Peacock Eel questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:56 AM   #1
deviljho
Peacock Eel questions

Hello. I recently got a Peacock Spiny Eel and i really love the little guy. Wasn't eating freeze dried bloodworms but appears to be eating frozen thawed shrimp. I've had him for about a week and today i noticed something off. Some of his scales in the back quarter of his body are turning greyer, and he has a couple white specks on his body. Not sure about the discoloration but the spots look like either Ich or just sand, i can't tell. Can anybody offer any advice to me on the matter? I would ao greatfully appreciate it.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #2
deviljho
I snapped some more pictures of the little guy. The girst one shows his cross section, i cannot quite tell if he is eating. I assume he is cuz he's gotten much more active, but i haven't actively seen him eat. I even offered him a live worm with little interest.

The second picture is what i believe is a wound. It looks perfect shape and size to suggest that my Sailfin Molly nipped it. I heard that molly's might be bullies but this convinced me. But i'm gonna bring in the Molly tomorrow, swap it out for a different fish. Still, i am eager to hear your opinions and thoughts on how to ensure my eel is eating. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #3
deviljho
Sorry last pictures didn't post. I'll post em here.

So i found that my water chemestry was off, too much Nitrates, Nitrites, and Ammonias. So i'm cycling my tank and i've put my eel in isolation. No substrate just the eel. I'm still trying to get him to eat, so i've given him an earthworm. Only problem is he won't eat. The worm is the right diameter, but is there such a thing as too long? I really want this eel to eat. Please help.

He also has a weird bump on his gut, shown in the 3rd pic. Not sure what that is either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!