The new Atlanta show schedule - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #81
JMExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCReptiles
Brett, you are way off man. The show failed miserably. It seems most venders sold well. That is because the base population followed these sites and found there way there. They came to buy and not to look. Let me ask you something, did you pay Tony a commission on what you sold? Neither did any other vendors. He makes his money solely on what you paid for the tables and what those people paid to get thru the door. He paid over $9k just to rent the room. Add on the other expenses. Are you under the impression that he made money? No brother, that show was a bomb, and it was his third bomb in a row. He lost big in Greenville and Atlanta. Columbus has always been my favorite show, and I hope it continues to be next month, but if this one is another financial bomb for the promoter, I think he will be forced out of this business. I do not know the man’s financial position, but since he lost 2 Atlanta venues for non-payment, and only made payment to Greenville at the last minute, it seems he is having problems. He can not continue to operate in the red. I defended the man early on during the Atlanta fiasco; I thought he was a good man, stuck in a bad situation. But now I think he is a dishonest man, whose arrogance has finally caught up with him. Did he put up big numbers with his early shows? Well, yes…you can not deny that. But the only thing he did right was be on the edge. He was the only market. His numbers were not big because he was a great promoter, they were big cause he had the only show. He is under the incorrect impression that he is a promoting genius. Letting Roark go was a foolish move. Absolutely stupid! Refusing Cathy’s offer to end this bickering and sending her a profanity laden email was idiotic. After the GA Herp Society bailed on him, I offered to do a set up for him. He brushed me off like I was a grammar school kid with a garter snake. His arrogance offended me, and would never again offer to do anything to help the man. And the people I afore mentioned probably feel the same way. It actually bothers me that I have to pay to get in the door of his show, cause I feel like that supports someone I do not care for. But to see my friends, it is a necessary evil. For his Columbia show last year, I rented a van and took members from my herp society to the show, I think I brought 9 total, but I can assure you I will not do that this year, or for any other show I know he is promoting. And I sick of everyone saying, oh I wish him well, he treated me and others like we are beneath him, and I wish him nothing but the worst. I hope he continues to lose money and drops out of show promotion all together, so someone else can take up this circuit and I will not fill bitterness in the pits of my stomach when I pay to go thru the door.

Well said! Atleast some people get it. Really She has tried to work with him, all she gets is bashing from him on his website, newsletters, and emails. The best thing for the shows would be for him to get out.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #82
audrypayne
Brett, you call yourself Cathy's friend, but yet you make it look like she's so evil. What about all the crap that was put on his website for everyone to view? I guess you thought that was all right. I have never read any post by Cathy laughing at him. Nor has she written anything that was untrue. As a matter of fact, she sat back & took his $hit for months. You can only kick a dog so many times before it bites you. She's had lies, lies, & more lies posted about her. It's about d@mned time she stood up for herself. All she's guilty of is trying to put on a show that would keep vendors & attendees happy. Who tried to vandalize her shows? Who kept posting all the lies & BS about her. I honestly think that it was time for her to expose the real deal between them. Long overdue. She has tried both publicly & privately to call a truce with him. Yet he emails her back with vicious cursing? Go ahead Brett. Make another excuse about that too. Wake up man. Have you bumped your head lately? I'm worried about you. I personally wish the best for her & Tony. And I do wish the crap would stop. I love doing the shows. BOTH Cathy's & Tony's. And to Chuck-yes, having a venomoid presentation is stupid. Roark's the man. Mohr needs to go feed his cornsnakes.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:17 PM   #83
reptiles world
brett, enough is enough. Tony is the one that started this and Cathy did try to get along with him. JM exotics and audry do not talk for Cathy, they are just not able to stand by and watch Tony abuse her. And that is what he did. He has done this before to promoters. He attacked Alex when he left him. And by the way Tony's shows started going down hill once Alex left. He attacked Repticon when they 1st started. Do we see a pattern here. I have seen him argue with a vendor at the last Tampa show over Cathy. He was calling her the most offensive name you could think of. And telling this vendor that if he did Cathy's show he could not do his any more. I was so happy when I saw that vendor at Cathy's next show.
I will tell you Tony's problem, his shows were good until Alex left. Now he knows that he can not compete with the other promoters, so he has to call them names and lie about them to venders. Next he will be attacking Upper-works and Roark over the Charleston show.
Tony,
You can still do right. apologize to all the promoters and vendors you have wronged right here right know.
Clean up your act. We all know you need help. Listen to the people close to you.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #84
audrypayne
What surprised me the most, was the amount of people at Cathy's show that wanted to vend under a different name. How can breeders & businesses be so intimidated by someone that they're afraid to have their real name mentioned on her website, for fear of being banned from the other show? That's BS! Just plain BS.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #85
JuliusSqueezer
I've never read any of the trash talk mentioned above on tony's website. I do believe you though. And I think that is unprofessional and damaging to the overall market to everyone and probably a large contributer to his show's problems. All I said was the bickering needs to stop and more positive input from both sides would be more productive. I never singled out either side and even made it a point to state that I was speaking equally to both sides. And no Cricket, I did not bump my head. I do have a headache though.

Chuck, no offense bro...although with your ego, I'm sure you will get offended anyway, but your handling and mentoring scares the hell out of me. I don't think I'd want you doing a public show with my name attached either nor would I ever want you teaching my kid anything.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #86
reptiles world
brett, you did seem to single out Cathy. But just maybe you did not have the whole story. But I was surprised when the webslave backed you up. He should stay out of it until the whole story is out there. And Jeff Mohr you might as well call yourself Tony"s boy. remember if he can't fix himself,your alone. Everyone will remember how you backed up his lies and in doing so hurt other venders and promoters. Stop making yourself look bad and tell the truth about all this. And please stop using venomoids. You look very careless handling them on stage. You give the wrong impression to kids that it is easy to handle venomous snakes. You might as well cool them down to handle them. Better yet if you can't do a lecture with a real live unaltered snake than don't do one at all.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #87
JuliusSqueezer
Well, here's the thing. I don't go chasing this drama stuff between the promoters down. Now and then Cathy posts threads on some sites I frequent and that's all of this I ever get. I talk to Cathy fairly regularly and talk to Jason and Monica on chat nearly daily. I never talk to Tony and never see any of his rants...because I don't go looking for them. I just came to this thread because Cathy called me and told me about it after Eric posted about the car fire thing and I felt somewhat responsible for making the joke to Tony at his show. SO anyway, If I seem to be attacking Cathy, I'm not. She's busting her butt to make her shows work out and I fully intend to stick with her at every show she does that I can crawl my tired old bones to. It's just that I've seen this public bickering with rival companies before and it's always led to bad times for all. Imagine back in the day if Dave Thomas from Wendys went on TV and ranted and raved about what a back stabbing, liar Ray Crock was. And then Ray Crock got on TV and said that Dave Thomas beats his wife and forced poor people to sell their land for cheap so he could build more burger joints. Do you think this kinda crap would help anyone sell hamburgers?

Old 12-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #88
JuliusSqueezer
About the webslave backing me up...I was surprised too...check my warning level. He hates my guts lol. I think what he was backing up though was my call for the bickering to end and my statement that it's just not good for the reptile show business. I don't know who started it. I don't care who started it. None of that can be taken back or changed. It simply needs to stop. It's not professional. Anyone with an ounce of buisness sense knows better. If a show is going to happen, it's to everyone in the best interest of anyone in the business anywhere near that market for that show to do well for the sake of future shows in that area.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #89
reptiles world
your correct. but we can not let Tony keep on doing this. Cathy will sit down and talk to Tony any time. But he wont. All I am asking is for Tony to came forward and end this. I wish Tony nothing but good things, but we can not let him keep attacking promoters and vendors with out a fight. As long as he continues it will end up hurting everyone.

Old 12-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #90
reptiles world
I do not thing the webslave is worried about the shows. He lives for this. This site would be worthless without this stuff. So can someone tell us way he backed you up?
Could it be that he was not backing you up but backing Tony up?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!