What morph is this leopard gecko ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
surena
Question What morph is this leopard gecko ?

I got this leopard gecko from the store, and it was labeled Tangerine albino. I wanted to confirm that. I have also seen a morph called Tangelo that I think this gecko is very close too or can possibly be.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
Jeremy Letkey
It looks to be a nice Tremper albino. Tangerine refers to the coloring, which can be view as different colors by different people. Plus cpu monitors can affect coloring as well. If it is of an orange (tangerine) hue then I would say it is a Tangerine Tremper albino.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Stephies_Leos
I agree with Jeremy she has great color but she looks on the skinny side. Did you buy her from a reputable pet store? If not I would quarantine and have a fecal done. She may be just underfed too. Better safe than sorry.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephies_Leos
I agree with Jeremy she has great color but she looks on the skinny side. Did you buy her from a reputable pet store? If not I would quarantine and have a fecal done. She may be just underfed too. Better safe than sorry.

I agree.. looks like a normal albino, but also thin. fatten that baby up ^_^

Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
surena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephies_Leos
I got him from a reputable pet store, but they had just bought him from someone else a few days before, so I'm not sure how the previous owner kept him. He seems to be eating ok. I am also going to give him a little de-wormer just to be on the safe side. He looks like he could be huge if he was feed well. He is very long. The reason I thought that he could possibly be a Tangerine albino is that he has a lot of orange on his legs compared to my other Tremper albino. I need to get a better picture of the spots that looks orange. Since he is a male, he has been kept by himself. I'm getting him fattened up for breeding in couple of months.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
Stephies_Leos
He has beautiful tangerine color and I love the orange spots on his head ! He will be handsome when you get him fattened up ! Congrats !

Old 10-13-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
Golden Gate Geckos
Actually, I don't think it looks like a normal albino at all! Photos can be deceiving, but it looks like there is quite a bit of striped carrot-tail, and the spotty areas appear to 'line up"... so I'm going to guess it's an APTOR (Albino Patternless Tremper ORange). Also, APTOR's tend to look long and lean. It's a Tremper for sure, and a very pretty one!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #8
surena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
Actually, I don't think it looks like a normal albino at all! Photos can be deceiving, but it looks like there is quite a bit of striped carrot-tail, and the spotty areas appear to 'line up"... so I'm going to guess it's an APTOR (Albino Patternless Tremper ORange). Also, APTOR's tend to look long and lean. It's a Tremper for sure, and a very pretty one!
When I first saw him at the store I also thought that he was an APTOR. I told the seller that and he didn't really know what they were, and he didn't really look like any of the Trempers I have, so I thought I post it here and get other peoples opinion. Is there away for me to take another shot to be able to get a better picture of if he could be an APTOR or something else ? what part of his body do I need to take a close picture of ?

And he looks much prettier in person than in those pictures. I think his body temp was a little cool when I took those picture so the colors aren’t really showing

Old 10-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

That is a georgeous tangerine gecko you have there! That is not a common color, is it?

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!