F2 Dunners! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #31
KelliH
So is there any new or pertinent information about this morph? Are they strong and do they thrive in captivity? Has it been determined if there is a "super form yet? I'm considering investing in some but am still on the fence about these. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #32
Jela's Phat Phibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
So is there any new or pertinent information about this morph? Are they strong and do they thrive in captivity? Has it been determined if there is a "super form yet? I'm considering investing in some but am still on the fence about these. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
By far (in my opinion) the coolest thing going in the dragon world at the moment!! These things just have to be experienced in person to be appreciated. They are just beastly and knarly with their huge feet and hands and their crazy scalation.

Outcrossing is definitely proving beneficial to the morph thus far.

No attempts at a super yet as the few that are working with the morph feel it's too soon and we don't want to compromise genetics/health.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #33
mikepanzarella
thats a good question i would also like to know what makes a dunner

Old 12-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #34
Jela's Phat Phibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepanzarella View Post
thats a good question i would also like to know what makes a dunner
CJ (DNA Dragons) already touched on this earlier in the thread. Per CJ's earlier post...

"A dunner is a mutation, not a combination of two mutations. It started with one single animal with a glitch in it's DNA that made it look different (striping of tail, odd scalation), and from there, the same differences passed onto it's offspring. It is a proven-dominate mutation."

Old 12-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #35
mikepanzarella
yeah i was on page 2 when i posted that thought i was on page 4 lol my mistake but i still dont see dunner listed at a morph guess its still too new
thanks

Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #36
Cache Reptiles
As has already been stated, these guys are absolutely amazing and don't act any different than any other dragon! I can't wait to see what the future holds for the "dunner" morph!

Old 02-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
Bearded Ambitions
Im not a fan of the leather dunners. Not only is the pattern cool but im all about the scale formation this is going to be an amazing thing to see if supers are possable. I myself am intrerested in trans dunners.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #38
carlriech
dunner

so its not 2 of a certain dragon its of a mutation or something gone wrong in a gene that makes it a dunner and how would i know if its a dunner does the striping of the tail happen everytime or are there cases where something else makes it a dunner

Old 02-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #40
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlriech View Post
so its not 2 of a certain dragon its of a mutation or something gone wrong in a gene that makes it a dunner and how would i know if its a dunner does the striping of the tail happen everytime or are there cases where something else makes it a dunner
Nothing went wrong, animals change naturally over time, new mutations occur to ensure the survival of a specie. When they happen in captivity, we call it a mutation, in the wild, its "rapid" evolution at the mercy of natural selection.

The pattern is variable, from dragon to dragon, and dunner to dunner. Some dunners have stripes, some have dashes, and some have circles. Who knows what else is in store?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!