Petsmart Albino - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
lizardsister2
Petsmart Albino

Okay, this weekend I bought a juvenile albino at Petsmart. Usually I don't buy animals there. But this one was priced at $50 bucks even though he has a beautiful pattern (pretty clean stripe developing in the middle). He had no retained shed and a pretty fat tail for his age so I took the risk. He's eating like a fiend and I'm very happy with him/her, but now I need more info. The guy at the store even had me reach in to get him out because he has so little experience with them so he had no idea what type of albino this is or where it came from (looked to be about 19 years old). Down the line when I'm using this one as a breeder that could make a pretty big difference. Does anyone know who supplies Petsmart with their leopard geckos or which type of albino this is more likely to be. I'd post pics, but I don't think you can tell much. He/she is still just a couple of months old and I don't think you can dependably tell the different forms apart by looking anyway. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
bro paul
Kara - A picture may help. I think Petsmart usually has Bells or Trempers...but I wouldn't be able to give you much info with out a picture.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
lizardsister2
Okay, I'll do my best and try to get a picture up. Taking one tonight shouldn't be too difficult but figuring out how the heck I post it may be different. I am deeply technologically challenged.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
techgirl
the petsmart and petco by me have a variety of morphs. i have seen blizzards, shtct, shtctb, tremper albinos, jungles and normals. it's actually how i got my 3 (1 was a x-mas present and the other 2 were rescues from the stores themselves calling me). a picture would definitely help.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
techgirl
oops sorry i didn't limit myself to the albino strain. bells and trempers i've definitely seen there as well

Old 04-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
GeckoStud
Yeah sometimes i will go into a petsmart or a petco with some beautiful animals, well kept, etc etc. But other times... *shudder* I actually got a nice little tang from one exceptionally great petco a while back.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
SirKevin
I have a really nice hypo tang that I got at a Pet Mart around this time last year, I should be breeding her soon.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #8
lizardsister2
pics of albino

Okay, sorry for being a technological idiot but how do I post pics here? I tried but I don't think it worked out right.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #9
lizardsister2
Okay, never mind. I guess it did work out right. It told me there was an error, but then it attached them anyway, very weird. Anyway, the first one is the albino in question if anyone can identify it for me, and I threw the second one in just for fun. It's the blizzard I got at the same time, also $50.00. I really lucked out.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #10
bro paul
I can't be 100% sure from that angel, but I'm thinkin it's a Bell albino. The small brown speckles on the neck and tail are pretty characteristic of the Bells. Does he/she also have small brown freckles on her bottom jaw? A side/profile shot (showing her eyes) would help, too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!