Bad Guy Gregg Madden and Joe Schmidt - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #11
Justin Mitcham
Story #1
Quote:
Firstly, they were not bred last season. Secondly, you will not be getting anything from Joe or myself. I asked Joe about this email you sent. He said there was a deal prior to you ripping him and Chad Fuchs off for some condas. So, being that you never made good on your end of that deal, I gather you and Joe are squared up. You get to keep the condas you never made good on and Joe and myself will keep our Jags. Whatever deal you and Joe had, has nothing at all to do with me. And why you would think you would have first pick on animals that I raised up and that I worked to breed is beyond me. Do not contact me again unless you are looking to buy some Jags.

Have a good one...

Gregg"
Chad show one email you sent me. I tried and kept trying to reach you!!
Funny how the hypo you sent me as replacements for sticking me with 3.1 axanthic (one deformed)when I bought 1.3 died.. was it crypto?? Hope you didnt send that on purpose.

Story # 2
"I was told the project mine because Justin stole snake from Joe??
I was ripped off 10-15k because I stole snakes from Joe huh??... what snakes.. any emails to prove that?? I dont remember ever having snakes from Joe...let them prove that statement!! In fact I have emails asking about my animals he had.. not other way around.

TRUTH
Gregg , Chad and anyone who believe them are just looking and reaching for a way to justify what was done.. Joe impersonating a married biology teacher/pet store owner for no other apparent reason but to complain shows some real issues.. you thinking that burning me for 10x what was in dispute is ok then your a thief..

So joe said I owed him 1400..
I said have Chad contact me and Ill take care of it..
he would not contact me..answer the phone or email

I sent Joe 6 1500 jags and one 3k one..
I would think if I owed anything at that point it wouldnt matter..
He shipped the animals right away to madden
Then month later I am told they are his not mine and that hell send me some babies
Then madden says nope all mine no babies becasue now you stole snake from Joe??

Prove it.. where's Joe and Chad?? Come on all 3, you guys like to run your mouth online so much in forums.. run it here.. Gregg you literally been begging me to do this..ok I did.. seems that little meme Sawden posted was right on??

Old 01-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #12
KBenker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGMinc View Post
I’ve been in the trade for 30+ years. Like many of you I have watched people get burned time and again on breeder exchange deals, from people being flat ripped off and losing expensive animals to being told yield numbers were lower than what they actually were. Friendships destroyed animals abused and genuine criminal activity. I have only one question when will people learn to use contracts? I’ve never been burned because I took the time money and energy to hire a lawyer to write up every project I’ve ever been involved with anyone else. I have zero issue filling civil suit and/or criminal charges. If people would just work to keep an upstanding name none of this would be necessary but it appears many do not care about their name or reputation. Many of us have spent years trying to get people involved in this hobby/business to make the trades more acceptable to the general public to combat fear and educate ignorance. In doing so we also absorbed some really shady characters. I don’t have a dog in this fight but neither party took the time to cover themselves correctly, it’s bad business. Animals don’t cost what they used to and the market is down animals that should be in the 40-50k range are 10k and any time you allow everyone to play the bad seeds are going to dig in deep. When breeders were having to put out 45k for morph they had more to lose and didn’t take risk dealing with anyone without covering all the bases.
I'm very much a newcomer, but this is the way I see things:

It is sad to realize that contracts are the way to go in today's world. It just points to an overall lack of ethics. I know I've made my mistakes - none of us are perfect - but it's how we handle the outcome that defines us. I have no direct knowledge of what transpired in 2012, however seeing lies being told, just to have an excuse for not shipping on time, is disheartening. Not even attempting to give credit where credit was due, no matter the value now - which sure isn't the same as back then. That kind of betrayal of trust hurts and that hurt is not easy to put away!

Not speaking out about crypto issues in my house was eating away at me and once the separation was final, it was time to rectify that mistake. I don't know how many I may have hurt with my actions and that I will have to live with.

I was one of those people that still believed that a persons word had weight. I trusted my mentor and expected to be treated with the same amount of trust and honesty as was being given.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:50 PM   #13
snakesareawesome
Anyone whose first response to a disease outbreak is trying to figure out who all knows so they can keep word from getting out is someone to avoid. The right way to handle a disease outbreak is to inform anyone who may have received those animals so they can take measures to protect their collections and begin any needed testing services. More and more animals are going to get tested all the time. More and more vets are familiar with reptiles as are more and more pathologists and this does not bode well for people who are trying to hide dirty collections.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:07 PM   #14
Chris Kennard
I'm done reading any posts with the name Justin Mitcham attached to them. Just sayin'.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:06 AM   #15
JimM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
Anyone whose first response to a disease outbreak is trying to figure out who all knows so they can keep word from getting out is someone to avoid. The right way to handle a disease outbreak is to inform anyone who may have received those animals so they can take measures to protect their collections and begin any needed testing services. More and more animals are going to get tested all the time. More and more vets are familiar with reptiles as are more and more pathologists and this does not bode well for people who are trying to hide dirty collections.

Wishful thinking, Kevin. Some who are really serious about their animals and not just the money and have concerns will do it, but most who breed for money will not test because there's a good chance their stuff has crypto and we all know what the only 'treatment' for crypto is. How many vendors at the shows do you really think would have their animals tested multiple times for crypto before putting them up for sale ??

How about Fauna, Kingsnake and the promoters of the shows requiring all sellers to provide proof of a recent, clean fecal for their animals before they're allowed to be put on the market for sale ??

Yes, I meant that as a joke. That would be impossible ... it'll never happen. That would shut down the whole herp hobby quicker than Fish and Game keep trying to do with the new laws and restrictions they impose on us every year. Many years ago someone tried to run a very clean, professional show with only CBB animals and a vet inspection but it didn't pan out ... good intentions but it's just wasn't possible .

Not saying that's the way it should be and I agree with you. I'm saying that's the way it is and will always be ... if not worse ... even though there is more known about reptile diseases and treatment than ever before. It's gotten too big, too much revolves around the money and there are too many in this for the quick buck and not from a life long interest in the animals as it was almost 50 years ago when I started.

I've seen a few dedicated, breeders on Fauna good honest to have animals tested for nidovirus prior to selling animals they produce, but they are far and few between. Crypto needs a few tests ... one test for crypto coming back negative doesn't mean anything. How many people you think are really going to do that before selling something they want to sell ?

And it's unfortunate that something as bad and common as crypto still has no treatment. The sad truth is that for most people the 'treatment' for crypto is to unload the infected animal(s) at the next show.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #16
Justin Mitcham
Contracts and written agreements are great.. if you willing to put out 5-20k , go to court , then if you win hire a collection agency or go to court again for writ of possession. I use to do this in my 20's when I did door to door collections. I know whats exactly involved and can tell you that small sums are damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. I felt like I lost a part of my soul doing that job and honestly don't really like chasing people for money because of it.The bad feelings and stress is something I do not need. When all of this was going down we were having our 1st child, I had a lot on my plate and simply just didn't have the time to whine online.

Now after years Gregg repeatedly called me out to write a BOI on him.. Im tired of the drama.. it isnt my fault he partnered himself with Joe and Chad, isnt my fault they lied..but it is my fault for putting myself in this situation repeatedly like an idiot. I agree.
BUT I would like to point out that many of my biggest best customers are people I have done this for.. and I sale out every year withing 3-6 months no matter what I produce.. that says a lot!!

Today the biggest threat in our business is for a lack of a better word..Charlatans ... people who visit forums, pages and say they have more experience or think they have more experience then what they do. These people self promote ,virtue signal and bully on sites to get an inflated sense of self worth. Instead of actually mentoring or running a business that has an impact they sit back and poison the well by passing themselves off as something they are simply not...experienced.
Joe has never been a good breeder..
Nor is Gregg..
In fact many hognose breeders arnt to be honest..
You dont see hundreds of eggs hatching every season in posts every year .. but they sure will be there when yours are hatching, one way or another..on a forum or wanting a handout or wholesale deal so they can flip the animals. To be moderator or plagiarize a caresheet.. its a joke. In the end cameras have been around for a long time and reptile breeders take pics..funny how these guys just never have any?? Breeding ones and twosies is great, but claiming your an accomplished productive breeder with 0 evidence is something of an epidemic these days..

It's like you Chris.. you have one trader rating(from Rich for buying membership lol) in how many years..but yet 5000+ posts?? i have 9 excellent reviews and 500+ post most of those 5-10+ years ago.. We're like opposites!! My problem isn't selling or producing quality animals.. it's dealing with self promoting drama queens who try to bully ,post and scam their way to the top instead of working hard!! Talk is cheap actions are not!! This is why I spend most of my time in my reptile room and handling business not posting online about what others are doing lol..

Old 01-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #17
snakesareawesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post

I've seen a few dedicated, breeders on Fauna good honest to have animals tested for nidovirus prior to selling animals

The people peddling dirty animals aren't the ones doing the testing. What ends up having is they send out enough sick animals that they finally send one to someone who tests it and then they get caught that way. Word travels pretty fast online. As far as reptile shows, I don't go to them. It's like a flea market of diseases.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!