one question... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
ccamaleon3000
Question one question...

it is normal that corn snake vomited the food? temperature 85 F, no visible parasites, no in excrements, all ready used medicine to disparates ona week ago animal is fine and active

Tanks
Juan

Old 10-30-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
ccamaleon3000
that was today and the last meal was Saturday 3 days ago

Old 10-31-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
It is not normal for any snake (unless perhaps we're speaking of egg eaters who regurge the shell of an egg) to regurgitate a meal.

Was their anything that could have stressed the animal into regurging (handling, cohabitation, other pets harassing the animal)?

What "medicine" did you give it?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
Cat_72
Let me see......it could be because you have them all piled in one tank together and they are stressed...or they can't all get to a proper hot spot to digest, since their only heat source is a single bulb in one corner of the tank.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...89&page=6&pp=5

Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
TripleMoonsExotic
Ah-hah!
Well, that certainly answers my question about a possible stress related regurge.

Here is the link to the FAQ that you may want to read over:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=79519

And a little section that I wanted to specifically point out:
Quote:
It is not recommended to house more then one cornsnake in the same enclosure. The problems that arise from co-habitating include cannibalism, transmission of disease and stress. It is better to avoid a problem then create them.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 AM   #6
ccamaleon3000
sorry guy's but i don't wanna sound smart %&$ but not i was talking about the adults no about the babe's ( the babe's are in a small tank's now they eating now) my adults are in a rack's of plastic boxes, good ventilation, etc. never happened to me and no, no handling, cohabitation, other pets harassing the animal. about the medicine i have to ask the veterinary i was talking last Sunday

Tanks
Juan

Old 10-31-2007, 06:58 AM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
Well then why does the pic in this thread show 4 snakes in one tank?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...1&postcount=12

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
TheFragginDragon
sniff....sniff.....do you smell something?

Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #9
Ken Harbart
The frequency of feeding could very well be your problem. Although corns have a relatively high metabolic rate, feeding an adult corn two meals only a few days apart is physically stressing. The snake had not even fully digested it's meal from Saturday when it was fed again on Tuesday.

You also indicated that you medicated the snake to deparisitize it a week ago. In addition to killing the baddies, the beneficial gut flora of the snake is also going to drop off. One week is not enough time for them to have replenished themselves.

In short, you overfed it when it was physically incapable of digesting frequent meals. Let it go a week to a week and a half without a meal, and then give it something small.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM   #10
ccamaleon3000
lol sorry guy's maybe my word are that clear, the meal's are one time a week and yea i medicate my animals a week ago plus the pic yea ebry Saturday i move all the corns whit a empty stomach to a 55 gallon tank so i can clean the racks that i have all my snakes, and for FragginDragon what do u smell bull $#%$? because i post here to try to learn no to impress no one tanks guy's for you replays

Juan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!