Inquiry Mitchell Adams??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Chat  |  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
canadianforever
Mitchell Adams???

any one know anything? seen he is planning an import from indo and has some things that i could be interested in but iam unsure due to the fact i have never seen his name on here

Old 11-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
Mikeg2014
Yes, he is legitimate.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
Dodgesnakes
Buyer Beware

I placed an order with i last year. It is now august and still no animals or money returned. Says that both the indo order he did and the ghuana order both failed and one backed out and the other stopped talking. Is what he has told me. This is my personal experience.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #4
MatthewElford
Thumbs up Great Guy

About a year ago my close friend Tim died(bearded dragon), so i was on the hunt for a new reptile. After asking a few people where i could find one i was directed to the exotics of Newfoundland facebook page and was told that Mitchell Adams has some reptiles for sale. I seen a black roughneck monitor(Varanus rudicollis, Sandy) that caught my eye. I messaged Mitchell and i asked if i could come see her; which i did. I went there couple times before i bought her. Mitchell imported her himself. After buying her Mitchell has been the most help that i could imagine. I'm pretty sure i message him once a week with a question ahha. From, foods, to helping me build my custom 673 gallon terranium, illnesses, temperatures, Humidity, what's safe or not and even when i find stuff growing(mushrooms ). He really knows his stuff and i would definitely trust him to import for me.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
AlexandraPennell
I'm seconding that he's legit. I placed an order with him on the 6th of November, and on the 13th I received a message from Mitchell saying that my snake was in Newfoundland. Due to the weather there was a day's delay in the shipping and Mitch kept me updated the entire time. Received him the next morning. Mitchell is super professional and I look forward to ordering from him again.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #6
Justin1822
I ordered a retic off Mitchell last year. I was treated with nothing but professionalism. Since the purchase I've messaged him countless times with questions on snakes where I was a little inexperienced . And he always took the time to help me in any way he could. I have no reason at all not to deal with him again. I was given great service .

Old 08-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
yeloowtang
I wouldn't normally bother posting on something like this, BUT
i find it ODD to say the least that out of the blue after someone else states he has never received animals or refund that 3 brand new users pop up with positive claims..

so

to Mathew, it 's one thing to go see him and buy an animal he actually HAS over giving him money in hopes you get something or $$ in return if things don t work out.. importing is not easy, to trust someone who has failled in doing so in the past ???

Alex, aigain !! did you order something he had or this was an import ?? big difference and i doubt an import in 7 days unless everything was already worked out and you got lucky on a last minutes order.. why i say un-likely if it's a cites snake they need to be regitered on the permit which takes 3 months to get !!!! so you either chose something he already had at home or on the shippment..

Justin, same thing as above plus i will add something extra, a real proffesional would NOT sell a reticulated pythong to someone who had NO experience with snakes.. that alone gets this guy in my black book..

FUNNY all 3 from NF 3 days after a negetive comment.. doesn't help him as far as i'm concerned, you just all made it look worst..

Old 08-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #8
MitchellAdams
Imports occasionally go bad, it's always a risk of that side of the business. There are new exporters popping up all the time, and it can be a challenge to get credible info on tall of them. Since we got taken advantage of last year, we've changed our business to dealing mostly in on-hand animals, rather than pre-orders. It works out a lot better for everyone involved.
As for Justin, I'm not sure where you're getting that he has no experience with snakes but, that's false. He also happened to order a SD retic, which I also happened to be in constant contact with, helping him in any way I could, or that he needed. Please don't make assumptions.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:57 PM   #9
yeloowtang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1822 View Post
I ordered a retic off Mitchell last year. I was treated with nothing but professionalism. Since the purchase I've messaged him countless times with questions on snakes where I was a little inexperienced .
I`m not making assumptions, these are his words !! not mine..
i know way to well how imports are risky and shouldn`t even be made when CB animals are available ..and tooooo many get burned when the importer has to pay ahead of time for permits, animals etc etc... then when they all show up dead or not at all, they don`t have $$ to refund. the buyers are left hanging with nothing but a lost..

this all started by someone asking if you were legit , someone answered that they never received animals nor $$ back. then out of the blue 3 pop up same day, two at the same time, all stating how great you are.. i don t know you and maybe you are great, but the whole thing looked ODD, and from what we can read, they all got animals you had in possession.. way different than what the initial question was..

if these 3 new members are legit, and you are as good as they say you are.. then congrats and keep up the good work.. but we still have that person who got nothing..

Old 08-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #10
MitchellAdams
I did get burned last year, badly, and I'm working to do what I can to help out anyone that was involved. Hence why we've switched gears to no longer taking pre-orders, instead sticking with handling the imports ourselves, quarantining and then marketing in on-hand animals.
I get where you're coming from on the replies but, I can assure you they're actual customers. I don't deny anything about the imports that went bad but, it's still a very small fraction compared to successful ones we've had. That said, it's also the reason we've made some changes to eliminate future risk for customers because I do hold high value in seeing both our customers, and their animals happy.
Thanks for the engagement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!