How to Find Out Who Voted for the Python Ban? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
pakinjak
How to Find Out Who Voted for the Python Ban?

My apologies if this is already been asked and answered, but is there a one stop shop where we can all find which of our elected officials voted for the Python Ban and which ones didn't? I'd like very much to find out and let them know that I will certainly not be voting for them to stay in office.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakinjak View Post
My apologies if this is already been asked and answered, but is there a one stop shop where we can all find which of our elected officials voted for the Python Ban and which ones didn't? I'd like very much to find out and let them know that I will certainly not be voting for them to stay in office.
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe that ANYONE in Congress voted for this. It was merely made into a rule by FWC and then published in the Federal Register in order to make it law.

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken...

Old 01-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
pakinjak
Well, that would explain why I can't find out who voted for it. I'd guess you are less mistaken than me... I'm not very informed on how the whole thing went down, just that it did.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
as far as I understand it, that is correct. That is the reason they went for the rule change instead of bill or law, because they tried to pass those bills in the past but were not able to get them through because of public outcry.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
pakinjak
I'm dealing with the same thing in the EPA RRP lead law. It's disturbing to me that we have a system where laws can be passed by people who aren't in place by the voting public. Sure, call it a mandate if you want, but if they can fine me almost $40k for not using duct tape right it sure feels like a law.

Feel free to direct me to a thread or link, but when we are pushing for it to get overturned are we asking congress to step in?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
Bennett3203
Stop the Python Ban:

I'm not an expert on this subject by any means but I listened to Andrew Wyatt from USARK talk on reptile radio. The show aired Janaury 25th, 2012 and if you haven't heard it yet you might be able to find it online. Bottom line of the show was it's too late for petitions, calling your states representative, and finding celebrities to back our side. At this point a federal lawsuit is the only thing that could stop the Python Ban. The cost of such a lawsuit is $150,000 and USARK needs donations now if they are to move forward with the lawsuit to stop the ban. You can donate as little as $10 at USARK.org and if all the outraged reptile lovers like me donate what they can we should be able to help USARK raise the money no problem. Many large breeders are contributing over a $1,000 or holding auctions to help support USARK now but everyone is going to have to help with what they can afford if we are to have any chance of reversing this ban. USARK is the reason that only 4 species are on the ban and they proved that the science provided regarding pythons was not science at all. Talking to these people that want constrictors banned is a waste of time in my opinion. The leaders of the group know it's false science because they're the ones that paif for it. Please donate to USARK.org and spread the word to others so USARK can continue the fight that's been going on for over 10 years! Thx for reading!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!