Info Tom Frenette AKA Emy Girard - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
yeloowtang
Thumbs down Tom Frenette AKA Emy Girard

Hey all, I feel that this person needs to be exposed since he's a real scam artist in the making.
the first dealing I had with him did go well, I sold him one of my baby ETB's in the fall of 2016 for 800$ ( this is important for later ), now at that time he was put in contcat with me trough a friend who she had done dealings with him also..
so to start all this, he always goes with the name Emy Girard which is his girlfriends name. He uses her facebook, her email address and answers text vie cell as being her. I only figured this out the day we met for the hand off of the baby ETB, was quite puzzled, I knew Emy was an Odd name for a guy but he played that till the end, and still does with all his dealing to this day.

so long story short, and I can write a full blow detailed text if need be with hundreds of facebook messages and texts and emails if need be. but for the part I was mixed up in, I think what I will post is enough...

The bad turn around began when my friend (maryline Dufresne) traded him 2400$ worth of retics 1.1 that she delivered to him in exchange for two 1.1 of my new litter of baby ETB's that Tom was to pay me ( hate triangle deals like this but was ok because I know both of them by now, well her way more and she trusted him)

as me and Tom deal, we end up agreeing on a BIAK GTP from him for 500$ + 250$ in cash for one male ETB and the other 850$ paid the following month (this is in February)
so 8 months later after every excuse possible. (all started in November 2016)
his aunt died and gave him 60K
he's buying an apartment building needs to wait for transaction to be done.
he's moving this week. ( got that one a few time in a few months ) still hasn't.
A co-worker died so my vacation got cancelled , can't meet
the bank didn't know what to do with my account ## ??
I now need at least a week notice to take a day off
etc etc etc...

During all this time, he's buying more animals and flipping them. ( yes he's already flipped the retics) and I know about the other animals because at first when communication was still a regular thing, he would send me pictures of everything he bought and asked for value..
Funny thing in that is , buyers who saw his adds would contact me to know if what he said was real.. WE"LL GET TO THAT LATER ..

by now, communication is done, he's blocked my cell, ignores facebook both me and the girl he owes 2400$ and she's getting nervous.
" "months are going by at this time" "
but he still has adds up on KJJ flipping GTP's

so I contact him via KJJ ( a craigs list type of site) and he answers because he can't tell who's contacting him LOL he tells me he will pay me this week, he just sold a GTP for 1000$
OHHHH !!!! he disappears again never to be heard from via email :-(

so I contact him via cell, with my sons # LOL sending him a picture so that I get a noticed when he opens it, BEHOLD it works, he:s been caught.

I tell him Tom, we need to end this deal now, you ignore us, hide but you keep posting adds everywhere.
his reply ( I can try and post it but it's in text and in French)
but this is it: I've stepped away from all reptiles related things because my life is not going well right now.
my mom is at deaths door
her husband died a few months ago
my cousin just died of a 4 wheeler accident !!! so now you know why ??

my response : really, doesn't seem to sop your adds and flipping all over the place , I know, people contact me to know if what you're selling is legit, and you even want a 4 wheeler in exchange for GTP's if my cousin just died on one, it's the last thing I'd want. It went on longer but the details of that aren't important for now. he promised he's pay me now ( still didn't)

meanwhile: my friend also contacted him via KJJ using a false name Andre Dube to deal with him.. he's answering that. and they even arrange to meet up LOL she went with her brother. he had never seen her before.

this is where MY ETB comes in play this is the snake he's dealing with my friend and agreed on 2200$ from asking 2500$
my northern ETB male was now a HYBRID cross between a BASIN x BLACK NORTHEN and get this FULL BLEU ON TOP OF IT
he just invented genetics for a regular snake in order to screw someone over for 2200$

when he found out who she was he freaked out, even his friend that he had with him, told him if you owe her 2400$ just let her have the snake.. another long story, but she ended up with the snake

in the next few posts, I will post pictures of both my ETB before selling it to him and the pictures she sent me to compare snakes that she took at home.
he even came back on facebook with her and lied again by saying this was a prospect snake from a breeder in Alberta !!!

pics of my baby ETB #1
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
yeloowtang
here's the pictures she sent me of the baby snake once she had it set up.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
yeloowtang
here's where she managed to spot markings that show it's the same snake.

add to that, the fact that pictures he sent her, were of that same ETB in the exact custom cage I sold him to keep the snake in until he could buy a better bigger cage in a year or so.

and added two screen shots of him when talking with Mr Dube aka my friend about that snake and it's genetics which we knew he never had..
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
yeloowtang
so where I had a first dealing with him, that went well in person, I also know he's inventing blue lines and jade lines on GTP's he's selling in order to get more $$ for them, I know this because at first he sent me pictures of them when he got them, then once for sale, the price is jacked up and so are the genetics..

I was really P### o## when I saw my baby ETB now a hybrid that doesn't exist and selling for3 times the price

just want every person out there that see this to use extreme caution when dealing with EMY Girard who is in fact a little scammer named TOM FRENETTTE.

Old 07-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
yeloowtang
Just a few quick corrections, his full name is Tommy Frenette, he has 3 facebook accounts + his girlfriends account which he uses for dealing reptiles.
I said Alberta but he actually said the snake came from Manitoba.
And typing I made a mistake, the fake name she used to trap him was Dan Dubé not Andre..

Just wanted to correct these details to make sure the information was good..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!