Genetics question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
BryonsBoas
Genetics question

A buddy of mine is setting up a burm project. It consists of an albino het green that he wants to put to a green. In this project he would like to like to add a granite burm. I'm no where near up to speed on burm morphs but I'm assuming it would eventually end up being an albino green granite. Is that right?

Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
fuscusking13
All three of those morphs are simple recessives, so the albino het green crossed with the green will get you 50%greens het albino, and then the other half of the clutch will all be double hets. It is going to take him quite a fews years to see an albino green granite out of that. I think it would be a lot easier to breed the albino het green to the granite and you could breed those siblings together(not that I would suggest that as burms are already inbred enough lol) and havea better shot there, if you got really lucky and happened to breed two that were carrying the green gene you could get one right there, but the numbers would really be working against you. This is definately a project. It is going to take him a few generations to see an albino green granite, it would be easier to get some triple het babies from someone raise them up and breed them together, or even visual morphs that are double hets, or 2 visual morphs het for the third. But if he has some time on his hands and wants to do it the hard way, have at it!!! Good luck! Dan M.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!