Bad Guy Shane Porter - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
Fila
Thumbs down Shane Porter

Around late October I saw an ad on the FaceBook group Reptile Classifieds-Ball Pythons for 4 female Breeder Ball Pythons. Here is how the ad read, and the important posts from that thread. It also included pictures of the four girls, grainy ones so not a good quality. The ad has been removed or I cant see it because i am now blocked from Shane Porter. His Fauna ID is jporter617and ID link is:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=111097
__________________________________________________ ___________

Shane Porter
‎4 1800-3000g bredder girls one has already locked with my mojave. $450 shipped

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ball..._comment_reply
Shane Porter *** BREEDER***

Shane Porter kevin you say that like its a bad thing.lol shipping on these will cost me $99.00 so whoever wants these girls is getting an awesome deal.

Shane Porter yes 1 layed last year the other largest girl did not gave her the year off she went year before.

Kathy Greer Why are you selling them?

Shane Porter got some morph females up to size, down grading my collection, dont need them anymore. they will make somebody some nice snakes.

Kathy Greer What are they eating?

Kathy Greer Can you ship them next week?

Shane Porter they are eating rats i can ship this week or next up to the buyer

Shane Porter paypal verified.

Shane Porter Girls are sold, thanks Kathy

We began to talk about them in private Face Book Pm's and here is all the dialog regarding the sale and after the sale.
Shane Porter

Conversation started October 23
12:54am
Kathy Greer

THese girls all you are selling and the mojo male?
12:57am

Shane Porter

at the moment
yes Kathy
1:00am

Kathy Greer

I just added a new credit card to my paypal account. If I can figure out how to use it, sorry, old and not too savvy, I would like these girls if you say they are healthy, mite free and so forth 'Smiley' I need your paypal payment address as well to see if i can make this work.
1:02am

Shane Porter

yes they are very health, no issues what so ever, eating very well. none of my snakes ever have mites i clean cages every 3 days. my paypal is (removed for privacy) when you send payment send as a gift so i dont get charged a 3% fee.
1:24am

Kathy Greer

I dont send paypal gifts. I can pay with paypal and of course cover the 3% fee or pay with a regular credit card if you have capabilities. I think I have it figured out. If you can ship them tomorrow that would be best weather wise. If not need to see how the weather will be next week, cold front coming Thursday with wide temp fluctuations.
1:25am
Kathy Greer

463.50 is the total plus 3%. I will make it 465 :)
1:26am

Shane Porter

ok if you can cover the %3 thats fine. i can call and have a pick up placed for tmrw, or weds at latest ill put in some heat packs just to be safe

ill see if i can get them out tmrw i always have to call a day ahead of time for them to schedule pickup.

but ill send them over night weather here is nice all week low to mid 70s
1:27am

Kathy Greer

Temps are 85 during the day and 65 at night so dont want to cook them, temp in box should be ok unless they dont go out tomorrow

Shane Porter

they should be fine.
1:28am

Kathy Greer

I hate shipping :(
1:29am

Shane Porter

yea, i havent had any issues. i stop shipping end of october.

most people dont but i do
1:30am

Kathy Greer

Will you ship fed ex?
1:31am

Shane Porter

yes always ship your reptiles uses fed ex

Kathy Greer

Determines what address I have it sent to, They can never find my house so i usually pick up at the hub.
1:32am

Shane Porter

ok, whatever address you want to provide i will ship to just make sure somebody is there to recieve them
1:32am

Kathy Greer

It will, if they dont let me hub it it will go to my vet clinic

I am a vet tech, dont work there anymore but my mom and sister do 'smiley'
1:33am

Shane Porter

ok. that will work fine.

Kathy Greer

I am a stay a home snake momma and grandma

Shane Porter

ok i see.
1:34am

Kathy Greer

Husband is a Zookeeper

So they will have an excellent and well educated home
1:35am

Shane Porter

nice, you all must know animals well.
1:36am

(We then talk a bit about politics)

Kathy Greer

anyway let me see it this paypal thing works i am really glad to get these girls, got a few nice males that made weight early
1:42am

Shane Porter

awesome. the larger girl gave me 9 eggs in 2010 she hasnt been bred since

2400g girl which is second largest gave me 7 back in april

other two are virgin.
1:43am

(We then talk some about other snakes we have, breedings and so forth)

Kathy Greer

l love the pieds

My most fav snake is my IMG girl

The money has been sent!

Kathy, you have sent $465.00 USD to Shane Porter.

If there is a hold at hub option please do that
1:52am

Shane Porter

those r nice

ok,

great thanks Kathy, ill call first thing in the am and get the shipping booked. ill send you a message with details and ill request a hold option at the hub for your location

also send you tracking info
1:56am

Kathy Greer

Kathy Greer
950 .......
Abilene, Texas, 79601
325 ...-.... sisters number that works at the vet

my number 325 ...-....

Shane Porter

awesome! great i was going to ask you for contact numbers

Kathy Greer

Yes sir :)

If you can send individual pictures and names if you have them I would appreciate that, plus any other info like ages and so forth.

October 23
9:16pm
Kathy Greer

Any word on when these girls will ship?

Supposed to be 85 tomorrow, 78 Thursday and 50 Friday for the highs, 60s first night, 50s and 40s after that this week. Got a Cold front coming. They will go to Memphis hub not sure what temps are there, before they come here.
October 24
1:08am

Shane Porter

hey kathy, ive got everything ready, shipping is taken care of on my end. just waiting for andy from ship your reptiles to call me. im shooting for them to be out by tmrw or thursday at the latest. just waiting to hear back from him to confirm pickup
2:16am

Kathy Greer

If they can ship tomorrow please wait til next week, preferable Mon, in case of delays. Sure dont want them held over the weekend somewhere. Last week a friends snake took two days so better safe than sorry.
2:18am

Shane Porter

Ok soon as I hear from andy a syr ill let u know asap.
2:18am

Kathy Greer

:) Thanks
October 24
1:39pm

Shane Porter

Kathy andy called an said they can go out tmrw around 5pm my time an be there friday morning at the fed ex in memphis tx. would you want me to ship tmrw? or wait till monday ill do either you tell me.
2:51pm

Kathy Greer

Monday

Memphis Tx is not anyway near my home. Abilene Texas is my Fed Ex Hub.
2:52pm

Shane Porter

10 4 ill ship monday
2:52pm

Kathy Greer

THe Memphis hib i was talking about was in TN as they always route the overnight shipments there.

hib-hub

THey, fed ex

Monday here 71 and 51 mon night so much better temps.
3:13pm

Shane Porter

Ok no problem. What's the address I need to ship to?
3:50pm

Kathy Greer

Kathy Greer
Abilene, Texas, 79601
325******* sisters number that works at the vet

Kathy Greer

my number 325 *******

Sorry, copied and pasted this from above

Hold at hub if possible
3:57pm

Shane Porter

Ok thanks
3:57pm

Kathy Greer

No, thank you :)

Did you have pictures? And be sure and tell me who was with the Mojave male. I have a Ghost Mojo and dont want to mix them up.
4:02pm

Shane Porter

Ok yes and will do
October 24
10:56pm

Shane Porter

Kathy, ive got something comming up over the weekend. is there any way i could possibly ship tomorrw. im afraid i wont be home in time for the fed ex guy for pickup monday. its job related an i have to go out of town.

i can ship to this address and request a hold at hub 950 ********
Abilene, Texas, 79601

i would be glad to ship monday but im afraid ill still be working late monday and dont want to miss pick up
11:01pm

Kathy Greer

Tuesday or Wednesday then, not tomorrow. Too many snakes get caught up and come a day late, which would mean they wouldn't get here til Monday. Thats too many days in the box.
11:03pm

Shane Porter

ok. no prob
Tuesday
12:18am

(Monday)
Kathy Greer

Whats the word on these girls?
12:20am

Shane Porter

Shipping out tmrw afternoon :)
12:21am

Kathy Greer

YEAH, did you get the individual pictures of them?
12:21am

Shane Porter

Sure did
12:22am

Kathy Greer

Post them here or even to my wall if you can please.
12:23am

Shane Porter

Ok will do. I printed each of them off an put them with each snake
12:25am

Kathy Greer

THats really sweet of you. If they have names thats fine, if not they will.
12:26am

Shane Porter

Thanks I never named them.
12:27am

Kathy Greer

Most dont. Not like they come when called :)
12:27am

Shane Porter

Lol true
Tuesday
2:25pm

Shane Porter

the girl that was bred with mojave i wrote mojave on her bag. and fed ex will hold the package at 1917 Navajo circle abilene,tx ill post tracking number as soon as they are picked up
2:25pm

Kathy Greer

THanks soo very much :)
4:15pm

Shane Porter

my gf called and said they just picked them up. Fedex Tracking Number: 793959988381 should be at 1917 Navajo circle abilene,tx by 10am tmrw. just go to the hub and pick them up.

i believe that hub is a fedex express
4:17pm

Kathy Greer

Should be the Airport but I will make sure.

Yes, that is at the main hub here at the airport :)
4:22pm

Shane Porter

good deal! awesome
4:23pm

Kathy Greer

Yes, they freak out but oh well :)
Tuesday
10:08pm

Kathy Greer

Shipping weight total, the label says 9 lbs, does not add up to what the snakes are supposed to weigh or was that a typo on fed exes part?
10:10pm

Shane Porter

yea i got charged extra. the box weights more then 9lbs

theres two alone in the box that are 2500 plus one is 3000g shes 6lbs by herself
10:12pm

Kathy Greer

They do reweigh them, or they did the one i shipped. They dont care for me or my snakes at the hub. When my hubby goes up there they are niced because he goes in his zoo uniform.
10:12pm

Shane Porter

oh isee..

they charged me 33 dollars extra

it was 132.00 just to ship them to you :(

but im glad they are going to a good home

so its worth it

im still in SC working, let me know when you get them tmrw.
10:16pm

Kathy Greer

Yes, cant wait :) My sister will pick them up and take them to the vet for a once over, then bring them home. We live on the same property. I am vision impaired and dont drive. She is actually going to Qt them at her house. She has a spare bedroom so it works well.
10:17pm

Shane Porter

awesome. good deal. like i said shoot me a message on here when u get them. they have all eatin. so they wont need to be fed till sat or sunday
10:24pm

Kathy Greer

When did they eat last? I always wait 5-7 days before feeding a new snake to give them time to adjust and the tummy to settle.
10:24pm

Shane Porter

last sat
10:25pm

Kathy Greer

Ok I will keep you posted. I am feeding late tonight so will watch their progress.
10:25pm

Shane Porter

ok. talk to u soon

Thursday (this is technically the day after I picked them up, but i have not gone to bed yet, and felt I needed to get good pictures and a firm hold on what had transpired. Here are the box pictures I hope. )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/filas-p...7631916064577/

4:21am
Kathy Greer

There are a few problems with the girls I just got from you. The first problem was the way they were shipped, in a non insulated box, with nothing to keep them from being thrown about in the box, with a heat pack that was stone cold. They were freezing when they were picked up, and quite possibly they were not always kept in the box with the way the tape was done. I am very fearful that they will all be sick with RIs from being so cold. One of the larger girls is doing a funny head thing and I fear she might have suffered some sort of trauma being tossed around in a box with no packing to prevent movement. I did not probe any of them and wont do anything other than cleaning for a few days. They will be in strict QT and checked daily and i will keep you informed of their health should they become sick

The next thing wrong is the weights of the snakes. They were supposed to be two over 1800 grams, one 2400 gram, and one 3000 gram snake. As you can see from the pictures these snakes do not weigh what was advertised. Please advise as to what you feel is a fair reimbursement for the weights being so far from what they were supposed to be. The small one will not even be breedable at all this year, and the one that was already bred is smaller than most breeders consider minimum weights for that.

I do not feel you intentionally lied about the weights of these snakes, and want you to reimburse me like you would feel is fair were you in my shoes. Thanks, Kathy
4:27am
Kathy Greer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/filas-p...7631916662890/

Thursday
7:57am
Shane Porter

Kathy, these snakes are shipped like always.my gf packed them like we usually do. but i cant understand why she didnt use any insulation? unless we were out and didnt have any. i also noted for u to contact me as soon as you got them. they were there at 8:13am yesterday and you just now contacted me at 5:27am almost 24hrs later. as far as i know all the weights were accurate, they were all weighted on my friends snake scales. ive never had a problem with shipping before and no health issues with the snakes. the fact that you say they were cold, seems odd to me. the amount you payed for these snakes after shipping is a very good deal and i feel is fair. all the snakes arrived alive which is why i placed insurance on them. i also shipped on the days you informed me to.

i dont understand why you didnt contact me as soon as they arrived like i asked to inform me of any problems. live animal shipments are not shipped with regular cargo. so theres no way they were just thrown around. there is no for sure way to ship reptiles, everybody ships diff. i believe i was more then fair on pricing of these snakes not to mention i payed 133.00 for shipping you payed $79.00 a snake! if you want you can pay 133.00 and send them back and ill be glad to refund you.
8:13am
Shane Porter

the snakes are alive, im sorry there was a misunderstanding about weights. 3 of the 4 can and will breed. the biggest layed 9 eggs. the second biggest also layed 7 eggs those two alone are worth what you payed for the 4 snakes.
8:19am
Shane Porter

nothing more i can do, they reached you alive and well im sure. enjoy them. thanks for your time.
Thursday
11:20pm

Kathy Greer

I had to take pictures and get all the information, and quite frankly, compose a fair and accurate PM once I was able to return home as they were shipped to the closest hub, and not the town I live in. They were picked up from the hub at a little after 11, since they were supposed to arrive at 10:30 according to the shipper information, and remained at the vet clinic under observation until I was able to get them from there. These snakes were not what what was advertised and sold, and weights off by more than 1000 grams is totally unacceptable from a business prospective. If you did not have the proper medium to ship these snakes then they should have been held until you did. Please consider that I payed promptly for snakes that were not what was advertised, shipped improperly for the temperatures that may very well be the death of them. For you to tell me to settle for what you consider a good deal when you made the price is astonishing. There was no misunderstanding on the weights of these snakes. Any breeder can guess when a snake is 1000 grams less than they were purported to be.
1:19am

Shane Porter

your going about this wrong, you want me to make ammends for the weight of one snake...and how i shipped them when they arrived live and u dont contact me when i asked you to... then you have somebody message me talking trash and u go and bash me. like i said i shipped on the dates you asked knowing the weather conditions. i also gave an estimated weight and an exact weight of one girl only. you can have your opinions and say what you like. feel free. you got a very good deal on these snakes, seems like you along with others are out to get something from me for free. thats not how i work.
1:25am
Shane Porter

u also failed to tell people there was a heat pack in there. and you knew what the weather would be like and you requested a hold at a hub. which by rights i have no responsibility over because you told me not to ship direct to u. these snakes are healthy and will not have a RI from being cold for 13hrs its not possible. so say what you want and trash me. i also recall u sayin dont put in a heat pack they will cook... i did that anyways and shipped when u asked me to...

Kathy Greer

Me contacting you less than a day after they were picked up does not change any of the facts of this fraudulent/theft by deception transaction.

Shane Porter

i went out of my way to be fair about it... there was insurance placed on the snakes incase they arrived dead, which they did not. they are in your hands and will be fine. as i said they will eat this weeknd.

fraudulent theft? whoa. i didnt steal anything from you...
Shane Porter

u got 4 female ball pythons.. your blowing this outta context just because they werent shipped a certin way and one snake is not the correct weight. i didnt not say 100% weights are correct
i said 1800-3000g i told u i had them weighted by a friend. i dont weight my adults.. i breed them and thats all.
Shane Porter

i never said 100% for sure they are a certin weight. its not like i sent u 4 babies or something. u need to move on, what we can both take of this, is i need to be more clear about what im selling, and you need to be a respectful buyer, ill also let people know who they are dealing with when selling to you.
__________________________________________________ __________

So, Now I am blocked from communicating from him via Facebook and have snakes in various stages of ill health. As you can see from the pictures, none of the snakes were what he reported them to be weight wise, noted in the above dialog and in red font. One of the snakes had retained eye-caps from more than one shed and stuck shed on her body. Another one also had shed stuck to her and also has a badly damaged eye that appears to be unusable. One is having some neurological issues, moves at times in a jerky way straight forward, almost like she cant see and is bumping her way along. She also has what appears to be damage to her body and I will try to get xrays tomorrow to rule out broken ribs or spine. The head movement may be pain generated.

If you will see in another thread http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...55#post1498055 he states he is new to Pythons yet above he said the biggest girl laid 9 eggs for him year before and took last season off. Please be careful when dealing with Shane Porter.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
Fila
Shipping box pictures I hope

Shipping box pictures I hope
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
Fila
Snake pictures on the scales

Snake pictures on the scales
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
redhood23
I spoke with Shane before Kathy made her purchase and he seemed a bit off, hence the reason I didn't buy his snakes. Here is our convo-

3:07am
Shane Porter

ive got a good deal goin rite now for some normal girls. 450 shipped for 4 of them smallest is 1800g-largest is 3000g or so. one locked last week with my mojave male. askin 450 shipped for them. u wont find this deal anywhere else espically with their size. i ship via fed ex an ship your reptiles i also have paypal. thanks

4:16am
Shane Porter

yea ill get u some pics just a sec

4:21am
Shane Porter

biggest girl

4:22am
Shane Porter

smallest with mojave

4:23am
Shane Porter

second biggest girl

4:24am
Shane Porter

3r biggest

4:25am
Shane Porter

like i said i can do 450 shipped, u wont find a better deal on girls this big. i need to move them because i dont have the room, my mojave girl, and butter girl are ready this year along with my pastel

4:32am
Brett Bloom

I want them, but really don't know if I can do the 450 shipped. I can definitely do 400 though

4:33am
Shane Porter

shipping is gonna cost 50 dollars because of the size box i have to use for them. ill split shipping with u an do 425.00

4:34am
Brett Bloom

what is the best you can do on the 3 smaller ones?

4:35am
Shane Porter

ill take 75.00 off if u get the 3 smaller ones. so i can do $350 shipped

ight tell u what i ll do, $400 shipped you can get all 4 of them. ill take your offer. reason why i dont really need them.

they will go this year and you will make alot of babies with them

no issues out of them what so ever an like i said they eat like pigs

4:38am
Brett Bloom

I can do that. I can pay friday. is that ok?

4:38am
Shane Porter

sounds good, i have paypal.
jporter617@yahoo.com

when you send funds make sure u mark it as gift or they will take our a percentage, just put in the notes its for the ball python females.

5:06am
Brett Bloom

sounds good.

October 18
11:38pm
Brett Bloom

I will make the payment tomorrow. Ok?

11:40pm
Shane Porter

sounds good brett let me know. ill keep an eye out for it thanks

11:42pm
Brett Bloom

Ok. Do you have any references by chance?

11:44pm
Shane Porter

heather teems just bought a male het pied last month from me shes on the classifieds look her up.

shes on her heather teems

12:10am
Brett Bloom

Cool. Are you on fauna as well?

12:10am
Shane Porter

Jus signed up last month no sales on there just buys

12:33am
Brett Bloom

ok cool

what is your handle on there?

12:34am
Shane Porter

Jporter617

12:46am
Brett Bloom

How long you been dealing with balls?

12:47am
Shane Porter

About 4 5 years jus got into recessive stuff bout year ago.

12:51am
Brett Bloom

only reason I ask is your posts on fauna you say you just got into balls

12:53am
Shane Porter

Recessive stuff. Didn't go into detail iasked about a het pied I got awhile back 66 percent sold him to heather teems

12:53am
Brett Bloom

ok.

12:54am
Shane Porter

All the girls I'm selling I've bred or had an haven't bred. I've got all the morph girls up to size. If u dnt think its safe to buy from me then that's ok

I've got 3 others wanting them ur first in line

12:55am
Brett Bloom

I want em, Just skeptical.

12:56am
Shane Porter

There normal females nothing to be worried about I could see if u were buyin mystics from me or a hidden gene but this is just breeder girls.

12:59am
Brett Bloom

The issue is I have never heard of you, nor have any other people I have spoken to. 400 bucks is 400 bucks. wether it is a normal or a banana doesn't matter. I have been breeding and selling for many years.

1:00am
Shane Porter

Like I said I dnt need them all my morph girls are ready. That's why I'm sellin them I could throw my spinneblast to them or my lesser bee

But I dnt need anymore of those this year working on my potions and mystics

1:03am
Brett Bloom

how many snakes you have? how long you been breeding?

1:04am
Shane Porter

ive got 14 like i said ive been doing it since 2008 i bought all my morphs from daniel allison look him up hes a local friend of mine

1:06am
Brett Bloom

cool.

Shane Porter

majority of my sells or trades are local at reptile shows in NC an SC repticon an what not

Brett Bloom

just cause I haven't heard of you, I really dont feel too comfortable doin the 400 right now. how bout we do the 2 smaller girls for 200 shipped, once they get here and I check sexes I will send 250 for the other 2. does that work?

If so, I can send 200 now

you ship fedex overnight priority, correct?

1:10am
Shane Porter

cant do that man sorry im sellin them as a lot of 4

Brett Bloom

who do you ship through?

Shane Porter

already took some money off for u. just cant do it
i need these gone asap. there all females, you u see any 3000g males around let me know id buy them

ship your reptiles fed ex Andy knows who i am

i got offers for my asking price and like i said your 1st in line at 400 shipped. im being fair about it.

1:12am
Brett Bloom

you gaurantee sex?

Shane Porter

i could just take the 450 offers but im not like that u asked first

Brett Bloom

and health?

take the 450 offers then

I got many others to purchase.

sorry for wasting your time as well as mine.

1:13am
Shane Porter

ok thanks

1:15am
Brett Bloom

if you decide to do 200 or 250 for the first 2 then the same with the next 2 after I check out the first ones, let me know.

1:17am
Shane Porter

it cost me 80 to ship to your zipcode.. thats160.00 in shipping twice. its cheaper to combine shipping

if you wana pay for shipping twice which is 160.00 over night twice sure ill send 2 at a time for $280.00 a pair

1:23am
Brett Bloom

what is your zip? I really wanna check those numbers

1:24am
Shane Porter

28075. in fact it may be more. im sure its around 90.00

it cost me 78 to ship heather teems het male an shes in indiana

if u think ima full of it then dont bother man, i have no reason to lie about anything. last thing i need is issues on the net about my snakes. ive never had anybody ive traded or sold to have issues.

1:28am
Brett Bloom

I just checked the shipping, you are correct on that. I will do the 400. But wanna make sure you gaurantee sex and health

Shane Porter

yes, i GAURANTEE SEX they are all female. health is covered under syr, it cost extra i pay for that

so if they arrive dead its covered

another reason why i need to ship soon its gettin cold here in nc
48 lastnight

i put in heat packs but u never know sometimes what weather will do across state lines

1:30am
Brett Bloom

I am not talking about live arrival. I am talking about overall health. no respiratory issues and whatnot

Shane Porter

oh, yea sure none of my animals have those issues. they stay in my room with me in their racks. never had those issues with my animals.

i dont cool my animals maybe 3-5 degree drop at most. my animals go after being fed up when they are ready. never had a issue breeding this way. some a diff

Old 11-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #5
redhood23
Isent Kathy the Pics he sent me cause I am not to great on the comp and do not understand how to D/L them from a facebook message. Maybe she can post them too.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 AM   #6
eclements81
Here's a link to the pic on facebook he has listed right now http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
Fila
Pictures that were sent to Brett

I realized while reading his dialog to Brett that he said he put the smallest girl with the Mojave and got a confirmed lock. He marked the bags when he sent them to me which one was bred to the Mojo and it was the 1400 gram girl in there, not the smallest. Why was that changed? It seems to be the littlest from the pictures locked with that Mojo, and she is only about 750 grams full, since he fed them all 3 days before he shipped them. Now I am worried she will die as thin as she is and then so small...
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
ballchick90
I also saw the ad on Facebook and almost sent him a msg...but if it seems to good to be true, it usually is. That is a despicable way to ship a live animal, much less four large animals in one box. Is that blood on the bottom of the box?
Not to mention one of them is 700 grams when he claimed the smallest was 1400? Thats HALF what he said she was. It's not that hard to weigh a snake correctly. I hope none of them come down with RI...
I would report this to SYR immediately.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fila View Post
Shane Porter
when you send payment send as a gift so i dont get charged a 3% fee.
In my opinion this was not about 3% and all about the fact that dispute resolution is not permitted by Paypal for gifts. It is against their TOS and in my opinion a scummy thing to do to try to get around their fee, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fila View Post
one of the snakes had retained eye-caps from more than one shed and stuck shed on her body. Another one also had shed stuck to her and also has a badly damaged eye that appears to be unusable. One is having some neurological issues, moves at times in a jerky way straight forward, almost like she cant see and is bumping her way along. She also has what appears to be damage to her body and I will try to get xrays tomorrow to rule out broken ribs or spine. The head movement may be pain generated.

You got sent snakes that were not the advertised weight and that have health issues. Go ahead and contact Paypal and your bank to start. Kathy, are you in Texas?
Then file here:https://www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php. Also, Texas has an extremely strong consumer protection statutes, see the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act where you can get up to triple damages plus attorney fees, and an exceptionally easy Small Claims court process.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
RichsBallPythons
I can come in and tell you a 750g female will not die from having eggs. She will be scaled down to about 1-3 eggs tops for her size. So just keep feeding her and youll be fine and chances are the few locks he did arent doing anything

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!