How To Survive An Anaconda Attack - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
wcreptiles
How To Survive An Anaconda Attack

Here's an article I ran across, it should be useful to so many pople because as we know Anaconda attacks are occuring at an alarming rate.

Quote:
Coming into contact with an anaconda is every rainforest explorer’s worst nightmare come true. Known for constriction capabilities that suck the breath out of living prey within minutes or less, preparedness is one’s only hope of escaping the clutches of this fearsome jungle predator. Now you can learn how to avoid, evade and fight the mighty anaconda off with our trusty anaconda attack survival guide.

Set Up A Safe Camp

The most important tip for surviving an anaconda attack is avoiding one all together. If you’re camping out, that means setting up your tent far away from the murky shores of river water – an anacondas’ natural habitat - as AMWorld reports. A good rule of thumb is: the dryer the area surrounding your campsite, the safer you are. Don’t be heartened by a river scan that doesn’t yield any sightings, as these camouflage masters are very difficult to spot.

Evade Them

If you’re unfortunate enough to spot an anaconda in your space or, worse, see one coming towards you, the best thing to do is move away. While merciless in their feeding routine, these predators are not known to be speedy slitherers - walking at a pace faster than a mile or two an hour is enough to evade capture.

Fight Back At All Costs

If you’re awake when you spot an anaconda, chances are you’ll run away as fast as you can and any concern about being eaten will be obliterated. If you’re asleep, however, the plot thickens and so may the beastly reptile’s body if exacts its grasp and begins to swallow you whole. These snakes don’t have venomous teeth, but once they stretch their jaws around your head, your waking seconds are numbered. In this case, avoidance is no longer a viable option. Your last hope is battle. To fight off an anaconda, you can either bite its tail or strike its body repeatedly with blunt objects. No predator wants to struggle for a meal. Fighting back might ensure your survival against these exotic beasts.

Let us know below or @DegreeMen on Twitter if you have any other tips on avoiding exotic animal attacks. Your advice just might save a life.

USER POSTS***

Yes, my solution is simple---DON'T GO IN THE JUNGLE!!! Robert Hayes Halfpenny

Use a "snapper"... which is a small one-shot 22 caliber snake defense system I designed. Its cheap and exceptionally motivating to this predator. One shot from a palm delivery system is all it takes. I recommend direct placement as close to the snake's head as possible. It may save your life (and your scalp).

How about keeping a knife on or within reach so if you are attacked by an Anaconda or Python in the wild, you're able to turn them into a pair of boots or a nice belt, before they turn you into a meal ? With all of these imbeciles who buy then release these super predators that devour everything in a new eco-system, they and other non-indigenous species are destroying large areas of wildlife that have taken tens of thousands of years to develop. I say if someone is caught intentionally importing destructive animals to the US, feed them to the animals and then ship the illegal animals back to their home country.
Original article here.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
E.Shell
I always enjoy a good joke.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Redfeet
cant get back that 3 minutes lol

Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
rcarichter
Just to be clear-
When it's jaws are wrapped around my head, I am supposed to bite it's tail.

Noelle

Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #5
Hypopita
lol wow

Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Just to be clear-
When it's jaws are wrapped around my head, I am supposed to bite it's tail.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!