Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #11
amercnwmn
Diana..you have to be a member of the forum, apparently.

It's my understanding it's the same misinformation that Ashley spread from the get-go.

I want to clarify something for those who might be reading and haven't read the whole thread in it's entirety:

A) Pythons don't die faster than boas from IBD.
Originally when IBD made it's appearance in the 90s it affected primarily Pythons.
It's changed over to Boas, and has even shown present in Bothriechis marchii and Colubrids.
Now that being said, I will quote my supporting EVIDENCE from Dr. Jacobson who is CURRENTLY studying this..even though it's been posted already.
Quote:
To: "courtney"
Message contains attachments1 File (3013KB)
10 IBDReview JexoticPet.pdf

Regarding your questions, please read the attached recent paper that has come out.

For some reason the epidemiology of the disease has changed since first being recognized in the late 1970s.

At first it was seen in pythons and then shifted to boas.

We believe that boas are the natural host.

The number of python cases having IBD has declined and we do not know why. It is possible that there has been selection for resistant snakes. But we just do not know.

Boas continue to be a major problem.
Soo..there's that myth shot down..Now

B) Rachel was given advice to QT her snakes she got from Ashley and she did by someone who had knowledge of Ashley's collection.

After this thread was started, Elizabeth (who also received boas from Ashley) checked her snakes and found MITES. Not cause enough to blame Ashley, but it does stand to reason they were likely the host snakes.

Rachel then checked HER snakes which were ISOLATED from her other collections..Lo and behold, MITES.

Elizabeth HAS the bag the snakes came in, and there are DEAD MITES in it.

There were several instances of mites in Ashley's collection prior to this, and even Kyle had confronted Ashley about mites on his snakes on 2 occassions.

I think that's pretty damning evidence the mites originated from Ashley and she had a mite problem while selling her snakes.

C) LIES about snakes:

The Jampea Retic she got for free (shipping) sometime after May 13th
She turned around and listed it for sale for $300.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=735
She claimed it had terrible mouth rot, RI and lesions and was impossible to handle..
But had it listed for sale less than 10days after getting it stating it was in "excellent health" and was very easy to handle" and listed it as a 5x proven breeder, when it was only a 2x proven breeder.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=773

Ruby: 5-27-09
Quote:
She's had Ruby for like 4 years and she's always been a big healthy girl.
Then February 7, 2010
Quote:
considering the condition that ruby was in when I got her. very gross water, hadn't eaten in months, etc. I'm not too optimistic. lol

That's just a few of the lies:

Not to mention the pics of the BCL that died IN THE SAME ROOM with the others.
The fact she's had MORE than just the 3 deaths she's claimed and still refuses to acknowledge the other(s), or provide tests she claimed she could provide.

Tags
ibd