Bad Guy Justin Clark - Dozens of illegal pythons seized from (Mission) BC Home - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #81
Creative Exotics
Hello Everyone,

First off Dr. Adrian Walton IS WRONG when he says the animals were like Marijuana Plants and should be destroyed. As having lots of time to go over the laws with my lawyer and with other Breeders and Reptile rescue's I have found some very interesting things. First off DR. Adrian Walton is wrong about the animals must get destroyed. When Henry Piorun, Don Patterson and David Chan where fighting this and helping the ministry make the laws there was never anything about KILLING these animals live "Marijuana plants" as Dr. Walton seems to view illegal reptiles as.

Here is a link to this on CBC where David Chan explains this. And how the ministry will not answer, nor talk to anyone in the snake business. The vet was also suppose to contact David Chan or one of the other 2 Breeders if this happened and they would make arrangement's for the animals. He is just trying to cover his ass because he killed these animals. This is Animal Cruelty, plain and simple as that and there are animal cruelty laws in affect and they broke them! They call the animals a "Public safety risk" when they are not. A Knife in a stabbing or a unregistered firearm is a public safety risk... You know what happens to those things, they got to the PD and are kept there, even after a case many collect dust for years to come. Look at if someone gets busted with a unlicensed gun, the gun does not get destroyed on the spot, nor does it get destroyed until the person can go in front a judge and explain what happened!


http://www.cbc.ca/onthecoast/episode...exotic-snakes/

Also just to let everyone know the animals they did kill that were 100% Legal was 2 pairs of Timor Pythons that I just got a few months before and 3.2 White Lipped Pythons. These animals are 100% Legal to own in BC.

Honestly you all don't care about the animals and are to blind to see this! Or you would see the truth about how barbaric and inhumane this act of animal cruelty was!

I am not here to gain any sympathy from anyone I messed up not having all these animals permitted and this is really taking its toll on me emotionally. Not to mention the financial toll. I raised these animals they were my life. They were in locking enclosures.


This is another video from CBC. There is nothing about euthanizing animals that are harmless. If the animals HURT OR KILLED someone is the only time they could euthanize a animal. Prohibited or not. So Dr. Walton is wrong and he is trying to gain the respect of people in the reptile community when he knowingly killed these animals and there was things that could have been done to relocated them.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada...786757/?page=2


I needed to step back and calm down and research all of this with my lawyer. And now that I have there is many laws they broke and many things they are trying to hide.

I would like to apologize publicly for the carelessness of not having all these animals permitted, as many animals died for no reason, this is still really tearing me apart. I took having them for granted when I should have had every document for these animals. If you actually look at the legality of what happened and research what happened you would all see this is a act of cruelty and this was indeed handled wrong.

P.S. I am not going no where!
 
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #82
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Exotics View Post
Hello Everyone,

First off Dr. Adrian Walton IS WRONG when he says the animals were like Marijuana Plants and should be destroyed. As having lots of time to go over the laws with my lawyer and with other Breeders and Reptile rescue's I have found some very interesting things. First off DR. Adrian Walton is wrong about the animals must get destroyed. When Henry Piorun, Don Patterson and David Chan where fighting this and helping the ministry make the laws there was never anything about KILLING these animals live "Marijuana plants" as Dr. Walton seems to view illegal reptiles as.

Here is a link to this on CBC where David Chan explains this. And how the ministry will not answer, nor talk to anyone in the snake business. The vet was also suppose to contact David Chan or one of the other 2 Breeders if this happened and they would make arrangement's for the animals. GHe is just trying to cover his ass because he killed these animals. This is Animal Cruelty, plain and simple as that and there are animal cruelty laws in affect and they broke them! They call the animals a "Public safety risk" when they are not. A Knife in a stabbing or a unregistered firearm is a public safety risk... You know what happens to those things, they got to the PD and are kept there, even after a case many collect dust for years to come. Look at if someone gets busted with a unlicensed gun, the gun does not get destroyed on the spot, nor does it get destroyed until the person can go in front a judge and explain what happened!


http://www.cbc.ca/onthecoast/episode...exotic-snakes/

Also just to let everyone know the animals they did kill that were 100% Legal was 2 pairs of Timor Pythons that I just got a few months before and 3.2 White Lipped Pythons. These animals are 100% Legal to own in BC.

Honestly you all don't care about the animals and are to blind to see this! Or you would see the truth about how barbaric and inhumane this act of animal cruelty was!

I am not here to gain any sympathy from anyone I messed up not having all these animals permitted and this is really taking its toll on me emotionally. Not to mention the financial toll. I raised these animals they were my life. They were in locking enclosures.


This is another video from CBC. There is nothing about euthanizing animals that are harmless. If the animals HURT OR KILLED someone is the only time they could euthanize a animal. Prohibited or not. So Dr. Walton is wrong and he is trying to gain the respect of people in the reptile community when he knowingly killed these animals and there was things that could have been done to relocated them.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada...786757/?page=2


I needed to step back and calm down and research all of this with my lawyer. And now that I have there is many laws they broke and many things they are trying to hide.

I would like to apologize publicly for the carelessness of not having all these animals permitted, as many animals died for no reason, this is still really tearing me apart. I took having them for granted when I should have had every document for these animals. If you actually look at the legality of what happened and research what happened you would all see this is a act of cruelty and this was indeed handled wrong.

P.S. I am not going no where!
Nice spin. Who did you pay to come up with this?

Regardless please show us where there was animal cruelty as you are throwing that around a lot. Also cite these laws they supposedly broke. Surely you can remember them.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #83
AaronSerio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Exotics View Post
...P.S. I am not going no where!
That's a double negative and it means you are going somewhere else. Please do.


Everyone here cares about the animals and what happened to them. We also know it wasn't there fault they were 1. put in this situation 2. that they were the reason they died.

We all know if was your fault and your fault alone. We know the animals aren't coming back and this isn't about them it's about you and your breaking of the law that led to their demise.

If you want any kind of discussion about this then stop trying to deflect everything.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #84
K9dr
Gotta love zombie threads.

Once again. Under the BC legislation for Controlled Alien Species, the only facilities that are legally allowed to take on these animals when seized or surrendered are CAZA approved facilities (aka the Vancouver Aquarium, or the Vancouver zoo), or previously licensed and approved CAS rescue facilities (aka Dewdney Animal Hospital). Without a rescue permit neither David Chan or Henry Piorun can legally accept these animals. Dewdney Animal Hospital is working with Mr. Chan to hopefully in the future be able to extend their rescue permit over Mr. Chan's facility should a similar event occur. However such an arrangement is not yet in place and certainly was not present last summer. Thus at the time of these events the only place available to store 50 reticulated pythons would be a) The Vancouver Zoo b) Vancouver Aquarium, or c) Dewdney Animal Hospital. None of the facilities were capable of taking on so many animals.

I strongly recommend discussing these posts with your Lawyer. Anything you state on these forums can be used as evidence. ie From your first statement to this forum...

Quote:
As they killed animals they also mistaked 9 animals that were not retics Water Pythons to be exact. I am seeking advice from 2 lawyers at the moment and going over the next steps I will be making and who I will be going after first and I am meeting with Global news to uncover these people for the killers they are.
Water pythons aka Liasis fuscus

and now your most recent

Quote:
Also just to let everyone know the animals they did kill that were 100% Legal was 2 pairs of Timor Pythons that I just got a few months before and 3.2 White Lipped Pythons. These animals are 100% Legal to own in BC.
Timor pythons - aka Python timoriensis and White lipped pythons aka Leiopython albertisii

Since you seem to be unaware of what species you owned, please allow me to clarify. You owned reticulated pythons.

Also since you wish to continue to attack my reputation, lets also mention that while your cages did indeed have locks on them, those locks were not engaged ie opened, ie not secured ie unlocked. In an empty building, next to an elementary school.....

Even if we had managed to provide a facility for them, the zoo, the aquarium or even Dewdney Animal hospital would be charging boarding fees. It would have taken several months before the paperwork would have gone through and you would have either been on the hook for boarding fees, $10 a day per snake for 50 snakes aka $500 per day, for what the last 6 months $90,000. Once again you were being evicted for non-payment of rent, so I doubt you could have raised the funds. And finally, with the Lacey Act coming into effect in the month, making interstate transportation of Retics illegal, these animals would have unlikely been able to be rehomed (most of the facilities large enough to take on these animals are in the US).

I do respect you as a breeder, your animals are healthy and you were taking good care of them (as I have previously mentioned). However you continue to trash me on these boards, and I have my own lawyer on retainer if you wish to continue to legally defame me.



Sincerely Dr. Adrian Walton
 
Old 01-05-2014, 01:46 AM   #85
Creative Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Exotics View Post
Hello Everyone,

First off Dr. Adrian Walton IS WRONG when he says the animals were like Marijuana Plants and should be destroyed. As having lots of time to go over the laws with my lawyer and with other Breeders and Reptile rescue's I have found some very interesting things. First off DR. Adrian Walton is wrong about the animals must get destroyed. When Henry Piorun, Don Patterson and David Chan where fighting this and helping the ministry make the laws there was never anything about KILLING these animals live "Marijuana plants" as Dr. Walton seems to view illegal reptiles as.

Here is a link to this on CBC where David Chan explains this. And how the ministry will not answer, nor talk to anyone in the snake business. The vet was also suppose to contact David Chan or one of the other 2 Breeders if this happened and they would make arrangement's for the animals. He is just trying to cover his ass because he killed these animals. This is Animal Cruelty, plain and simple as that and there are animal cruelty laws in affect and they broke them! They call the animals a "Public safety risk" when they are not. A Knife in a stabbing or a unregistered firearm is a public safety risk... You know what happens to those things, they got to the PD and are kept there, even after a case many collect dust for years to come. Look at if someone gets busted with a unlicensed gun, the gun does not get destroyed on the spot, nor does it get destroyed until the person can go in front a judge and explain what happened!


http://www.cbc.ca/onthecoast/episode...exotic-snakes/

Also just to let everyone know the animals they did kill that were 100% Legal was 2 pairs of Timor Pythons that I just got a few months before and 3.2 White Lipped Pythons. These animals are 100% Legal to own in BC.

Honestly you all don't care about the animals and are to blind to see this! Or you would see the truth about how barbaric and inhumane this act of animal cruelty was!

I am not here to gain any sympathy from anyone I messed up not having all these animals permitted and this is really taking its toll on me emotionally. Not to mention the financial toll. I raised these animals they were my life. They were in locking enclosures.


This is another video from CBC. There is nothing about euthanizing animals that are harmless. If the animals HURT OR KILLED someone is the only time they could euthanize a animal. Prohibited or not. So Dr. Walton is wrong and he is trying to gain the respect of people in the reptile community when he knowingly killed these animals and there was things that could have been done to relocated them.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada...786757/?page=2


I needed to step back and calm down and research all of this with my lawyer. And now that I have there is many laws they broke and many things they are trying to hide.

I would like to apologize publicly for the carelessness of not having all these animals permitted, as many animals died for no reason, this is still really tearing me apart. I took having them for granted when I should have had every document for these animals. If you actually look at the legality of what happened and research what happened you would all see this is a act of cruelty and this was indeed handled wrong.

P.S. I am not going no where!

I didn't pay anyone lol. I wrote this!
 
Old 01-05-2014, 02:56 AM   #86
Creative Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9dr View Post
Gotta love zombie threads.

Once again. Under the BC legislation for Controlled Alien Species, the only facilities that are legally allowed to take on these animals when seized or surrendered are CAZA approved facilities (aka the Vancouver Aquarium, or the Vancouver zoo), or previously licensed and approved CAS rescue facilities (aka Dewdney Animal Hospital). Without a rescue permit neither David Chan or Henry Piorun can legally accept these animals. Dewdney Animal Hospital is working with Mr. Chan to hopefully in the future be able to extend their rescue permit over Mr. Chan's facility should a similar event occur. However such an arrangement is not yet in place and certainly was not present last summer. Thus at the time of these events the only place available to store 50 reticulated pythons would be a) The Vancouver Zoo b) Vancouver Aquarium, or c) Dewdney Animal Hospital. None of the facilities were capable of taking on so many animals.

I strongly recommend discussing these posts with your Lawyer. Anything you state on these forums can be used as evidence. ie From your first statement to this forum...

Water pythons aka Liasis fuscus

and now your most recent


Timor pythons - aka Python timoriensis and White lipped pythons aka Leiopython albertisii

Since you seem to be unaware of what species you owned, please allow me to clarify. You owned reticulated pythons.

Quote:
Adrian I know ever Binomial nomenclature of every animal I owned, have owed, and still own.

I was under huge emotional strain after these animals were killed inhumanly Adrian. Just because you pass the buck off when you were the one who killed these animals and also the legal animals Adrian, you also carelessly LEFT NEEDLES in the cages, if a nurse or a doctor did this and left them in a patient's bed imagine the consequence's for them, you need to be held accountable for your actions... I wonder what the paper in Maple Ridge, CTV, CBC will think of this, as I have decided not to contact them even though I was told by many friends and breeders in the BC reptile community that I should. As with the ongoing investigation against the BC Conservation Officers decision to kill these animals is still under serious investigation.

Also since you wish to continue to attack my reputation, lets also mention that while your cages did indeed have locks on them, those locks were not engaged ie opened, ie not secured ie unlocked. In an empty building, next to an elementary school.....



Quote:
This is a flat out lie and you know it. I have pictures from the day before when I fed the snakes. So are you going to spin that the animals are a public Safety Risk too... I thought you loved reptiles Dr. Walton.. You are painting a picture of how you truly feel with the elementary school comment. The cages were locked, the building was a house, and there was no PUBLIC SAFETY RISK with the 10+ Conservation officers on site.. I see this is getting to you as you because we all know there was not PUBLIC SAFTEY RISK!

Even if we had managed to provide a facility for them, the zoo, the aquarium or even Dewdney Animal hospital would be charging boarding fees. It would have taken several months before the paperwork would have gone through and you would have either been on the hook for boarding fees, $10 a day per snake for 50 snakes aka $500 per day, for what the last 6 months $90,000. Once again you were being evicted for non-payment of rent, so I doubt you could have raised the funds. And finally, with the Lacey Act coming into effect in the month, making interstate transportation of Retics illegal, these animals would have unlikely been able to be rehomed (most of the facilities large enough to take on these animals are in the US).


Quote:
You honestly believe that. If David Chan or anyone for that matter contacted say NERD, BOB CLARK REPTILES or another large breeder they would have took the animals. Bottom line the animals were killed without any regard to life and these animals had a right to live and given a chance instead of burning them on the stake, like was done.

Now I see you are using the eviction as throwing it at my face... Are you kidding me fist off I love my animals and I NEVER would have put them in a situation like this! I cannot comment to much on it as right now because I am going after him for fraud, illegal eviction and suing him. MY RENT WAS PAID, and I have all the proof Adrian! When you throw it around it doesn't bother me, because it is FALSE!
I do respect you as a breeder, your animals are healthy and you were taking good care of them (as I have previously mentioned). However you continue to trash me on these boards, and I have my own lawyer on retainer if you wish to continue to legally defame me.

Quote:
My lawyer is also in retainer Adrian! And already going after the LYING POS landlord I had.

Did you all know the BC Conservation Officers rushed me to get the legal animals out, they never once tried to make sure the animals were ok and actually taken to a proper facility (which they were) like they stated in the papers, or them lying saying I didn't have my animals back when I did in fact have them, they did not care, nor did they make sure the animals weren't just going into a shed, for all they cared they could have stayed in the UHAUL. There was one officer that cared about these animals, but was not there when I moved the animals out. All the other Officers didn't care as they hauled the dead animals away in BLACK garbage bags to the box of one of the Conservation Officers Truck.


Sincerely Dr. Adrian Walton


Dr. Walton,

First off you say that you are the only facility that can house CAS animals that are prohibited is your facility, when in fact the Greater Vancouver Zoo has some animals that belong to Mike... How are they able to take these animals, also cinemazoo also has Prohibited animals that they have got in after the CAS regulations.

This is what you said in a pervious post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9dr View Post

I will also reiterated that under the CAS legislation in BC, these animals if found are to be placed in certified rescue facility, which currently I was the only one in BC to have provided this service. My facility is very limited in size, and frankly with a child and another on the way, there are many species (and sizes) that I am no longer willing to have in my private residence. The only power, or decision making authority I have is will I take in animals for what may be a 1-2 year period of time with no financial recompense.




So you lied to try and keep your reputation. Is that it...


Sounds like your back peddling to me Adrian Walton!
 
Old 01-05-2014, 03:36 AM   #87
Creative Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSerio View Post
That's a double negative and it means you are going somewhere else. Please do.


Everyone here cares about the animals and what happened to them. We also know it wasn't there fault they were 1. put in this situation 2. that they were the reason they died.

We all know if was your fault and your fault alone. We know the animals aren't coming back and this isn't about them it's about you and your breaking of the law that led to their demise.

If you want any kind of discussion about this then stop trying to deflect everything.
Did you not read anything in my other post! David Chan, Henry Piuron and Don Patterson helped with this law. Boa constrictor was on the Prohibited list before it was revamped. Conservation Officers can only have a animal destroyed if they harm a person.


Seizure or destruction of controlled alien species
97.7 (1) A conservation officer or constable may seize a species individual of a controlled alien species if the person in possession of the species individual

(a) is prohibited from possessing that species individual,
(b) contravenes the person's permit in relation to the species individual, or
(c) contravenes a regulation respecting controlled alien species.
(2) A conservation officer or constable may seize or destroy a species individual of a controlled alien species if, in the opinion of the conservation officer or constable, the species individual presents an imminent danger to the health or safety of a person or to property, wildlife or wildlife habitat.
(3) If a constable seizes a species individual under subsection (1) or (2), the constable must, as soon as practicable, deliver the species individual to a conservation officer or to a person designated by the minister.
(4) Sections 23 to 24.2 of the Offence Act do not apply in respect of a species individual of a controlled alien species seized under this Act.



Animals in SECURE LOCKED CAGES pose NO PUBLIC SAFTEY RISK what so ever! DOES NOT say anywhere the animals are to be destroyed on site without due care when the are HARMLESS in there enclosures.

Sorry but Insp. Chris Doyle of the BCCOS, was the Officer that made the decision for the animals to be killed when he was in the interior of BC. How does someone that is not on site make decisions like this, have you watched in the news lately, BC Conservation officers have killed someone's dog because it barked at him!

This needs to stop! This needs to stop people They are putting people in charge of the welfare of animals when they frankly don't care!

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/02...-dog-to-death/

Do you see police going into a home were there is a pit bull and shooting it because they feel like they are threatened because a dog barked through a fence! This is exactly what happened with the Reticulated Pythons Python reticulatus


I have took responsibility for my actions. I even apologized to the Reptile Community, If you have not read that! Like I said this has severely emotionally and financially hurt me when they destroyed these animals.
 
Old 01-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #88
JimD
You broke the law. Period.
The fact that you still argue this is crazy. Had you not broke the law no snakes would have had to be put down.
Regardless of what has happened since is irrelevant. If you were not in possession of illegal snakes no one would have had to make any discission in regards to the lives of those 50 plus snakes.
It is sad but I feel for the snakes, not you.
 
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #89
Creative Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
You broke the law. Period.
The fact that you still argue this is crazy. Had you not broke the law no snakes would have had to be put down.
Regardless of what has happened since is irrelevant. If you were not in possession of illegal snakes no one would have had to make any discission in regards to the lives of those 50 plus snakes.
It is sad but I feel for the snakes, not you.

JimD,

Just a question for ALL you Canadian Reptile enthusiasts... So you keep talking about how the animals were illegal, Your own reptile community "REPTILES CANADA supports the sale of illegal roaches. I have seen many threads stating these were illegal in Canada but yet they still allow them to sell these roaches on the website and in the classifieds!

I see lots of people still keeping and selling these as feeders. You all are hypocrites. If you against illegal acts in our community then YOU IN CHARGE need to stop this instead of being hypocrites!


KORBIN5895 that's you Kevin Keller. I see your selling illegal roaches and shipping them also! They are ILLEGAL plain and simple right.


Step back and take your advice.


The snakes are dead yes. I loved these animals and they are my life. Yes I should have had all animals permitted and I messed up, And the animals paid the ultimate price. Still doesn't make killing them right, or human. It is an act of animal cruelty like I have said before. And it is wrong just destroying life like this!
 
Old 01-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #90
KORBIN5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Exotics View Post
JimD,

Just a question for ALL you Canadian Reptile enthusiasts... So you keep talking about how the animals were illegal, Your own reptile community "REPTILES CANADA supports the sale of illegal roaches. I have seen many threads stating these were illegal in Canada but yet they still allow them to sell these roaches on the website and in the classifieds!

I see lots of people still keeping and selling these as feeders. You all are hypocrites. If you against illegal acts in our community then YOU IN CHARGE need to stop this instead of being hypocrites!


KORBIN5895 that's you Kevin Keller. I see your selling illegal roaches and shipping them also! They are ILLEGAL plain and simple right.


Step back and take your advice.


The snakes are dead yes. I loved these animals and they are my life. Yes I should have had all animals permitted and I messed up, And the animals paid the ultimate price. Still doesn't make killing them right, or human. It is an act of animal cruelty like I have said before. And it is wrong just destroying life like this!
Thanks for clarifying who I am! I might have forgotten!

Guess what though? If DNR showed up tomorrow and killed my whole colony off I wouldn't be on here complaining and trying to get the reptile community behind my stupid decisions. I'd man up and take what was coming to me.

Again where is the animal cruelty you are claiming ?
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[For Sale] Dozens of used and new cages, racks and tanks available! Dan Krull Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted 0 07-26-2012 02:27 PM
Over 23 Reptiles Seized from Lancaster County PA Home dzoo Herps In The News 2 04-27-2011 09:23 PM
Dozens of Rare Reptiles Die in India wcreptiles Herps In The News 5 03-19-2008 06:08 AM
Rescue Mission, help please tandy4000 Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum 6 06-04-2007 11:44 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.




Ebates Coupons and Cash Back



TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.07145500 seconds with 11 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2014, FaunaClassifieds, LLC