Beware adds from the One stop Pet shop! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2004, 01:20 AM   #1
DavidButton
Beware adds from the One stop Pet shop!

Well you guys will ove this. I saw this add on Kingsnake.com>

__________________________________________________ __
Adult Columbian & Fire Belly Redtails. $99.00 ea!
Phenix city, AL USA. Ship Nation Wide
Posted by One Stop Pet Shop Inc. (Contact Me!) on November 22, 2004 at 10:56:01
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2004-08-04
View Ads (11) | This Category Only (1)
Send this ad to a friend! Click Here!

We have 2.1 adult Columbian & Fire belly redtails left. Eating great on F/T or live Lg rats weekly. Approx. 5 ft long. Tame.
$99.00 ea Plus shipping $29.99 fedex nextday. All animals are packed with 60 hr heat packs. And are next day after payment is secured. Thanks Jonathan One Stop Pet Shop Inc.

We gladly accept the following.... Money orders
Visa
Check cards
Discover card
1.1 Colunbian 1.0 Firebelly Hounduras Master card
__________________________________________________ __

So I replied to the add asking if thy had any pictures of the Fire Belly boa because I wanted to buy it.

I got back an e-mail that said>

I dont currently have pics. I do guarantee all animals. Thanks Jonathan

So I sent him this e-mail>

Here, this is the type of fire belly that I am looking for and the only type I am aware of. They come from the island of Roatan off the coast of Honduras. Does yours look anything like this>

And he sent me back an e-mail saying>

Looks identical to the one you sent, my male is about 4 feet in length eating live or F/T sm - med rats. Thanks Jonathan Give me your zip to find accurate shipping cost..

And I replied to his e-mail with this>

My zip is 78247, San Antonio, Tx. I would really prefer to see a picture of the snake before I send any money though. I don’t mean to be a pain in the ass or anything, but you just can’t be too careful in this business of buying snakes online. I have been keeping reptiles for 30 years and this would be the first one that I have ever bought without holding it and looking at it up close before I bought it. And I don’t think a picture is really too much to ask for. Other than that I will buy him.

David

And he replied with this e-mail>

dont have a photo at this time, it will be Friday before Im back in the shop. But I guarantee you will love this fire belly. If he is still there when I get back I will send a photo. He is in our store front and on kingsnake aswell as fauna classifieds. Thanks Jonathan

I thought that Friday was not a long wait so I sent him this>

I guess I will wait till Friday then. Once again, I am sorry for being a pain in the ass about this. But as soon as I get a picture I will send you the money over night. That is not a problem. I will just check back on Fri. then. Have a good one.

David

Well I got up this mornign and had an e-mail from Jonathan saying that the fire belly had been sold over night and was no longer available. So I sent him this e-mail>

Sorry to hear that, but good for you I am sure. I just didn’t want to get the wrong snakes for my breeding project. There are boas from the Honduran mainland that they call “Fire belly” that only get about 3ft. long max. They have fairly orange bellies and are nice snakes. Then there are the boas from the island of Roatan off the Honduran coast which have the brilliant red bellies like the one in the picture I sent you. They get to about 6-7ft. and are a bit different from the ones on the mainland in pattern too. The Roatan boas are what I have been looking for, but all I have found so far are the ones from the mainland.

So if this sale doesn’t go through for some reason please let me know. I am still interested in that male.

David

So when I went back to Kingsnake.com later I was suprised to see that he had reposted the add about an hour before he had e-mailed me saying that the snake had been sold.
So me being the suspicious person I am and having my own mail server I set up another e-mail address under a different domain and sent an e-mail asking about the snake>

elow is a copy of the mesage you sent to One Stop Pet Shop Inc.

I am interested in your fire belly boa. How old is it and is that the male?

Thomas

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's location window) the URL below to view the ad that this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=271671&cat=8

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
This person may or may not be who they say they are.
The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.

Sent 08:36 PM, Nov 22nd, 2004 from I.P. Address 24.160.149.211

And I recieved this e-mail>

Yes that is the male. He is about 4 feet long and almoct 2 tears of age. Thanks Jonathan

Well I thought this was quite strange so I sent back this>

Cool, my bro and I saw one on a boa forum and thought it was the nicest looking boa we had ever seen. Do you have a picture of your male? I would really like to get it to breed with my female bci. I really like the fire red belly on them. Thanks.

Thomas

To which he replied>

Unfortanetly we do not have photos at this time, we were going to take but weve sold all but one male. And I belive it has been sold also. The buyer will get back at me by today. Have not herd from him. If you want him hes yours Satisfaction Guaranteed... Thanks Jonathan

Now this is where it gets funny, and I don't mean the kind of funny you laugh at. I mean the kind of funny where you want to take a stick and whoop some ass.
So I sent him this e-mail>

Well my brother said he would not give me his half of the money for the snake without a picture. So I guess we won’t get him. If the buyer you said you have doesn’t get him could you maybe e-mail me a picture? I sure would like to get him.

David

To which he repies>

Sure no problem. Thanks Jonathan

Then I get another e-mail from him right after with this>

I do have a photo of the larger female from our breeder stock. Here she is, the other are most identical Thanks Jonathan

[IMG] http://www.thealbinoboa.com/gallerie...asFireBellyHuE[1].jpg[/IMG]

Now I don't know who this idiot thinks he is fooling, but you can bet that he didn't even know what a Fire Belly looked like until I sent him that picture last night. The picture by the way is from here originally
http://www.boa-constrictors.com

On their Firebellies page!

I really wanted that snake, but got suspicious of the guy because he was so cagey about having a picture. Then I got pissed when I saw the add was back up after he had told me that he had sold it. So beware of this guy and his One Stop Pet Shop. I have all the e-mails for proof if he ever surfaces to dispute this too.

David Button

Old 11-23-2004, 01:28 AM   #2
DavidButton
Oops, I screwed up the last part with the picture he sent me with the e-mail claiming that this was one of his breeder females. It was this one>

Which of course was the exact one that I had sent him the nigt before and he was now useing to try and say that it was one of his boas. ANd the funny thing is that he says that this is one of his breeder females and the day before he had said that he had gotten the snake on a trade. What an ass!

David Button

Old 11-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #3
jmkhet
Yeah thats messed up man!Wow!Hey at least you caught him in the act and posted your experience, god i love the BOI!Good luck in your search for a firebelly. Josh McDermott

Old 11-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #4
jmkhet
Lol, ya know whats funny i saw that ad on Kingsnake, and thought wow thats awfully cheap for a firebelly lol.What a joke!

Old 11-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
ChaosCat
To my knowledge, the owner of the snake in the photo would never "trade" it to anyone, and babies from that line go for more than $99!!!

Old 11-23-2004, 01:28 PM   #6
DavidButton
Well after he sent me a picture of "his" female breeder I sent him an e-mail still posing as "Thomas" that was pretty strong>

You sorry piece of <font color=red>[**censored**]</font>! That is the picture that is on www.Boa-constrictors.com. Who do you think you are fooling? I am going to report you to every snake buyer and seller on all the online classifieds for this one. You must be stupid if you thought you could pass that off as “Your breeder female” . You have got to be the dumbest person I have seen trying to rip people off on kingsnake.com yet. Go get a life! And a job for that matter, because you aren’t smart enough to be a crook.

Thomas

And got this in return>

was showing the pic.the as a reference. I dont appreciate the profanity. I have been a sponser for kingsanke for 6 yrs and never have I delt with a child like your self.
Mrthomas@myjavabeans.com has beem reported for PROFANITY affilation on kingsnake.

This site is NOT for children. .... One Stop Pet Shop Inc.

Well he sure told me! Funny since I am a 39 year old man. And also funny that he reported me for my misconduct. LOL
And I also niticed that all 11 of his adds are gone too. Hmmmmm?

I sent him this e-mail in reply to his last one>

Then why did you say that it was a picture of your female?

“I do have a photo of the larger female from our breeder stock. Here she is, the other are most identical Thanks Jonathan “

I am not a child, I am a 39 year old man that knows when someone is trying to scam him, nd if you had just showed me a picture of the actual snake it would not have been a problem. But instead you tried to fool me. And by the way, if you have been on kingsnake.com for 6 years then why does it say “Registered PetHobbyist User since 2004-08-04” ??? That doesn’t look like 6 years to me. What it comes down to is that you were wrong to try to fool somebody and you got caught. Hell, I would still buy the snake if you actually had one that looked like the one in the picture. But somehow I doubt that you do.

Thomas

I am waiting for his reply to that one now. It gets more interesting each time he e-mails me.

David

Old 11-23-2004, 03:28 PM   #7
dmasio
Heres a link to somone who inquired about this guy not to long ago. He wanted to trade me a female woma for my female albino boa but couldnt get me a pic his last name or a phone number so I broke it off right there. Ive been taken once before and do my darnest not to let it happen again. But there is a person on this link who I guess aquired some of the fire bellies not the island locales that you wanted but themainlands. Hope it helps
Thanks Damian Macioce

Old 11-23-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
dmasio
OOOOpppppsss forgot the link here ya go

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d/t-56529.html

Old 11-23-2004, 03:34 PM   #9
DavidButton
I think you forgot the link, but i did see that someone had done business with them and gotten their snake. I am too suspicious now though. Especially since he said that he had been selling on there for 6 years and is said he was registered since Aug. of this year. Something fishy about that like he has changed his name a few times.

David

Old 11-23-2004, 07:52 PM   #10
raiquee
I wouldn't send money either. If hes that iffy about showing a picture, than he doesn't have it.

Plus on the website, doesn't it state their are only 4 available? Well, then the price should have tipped you off

I hope people start breeding these guys like mad tho, they are GORGEOUS.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!