sound unsavory and even stupid to some of you..Help Tony's shows do better so your shows will do better too. Why do you think GM helps out the smaller manufacturers all the time? Business is funny in that when a segment of any business fails, the hurt falls on the whole market, not just locally. Please think about this before you jump on your responses. A little friendly rivalry can be fun and add a bit of flair...but this constant trashing of the competition / holy war has got to stop or it will destroy the entire show market for everyone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!