UPDATE on riddle snow. And some other pics. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
snared99
UPDATE on riddle snow. And some other pics.

Here are some updated pics of the snow that is a little bit of a riddle. He is almost 2 months old and around 15 grams and still no spots, just that solid grey. The second gecko is a super we hatched from the same pairing that is now 3 weeks old. The super is very dark with the only pattern being that faint stripe, he does have solid black eyes unlike the first snow pictured. He has that classic stripe, but no spotting yet. And the last pic is my favorite hatchling so far, a full raptor hatched out a few weeks ago.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
bro paul
Those are all so cool Pat! Looks like all your geckos are seriously lacking pattern...but that's a good thing! I really like that raptor. Does he have two full red eyes? And it looks like the snow projects are getting some pretty interesting and mysterious results!

Old 04-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #3
snared99
yup that baby RAPTOR has 2 full red eyes. Awsome little guys, was quite a surprise. He came from a RAPTOR with one red eye and a poss. RAPTOR het.

Old 04-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
LeosForLess
Wow your geckos are great! Still no clue as to what the guy is, but cant wait to see! The raptor is the coolest though!!

Old 04-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
groovygeckos
Im not sure the first one is a Mack at all. It is most likely a Blizzard, and there is still that 25% chance, a normal can hatch from co-dom X co-dom. It is odd to me that he/she has the light dorsal stripe. Im not sure if Blizzards have those, but could be wrong.

Now you can just breed its father to a Blizzard, to find that out, then just see if the Mack Blizzards are like that one.

They are very nice I like the Super, and the RAPTOR the most though.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #6
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
Im not sure the first one is a Mack at all. It is most likely a Blizzard, and there is still that 25% chance, a normal can hatch from co-dom X co-dom. I
I've had that same thought all along, it doesn't sure any difference from a normal blizzard and I'd suspect a mack snow blizzard would.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #7
snared99
Well since no one really knows yet we are in the process to test those genes now and we will see if it is a normal blizzard or codom. Either way it is nice to know the snows here are het blizzard. It has a blizzard appearance but way too dark to be a regular blizzard, possibly midnight. The kick off for me is the all white stomach that leads me to go alittle more towards codom blizzard. The midnight blizzards tend to have a dark color all around.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #8
groovygeckos
Quote:
Either way it is nice to know the snows here are het blizzard.
Oh yeah!

Good luck with them.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #9
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99
Well since no one really knows yet we are in the process to test those genes now and we will see if it is a normal blizzard or codom. Either way it is nice to know the snows here are het blizzard. It has a blizzard appearance but way too dark to be a regular blizzard, possibly midnight. The kick off for me is the all white stomach that leads me to go alittle more towards codom blizzard. The midnight blizzards tend to have a dark color all around.
Steve at geckosetc produced some snow blizzard last year I saw them myself at the NARBC but not as hatchlings. They where very clean white leos not having a grey or purple look to them like many blizzards although they didn't seem as white as the best blazing blizzards I've seen. Maybe steve could show a pic of a baby mack snow blizzard...

Old 04-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #10
Gregg M
Looks like a normal blizzard to me..... it is very nice but not too dark to be a normal blizzard.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!