Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 114 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:39 AM   #1131
amercnwmn
Diana..you have to be a member of the forum, apparently.

It's my understanding it's the same misinformation that Ashley spread from the get-go.

I want to clarify something for those who might be reading and haven't read the whole thread in it's entirety:

A) Pythons don't die faster than boas from IBD.
Originally when IBD made it's appearance in the 90s it affected primarily Pythons.
It's changed over to Boas, and has even shown present in Bothriechis marchii and Colubrids.
Now that being said, I will quote my supporting EVIDENCE from Dr. Jacobson who is CURRENTLY studying this..even though it's been posted already.
Quote:
To: "courtney"
Message contains attachments1 File (3013KB)
10 IBDReview JexoticPet.pdf

Regarding your questions, please read the attached recent paper that has come out.

For some reason the epidemiology of the disease has changed since first being recognized in the late 1970s.

At first it was seen in pythons and then shifted to boas.

We believe that boas are the natural host.

The number of python cases having IBD has declined and we do not know why. It is possible that there has been selection for resistant snakes. But we just do not know.

Boas continue to be a major problem.
Soo..there's that myth shot down..Now

B) Rachel was given advice to QT her snakes she got from Ashley and she did by someone who had knowledge of Ashley's collection.

After this thread was started, Elizabeth (who also received boas from Ashley) checked her snakes and found MITES. Not cause enough to blame Ashley, but it does stand to reason they were likely the host snakes.

Rachel then checked HER snakes which were ISOLATED from her other collections..Lo and behold, MITES.

Elizabeth HAS the bag the snakes came in, and there are DEAD MITES in it.

There were several instances of mites in Ashley's collection prior to this, and even Kyle had confronted Ashley about mites on his snakes on 2 occassions.

I think that's pretty damning evidence the mites originated from Ashley and she had a mite problem while selling her snakes.

C) LIES about snakes:

The Jampea Retic she got for free (shipping) sometime after May 13th
She turned around and listed it for sale for $300.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=735
She claimed it had terrible mouth rot, RI and lesions and was impossible to handle..
But had it listed for sale less than 10days after getting it stating it was in "excellent health" and was very easy to handle" and listed it as a 5x proven breeder, when it was only a 2x proven breeder.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=773

Ruby: 5-27-09
Quote:
She's had Ruby for like 4 years and she's always been a big healthy girl.
Then February 7, 2010
Quote:
considering the condition that ruby was in when I got her. very gross water, hadn't eaten in months, etc. I'm not too optimistic. lol

That's just a few of the lies:

Not to mention the pics of the BCL that died IN THE SAME ROOM with the others.
The fact she's had MORE than just the 3 deaths she's claimed and still refuses to acknowledge the other(s), or provide tests she claimed she could provide.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #1132
sally-dog
Court, thanks for reiterating that important fact that pythons don't succumb faster to this disease. It is now a proven fact with Dr. Jacobson's paper, and the testimonial from Adrya, a person who is currently having IBD sweep through her collection. Adrya still has pythons ALIVE even though she has had deaths this year. If she wants to add more about her experiences involving the pythons specifically, she should. It would further enforce the information Dr. Jacobson published.

I would also like to point out to nay-sayers that one of the snakes Ashley had that died was a python. Everything in the necropsy indicated the animal could have died of a secondary respiratory infection caused by IBD. However, this animal does not seem to have been tested for it, judging by what info we have on that necropsy. Another member here uses the same lab for pathology and has even shared a report from the same company, of an animal that was actually tested for IBD. Ashley does not have that same information on her necropsy, indicating she did not test this animal for the disease, when it very well could have died from it.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #1133
Crypt keeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotik94 View Post
I stated the TRUTH in that thread...little boy. You ARE supporting the "thing" by even giving her the time of day to post how nice her retic is. You are giving compliments to a lying p.o.s. that could give a rats ass about the animals she keeps and sells.

You want to call stating FACTS drama..??? I call it looking out for other people reading that thread.
Since you are as delusional as they come, please little pal tell me where I complimented her in that thread? Do not sit here and make up lies. I simply said this thread isnt the time or place. Try not to place words in peoples mouthes then argue them. Not only does it make you look real smart, like eating glue smart my special little buddy, but also like a pathological liar. But hey keep up that good work. Maybe your master will give you a gold star for effort.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #1134
crotalusadamanteus
The subject is Ashley Caspillo and her possible IBD infested snakes. Not y'alls petty little girl squabbles.

Maybe if the mods started handing out a few warnings, people would get the hint.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #1135
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
Ashley does not have that same information on her necropsy, indicating she did not test this animal for the disease, when it very well could have died from it.
Ahh the "Case of the Missing Addendum".

One of those tests that all was required was a phone call to the vet/lab that performed the test to get the missing page that MIGHT have showed the results of the pathology. I find it convenient that's missing, and hasn't been a priority.
Still wondering about all the other "toxicology" reports she claims to have done. Even though PATHOLOGY would be the tests we'd need.

And yes, Adrya has lost more Boas than Pythons at this point, if I recall correctly.

The old "Pythons would be dead by now" and "Pythons die off faster than boas" was an antiquated Melissa Kaplan report from Anapsid based on the original manifestation of the disease.

That stuff is old news, and it would be WONDERFUL if people would realize it and try to at least spread the NEW and ACCURATE info, even though there's still a LOT that is UNKNOWN.

Anyone wanting to read more about IBD can check out Dr. Jacobson's paper he sent. I put it on Google Docs for anyone to reference. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...CMOEjJgK&hl=en

Old 01-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #1136
reticguy76
the problem with this whole ibd thing, is that nothing is in stone. dr. jacobson throughout his whole research time (which has been a good amount of time now), is using words like, we believe, we think, probably, etc.

the fact is, other forum posts/threads should not be in place here.

i can potentially see it on the forums where sales/trades/buys are allowed, the forum in question does not have a public sales section (or whatever one wants to refer to it as).

i personally do not see how stating that ashley has a nice lookin retic is in anyway promoting her and contradicting her representation in this thread. the forum in question is purely a site for people to post pics of their animals and learn and talk about breeding projects, etc. if she were trying to advertise her animals or people were trying to inquire about them or something along those lines, i can see where things would/should be different.

the fact is, all she did was post an update on here animal. its here, on this thread, on this site, where this stuff should be dealt with, stated, offered, etc.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #1137
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
the problem with this whole ibd thing, is that nothing is in stone. dr. jacobson throughout his whole research time (which has been a good amount of time now), is using words like, we believe, we think, probably, etc.

the fact is, other forum posts/threads should not be in place here.

i can potentially see it on the forums where sales/trades/buys are allowed, the forum in question does not have a public sales section (or whatever one wants to refer to it as).

i personally do not see how stating that ashley has a nice lookin retic is in anyway promoting her and contradicting her representation in this thread. the forum in question is purely a site for people to post pics of their animals and learn and talk about breeding projects, etc. if she were trying to advertise her animals or people were trying to inquire about them or something along those lines, i can see where things would/should be different.

the fact is, all she did was post an update on here animal. its here, on this thread, on this site, where this stuff should be dealt with, stated, offered, etc.
That paper and Adrya's experience pretty much go hand in hand with each other. I'll admit I shouldn't have used to word "fact", but that paper is the most up to date info we have to go on... at least until the virus is better studied.

Now, onto the part I've bolded:

Ashley is a well-known attention seeker. She THRIVES on attention given to her in threads she posts. She is STILL playing on forums and IGNORING this issue. She is looking for another place of acceptance and you can either accept her, and let her get comfortable there so she might do this to MORE people through th PM system (since there are no classifieds), or you can IGNORE her posts and make her go AWAY! She needs to spend her time fixing addressing the valid concerns here.

This is why a lot of us seem to be throttling her on other forums. She is NOT owning up to her responsibilities and it is pissing us off!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #1138
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
That paper and Adrya's experience pretty much go hand in hand with each other. I'll admit I shouldn't have used to word "fact", but that paper is the most up to date info we have to go on... at least until the virus is better studied.
As far as I'm concerned it's fact until we know more. In this case, "better safe than sorry" should definitely apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally-dog
She is looking for another place of acceptance and you can either accept her, and let her get comfortable there so she might do this to MORE people through th PM system (since there are no classifieds), or you can IGNORE her posts and make her go AWAY! She needs to spend her time fixing addressing the valid concerns here.
I agree, I know when I see a thread of her laughing it up and ignoring her responsibilities to this thread and those she has affected by her actions, it infuriates me.

I am positive she is hoping this all just gets swept under the carpet and she can make a return behind the scenes.

Even if IBD isn't found in her collection, at this point with all the lies, sloppy keeping, and irresponsibility, I'd classify her as a "Bad Guy" and advise people NOT to do business with her.

I find it extremely disheartening some forums are willing to put the popularity of the forum OVER the safety and health of the animals.
This isn't "drama" it's FACTS.

If we want to have a hobby, we can't all go around as ostriches with our heads in the sand pretending there aren't bad things happening in our hobby.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #1139
reticguy76
i understand where you (and the others are coming from) and i do agree to a point. i have been raised and still believe in the buyer beware realm of purchasing. if someone is going to buy something (especially a live animal), they should, or it just seems natural to me, that you do research before purchasing. i have never bought a car, or house, or credit card without reading up on it first and then deciding if thats the what i wanna get and from who i wanna get it from. maybe im just old school.

nonetheless, there are forums out there that also offer a classifieds section, i would understand being more cautious and such on forums such as that (especially if ads were up from her), but the forum(s) that have that are purely a enjoyment and talking snakes (retics) are just that, enjoying these animals.

and that is why there are pm ability, it keeps it non-public and thus, as drama free as possible.

so for me, unless she starts advertising or hinting of advertising, on non-public sales forums, she is simply a member sharing her animals

Old 01-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #1140
reticguy76
and to courtney, i agree, the better safe than sorry approach (as well as terminology) should be used, but "fact" is a very definite and bold word. nothing is fact until it has been proven beyond a doubt, enough that multiple parties can agree on publishing it (for example, dr jacobson, and some other researchers that are helping him or doing their own research on ibd)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd