United 93 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Junkyard
United 93

I must say, I am actually pleased that this movie was made. There has been a lot of talk about the movie being used to exploit those that lots their lives. I do not see it that way.

I will be seeing United 93 this weekend. 10% of the box office revenue from THIS WEEKEND is going to the Flight 93 National Memorial, if this movie is in your plans to see, then this weekend is the best time to do so. There is a website devoted the memorial Flight 93 National Memorial

After I see the movie(probably on Sunday) I will return to discuss my thoughts. Though if anyone whom has seen it and want to share their thoughts on it, I invite you to do so.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
I must say, I am actually pleased that this movie was made. There has been a lot of talk about the movie being used to exploit those that lots their lives. I do not see it that way.

I will be seeing United 93 this weekend. 10% of the box office revenue from THIS WEEKEND is going to the Flight 93 National Memorial, if this movie is in your plans to see, then this weekend is the best time to do so. There is a website devoted the memorial Flight 93 National Memorial

After I see the movie(probably on Sunday) I will return to discuss my thoughts. Though if anyone whom has seen it and want to share their thoughts on it, I invite you to do so.
I was concerned about exploitation as well until I heard an interview that recounted how the producers of the movie sought approval from all of the famlies who lost loved ones on flight 93. It was either all of the famiies green-light the film or they were not going to produce it.

That said I am NOT anxious to see a movie about the WTC attack.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Rebel Dragons
I had a hard enough time watching anything related to 9/11 when it was actually happening.

I have NO desire to watch a movie about any aspect of it.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
jglass38
My fiance's aunt was on Flight 93. She is going to see it. I have heard it was made well and shows respect to the people who died on what was a horrible day.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:41 AM   #5
Junkyard
Well, we decided to see the movie tonight. I will not spoil the movie. A few things I noticed before we actually sat down. The movie was only being shown in one theatre, the amount of times it was played as a box office open was about 10 times total today, not the normal 20 something times the movie RV was played. Also, there were no ads at all for the movie, not posters, nothing.

We all know the basic details of the movie, we all know how it ends, but the story they told was one of courage and sacrifice for our country. Throughout the movie there was gasps as images of that fateful day appeared. Some people left the movie, some covered their eyes, and some sat intently watching as the film rolled on. There was no leading roll, there was no cute actress or actor to take up space. There were real people in a real situation doing only what they can in a horrific situation. This was the first movie, that when it ended, the theatre was completely silent. Not a whisper, not a clap, not a single movement was made. This was the first time I have seen such reverence from the audience as they exited the room.

This movie puts the viewer in the situation as it happened; in the control tower, the FAA control room, the cockpit, the passenger seats, in with military defense, and even in the rooms of the terrorist. There were people who were there, they played their own part, if anything those must have been the hardest moments they have ever relived. Were these passengers hero's? They were normal people like you and me. What separates them from many, is they made the heroic action to stop their plane from reaching the White House.

Did this movie need to be made? Did the story need to be told? Was made it too soon?

I will tell you one thing, the family members of those who risked their lives for our country, they wanted the story told, they wanted this movie to be made. Are we so selfish to tell these people they are are not allowed to honor their loved ones? Are we so selfish that we do not want to remember what happen, so we should silence them?

I will be one to ponder the next few days whether I would have the strength and courage to do what they did. I will ponder if I am capable of taking such actions. Everyday I think about how much I love this country and what it is worth to me. I am grateful for those who stood up for me, those who fight for me, and those who I would be willing to fight for. This is a movie that will allow all those who see it to ponder the same things, it will put your patriotism into question.

To those who were lost in the World trade Center, to those who were lost in the Pentagon, and to those who were lost on flight United 93, your lives are missed and your loved ones are deeply prayed for. To those who had first were there saving the lives of many involved in the attacks on September 11, 2001, THANK YOU!

To our military who have lost their lives fighting for us back home, Thank you! To those who are alive fighting today for our freedom, Thank you!

Old 04-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #6
INSANE CANES
Quote:
To those who were lost in the World trade Center, to those who were lost in the Pentagon, and to those who were lost on flight United 93, your lives are missed and your loved ones are deeply prayed for.
To those who had first were there saving the lives of many involved in the attacks on September 11, 2001, THANK YOU!
To our military who have lost their lives fighting for us back home, Thank you! To those who are alive fighting today for our freedom, Thank you!

Old 04-30-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
jglass38
Very well put Michael!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!