2 babies in 1 egg - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-28-2008, 01:35 AM   #11
Dragon Cocktails
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCREPTILES
So far there are 6 single babies 10 eggs that were twins and 13 more eggs to hatch All are doing great
Did I read this correct, You have 10 sets of twins? wow

Old 03-28-2008, 07:15 AM   #12
Carolina Reptiles
Two Headed Baby Bearded Dragon

Yes probably more now but havent counted since i got the shock of checking the eggs and finding a 2 headed baby this morning!!!!! Ill post some pictures.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:31 AM   #13
Valley Dragons
OMG,OMG! How is the little two-headed one doing? That is so cool!

Jamie

Old 03-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
Carolina Reptiles
He/She Two Headed is doing great!! Getting active. It will be on local news tonight at 5pm. Check out WXII NEWS CHANNEL 12, NORTH CAROLINA website at: http://www.wxii12.com/index.html

Also, I am looking for a great mythology greek name to name it. There are several greek mythological names for double headed creatures. Anyone want to throw in some suggestions??

Also here is what I found From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Polycephaly is the condition of having more than one head. The term is derived from the stems poly- meaning 'many' and kephal- meaning "head", and encompasses bicephaly and dicephaly (both referring to two-headedness). A variation is an animal born with two faces on a single head, a condition known as diprosopus. In medical terms these are all congenital cephalic disorders.

There are many occurrences of multi-headed animals, in real life as well as in mythology. In heraldry and vexillology, the double-headed eagle is a common symbol, though no such animal is known to have ever existed.

Bicephalic or tricephalic animals are the only type of multi-headed creatures seen in the real world and form by the same process as conjoined twins: they all result from the secondary union of two originally separate monozygotic embryonic disks. One extreme example of this is the condition of craniopagus parasiticus, whereby a fully developed body has a parasitic twin head joined at the skull.

I am very intersted in doing scientific efforts on this matter. Any ideas???

Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #15
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Wow that is alot of sets of twins. I hope that they will do well. Are you going to post pictures of them so we can see how small they are? They have to be extremely tiny.

Tracie

Old 03-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCREPTILES
He/She Two Headed is doing great!! Getting active. It will be on local news tonight at 5pm. Check out WXII NEWS CHANNEL 12, NORTH CAROLINA website at: http://www.wxii12.com/index.html

Also, I am looking for a great mythology greek name to name it. There are several greek mythological names for double headed creatures. Anyone want to throw in some suggestions??

Also here is what I found From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Polycephaly is the condition of having more than one head. The term is derived from the stems poly- meaning 'many' and kephal- meaning "head", and encompasses bicephaly and dicephaly (both referring to two-headedness). A variation is an animal born with two faces on a single head, a condition known as diprosopus. In medical terms these are all congenital cephalic disorders.

There are many occurrences of multi-headed animals, in real life as well as in mythology. In heraldry and vexillology, the double-headed eagle is a common symbol, though no such animal is known to have ever existed.

Bicephalic or tricephalic animals are the only type of multi-headed creatures seen in the real world and form by the same process as conjoined twins: they all result from the secondary union of two originally separate monozygotic embryonic disks. One extreme example of this is the condition of craniopagus parasiticus, whereby a fully developed body has a parasitic twin head joined at the skull.

I am very intersted in doing scientific efforts on this matter. Any ideas???
Orthus comes to mind...

Old 03-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #17
Carolina Reptiles
Here is a video of the twins I just took, will be adding a video of the two headed soon. My husband went to setup it up a seperate cage:

Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #18
melindaste
That is a lot of twins. I hope they all do well. I hope the two headed one does well also.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #19
Carolina Reptiles
Here is the link to our local news. How humorous, the reporter states "Woman Not Sure Which Head To Feed" LOL

http://www.wxii12.com/news/15734050/detail.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!